94 mustang gt fixer upper

lutter94

Reaction score
The ECM doesn't know anything about the cats. No downstream sensors. Throw in an off road pipe, f'd up cats could be your problem too. I had a bad o2 sensor once and it did not throw a CEL.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
There's already an I think magnaflow x-pipe along with magnaflow dual mufflers there's magnaflow exhaust tips there's nothing inside the cats housing they've been busted out and welded back up.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
is the gas pedal supposed to be basically touching the firewall? And have what to be seems like a lot of slack on the throttle/accelerator cable where it connects to the throttle body

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
thinking by transmission is toast it'll move forward in all gears except park and the whole front of the car shakes/shutters when changing gears

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Depending on the number of miles, You might think about replaceing the timing chain too,

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's right behind the WP. All of the WP bolts go through the TC cover, There's only a few more bolts left to remove on the front of the cover. And a couple small bolts that bolt the oil pan to the TC cover.
It's explained in the haynes manual.
You'll probably break a couple of bolts in the process because they pass through the waterjacket and get stuck and corroded in place.

RichV

Reaction score
What is a Iacocca valve connector?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I'm planning on replacing the timing chain when I replace the water pump HOPING I don't have any similar issues as you had doing yours lol. But the way the rust looks inside the pump and around the bolt under the top hose I might be in for something similar. I'm thinking about pulling off my old pump tomorrow while it's cooler and put it my car when I go into work Tuesday night so I can get a new pump and timing chain Wednesday morning when I get paid. Would anti-seize work for the two bolts your talking about that goes through the water jacket or would I need pipe tape or what to prevent corrosion and or stuck bolts? Also where would I find a replacement timing chain cover if I have to brake my factory one?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm or deny if an automatic transmission out of an 96 explorer 302 will work? The seller says it will just have to switch the shift linkage between them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online