95 GT RUNNING LIKE CRAP

95_saleen

Reaction score
I have a 95 gt. I pick it up and has idle issues,pulled the codes and replaced,o2's,iac,egr, EGR position sensor,air temp sencor,cleaned mass air,checked vacuum lines. i maybe forgetting sum stuff. I replaced the egr and now the car sounds like its cammed,sounds really good lol almost like a trickflow stage 1. Ive put the old egr back in and it still sounds cammed. I unplugged the vacuum line to the egr and it smooths out and idles normally and some times when i unplug the vac to the egr the idle will hang at around 1500. The problem with it sounding cammed started when i replaced the egr and now it sounds that way with the new egr and with the old egr. Mods that are on the car when i got it are, trickflow upper and lower, throttle body ,cai,shorty headers o/r h spintech super pro streets,3.73 gears. Any ideas on how to fix this would be awesome!

Chip66

Reaction score
Any codes?

Sounds like the EGR is not closing at idle as it should. Do you know if it was tuned? It might have been tuned for an EGR delete. If there are no codes thrown, I'd guess it was tuned to delete it.

If it wasn't tuned check the wiring to the EGR. It should be throwing an EGR code.

Unless it was tuned for an EGR delete, you want the EGR functioning or else it is likely to knock at mid-range RPMs and higher throttle positions.

OP
OP

95_saleen

Reaction score
I have checked to see if there was a chip and the car computer looks untouched. I did get a egr code that's y i was replacing it. The car only has 69000 miles and the old egr was nice and clean. The car had its idle issues but ran strong and was drivable,changed out the egr and now it runs like crap with the new and old now.....thats what i get for trying to make it run better lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not long ago I discovered a problem with my tps. I replaced it, and found the same problem. After a little further trouble shooting I discovered that it was the harness going to the tps that was bad. One of the clips broke off and it was tight until the motor warmed up and then it would loose connection and cause problems. You can test this with a volt meter or just jiggle the harness while its running and see if it stumbles. Don't be afraid to do this to all the harnesses on teh car.

OP
OP

95_saleen

Reaction score
I have found the problem with my car and y it was sounding like it was cammed they had a vacuum line running from the intake to a T and then from that to the EGR. Swapped some vac line around and she runs smooth as can be!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online