94 mustang gt fixer upper

godfearingman

Reaction score
Ok I figured I'd start a build thread instead of asking numerous questions in different areas of the forum like I've already done lol. I bought the care I'm trying to figure out what it has and doesn't have. There's no stereo but went by Ford dealership and got a list of what they could with the age of it. Says it has CD player and premium cassette player as well is that the same as mach 460 system? I see the pods for the tweeters over the mirror bolts but no grilles or speakers to know for sure.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Does anyone have 94-95 mustang with premium sound system/mach 460 that can post pictures of the stereo and the harness? I think mine came with it but there's not stereo. But there's the tweeter pods minus the tweeters and grilles but don't know if it's factory or something that was added on. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
they have the no premium padding and some gray transparent cloth that doesn't have any firmness I saw what I think is an amp under where the stereo was in front of the shifter.

lutter94

Reaction score
They all have an amp under the radio (in front of the shifter). I think you have/had standard sound with cd.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
The print off I got from the dealership said CD player with premium am/fluid stereo cassette
20150609_121514_zpsop0n0h0c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I can't figure out why my car won't crank now it doesn't do anything when I turn the key doesn't try to turnover or anything no light dimming or anything either. I'm thinking it's the ignition switch/cylinder I can remove and insert the key in any position. Only other thing I can think of is the starter solenoid or the starter itself anyone have any idea what it could be? I've already tried jumping it as well

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
the ignition switch/lock cylinder would cause it not to crank as well right? I can spin the part that I insert the key into all the way around without the key in it.

lutter94

Reaction score
Auto parts stores should have a new one. Turn it to on and stick something in the pin hole, it should pull out the column

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I've already done than around noon before laying down I did a transmission fluid and filter change and was wanting to run and hopefully drive the car around my neighborhood but it wouldn't do anything but noticed the ignition switch/lock cylinder is moving freely just wanted to verify it would cause the no cranking issue only $12.99-$17.99 and won't take but couple minutes at the most in take out and install think this will work ok?
http://www.autozone.com/interior/ig.../1994/8-cylinders-t-5-0l-sfi-ho/97690_0_7120/

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I keep finding more and more things I need to do the car it still won't do anything when I turn the key thinking it's the starter and or solenoid. How do I remove the starter? I can see and get the the bottom bolt but don't know how to reach the top pot and take the wires off the solenoid without dropping the starter first any suggestions?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I still can't get the car to do anything thinking its the starter and or solenoid but I can't figure out how to remove the starter. I can see and get to the bottom bolt but can't figure out how to get the top bolt and the wires on the solenoid without dropping the starter first. I have the Haynes manual and it's not much help with this can anyone give me any suggestions?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
there's another bolt hidden between the starter and the block. You can reach it with a long extension.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
reach through where though? Right in front of the starter or closet to the front of the car? Also what about the sole

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I had to get a new starter and battery have it running but won't rev past 2000 rpm in park haven't tried to move it yet been too hot plus I have the seats out because I don't like them. I've also done a spark plug change would wires, coil, distributor cap and or rotor button cause it or a sensor like tps or iac?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to drive the car around the block where I live at it skips and misfires through out the driving range and won't go over 2000 rpm and the front end shakes when accelerating and shifting gears. I already put new plugs in but haven't done the wires, distributor cap rotor button or ignition coil, would they cause the issue clogged fuel filter or what?

lutter94

Reaction score
Are the wires in the correct order? Doesn't hurt to give her a proper tune up, ignition system, wires, cap, rotor, coil. Clean the sensors in the intake. Change the fuel filter.

Not saying throw a ton of parts at it, but if you don't know the history, and the parts don't look new. They prob need replaced anyways....

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Yea already checked all that and done a spark plug change but not the other ignition parts. Noticed that the Iacocca valve connector is loose can pull it right off. I'll try plugs wires distributor cap and rotor button along with ignition coil next along with a new fuel filter which the previous owner had in the car. Also the cats are busted out don't know if thst has anything to do with it but there's no cel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online