94 mustang procharged, help!

klsmustang

Reaction score
I have a 94 327 with afr 165s and edelbrock rpm intake and f cam. I am running a D1b procharger with a 6 rib 3.2 pulley(i think). I get about 10 psi of boost and make 508 rwhp. My problem is i want to make more power so am considering a smaller pulley but think i will start slipping the belt. Does anyone know if there is an 8 or 12 rib kit for the 94-95 5.0s? Also, i only get about 5 psi when i roll into it on the highway in 4th, but 1st and 2nd easily pulls 10 psi. whats up?

blown98gt

Reaction score
i went ahead and bought a BGG Performance kit, cost a bit but Reichard Racing makes super nice 8 rib pulleys (what i'm running) and you can find all ford 8 rib pulleys i'm not sure as much on the 5.0's but BGG might be able to help you out or point you in the right direction the owner is a great guy and very easy going shoot him an email..

you know you can always try going with a meth kit so you can pull more timing

SVTurbo 98

Reaction score
You have an aftermarket block, right? Centri's need rpms to make full boost. So if you're not at the top of 4th on the highway you won't see full boost. If you are, then the belt is slipping and an 8 rib setup will do wonders.

OP
OP
K

klsmustang

Reaction score
Yeah i have a sportsman block and i pull it up to 6500 rpms so it is probably slipping the crap out of the belt. I was told by procharger that there isnt an 8 rib pulley set up for the d1b on a 94-95 5.0 but ill try the place you said. Thanks for your help!

blown98gt

Reaction score
what did procharger say? did you call and see if procharger sells and 8 rib pulley for the d1b?

NXcoupe

Reaction score
You won't find one. Here is the way to fix it. Get rid of your a/c, move your p/s over to the driver's side with a kit from Procharger, but get it for a fox body. Get a fox body 8 rib pulley and belt kit along with a renegade bracket setup for it. Mount it one using a set of fox body alternator brackets, and viola! No more belt slip. This is why I do not recommend a procharger kit for high hp sn95's. We just tuned a paxton car with a similar set up as yours, except ford x heads, and a 347, he made 550 at the rear wheels. That was with a conservative tune. Your car's power is going to be limited by the belt drive system. What happens is the tensioner is spring loaded, and you are putting more load on that belt than the tensioner was designed to handle, so it starts to move up allowing the belt to get some slack in it, and it slips. Should be a fine black powder on your inner fender and the blower itself.

blown98gt

Reaction score
NXcoupe said:
You won't find one. Here is the way to fix it. Get rid of your a/c, move your p/s over to the driver's side with a kit from Procharger, but get it for a fox body. Get a fox body 8 rib pulley and belt kit along with a renegade bracket setup for it. Mount it one using a set of fox body alternator brackets, and viola! No more belt slip. This is why I do not recommend a procharger kit for high hp sn95's. We just tuned a paxton car with a similar set up as yours, except ford x heads, and a 347, he made 550 at the rear wheels. That was with a conservative tune. Your car's power is going to be limited by the belt drive system. What happens is the tensioner is spring loaded, and you are putting more load on that belt than the tensioner was designed to handle, so it starts to move up allowing the belt to get some slack in it, and it slips. Should be a fine black powder on your inner fender and the blower itself.

i don't have any belt slippage out of my d1sc i've got the BGG 8 rib kit, a RR 2.9 pulley and a RR tensioner and i've never had belt slippage. Although i'm not going to far past 6500 most people who go to 7k usually see it around 6100-6200. I think the RR 8 rib pulley has a lot to do with it too i'd recommend going with their super grip pulley

OP
OP
K

klsmustang

Reaction score
NXcoupe said:

I dont have ac and my ps is on the drivers side. So i need a renegade bracket setup for a fox body and pulley kit. This will make it a dedicated 8 rib pulley for the blower and the accessories will still run on the 6 rib? I dont need to change anything else? waterpump, timing cover, etc

blown98gt

Reaction score
yeah or you can get the renegade bracket and i'm almost sure they have one that runs on a cog pulley and setup which is even more ideal

OP
OP
K

klsmustang

Reaction score
alright, i broke a piston. Blew a head gasket and the cylinder hydrolocked i guess. Oh well, i am going to build it back but it will be a 331 now with either afr 185s or 205s not sure which would be best. I am also getting rid of the procharger setup and either going with vortech or paxton. Can yall give me some opinons on which heads and which supercharger. i am looking to build a street strip car with good reliability and about 600rwhp. thanks

Her name is Jaz

Reaction score
i don't have any belt slippage out of my d1sc i've got the BGG 8 rib kit, a RR 2.9 pulley and a RR tensioner and i've never had belt slippage. Although i'm not going to far past 6500 most people who go to 7k usually see it around 6100-6200. I think the RR 8 rib pulley has a lot to do with it too i'd recommend going with their super grip pulley
I'd really like to know more about the RR pulleys but it looks like you have a 4.6 car. That's a totally different setup.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online