95 Supercharged H/C/I Dyno results ( some interested results )

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
You have QH catalog and see the injec duty cycle.. You'll know if your maxed out.. You prob need atleast the high press 255. Buy i would go with the 340lph. Especially since your going to upgrade to the boss block..

Injectors were at 85% at 5100 rpm so need to lower boost so i dont max out injector and make over 500rwhp.. keep in mind that was at 12 degrees timing not 18 like I should be at

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

ProKiller

Reaction score
seems your getting a little upset, which wasn't my intention at all. sorry. maybe i'm not understanding what you mean from a total timing standpoint, but i'm thinking the way i tune via the PMS is probably different and that's why. The different tables allow me to adjust timing based on different conditions. for example, boost, part throttle, WOT. I have part throttle putting in 10* degrees at some points but then boost will pull it out based on amount of boost. i don't think it's an accurate measure by just saying i have X amount of timing. it doesn't tell the whole story.

I agree that you will push the duty cycle of 42#s when pushing high 400's-500+ rwhp, but you can fudge this a little by increasing your fuel pressure. Like justin said with a boost-a-pump.

full force

Reaction score
My CObra made 442.5HP @ 5750 with a 331, cleaned up iron GT-40 heads and stock Cobra intake, with a 10lb Paxton Novi, I have 50 lb injectors, 255 in take Anderson big pump inline, I Am starting to have issues leaning out up top, Safely tuned...I think it could be in my digital mass air meter as fuel system seems to check out, I am going with a SCT mass air meter and ditching Anderson and having CRT Performance burn me a chip... I am thinking a safe 460 to tires is in order, I can push it but the blocks not gonna take it too long.....

I would for sure add the second pump....

dntgtbit

Reaction score
Im running a 225 in tank pump and an I line t rex 255 pump o. 60 pound injectors. I am only running 6 pounds of boost right now. Hoping to step it up to 15 pounds. Id like to make 500 to the wheels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

kb1982

Reaction score
Ive read a few guys that have swapped in the 465 lph walbro pump by modifying the stock hanger. They few guys that have done it, cut off one leg of the hanger and shortened up the other, and then clamped the pump to the hanger. Should be enough pump for anything you have planned in the future. I think the biggest issue possible with that setup using stock lines, would be controlling the fuel pressure if the stock return line doesnt flow enough. If your fuel pressure drops, that indicates not enough pump or a problem in the fuel setup. Remember, for every pound of boost, you should also be getting an extra lb of fuel pressure, assuming your using a 1 to 1 fpr. With a base of 43.5 and 13 lbs of boost, your pressure should be around 56.5 lbs. The fuel squirt from the injectors needs to overcome the added pressure in the cylinder. If you have enough pump, you can actually rasie your base fuel pressure to make the injectors think they are bigger, but this would require a complete retune. It would lower your injector duty cycle though. Increasing your pump voltage also may gain you some extra fuel flow, but they aren't cheap. I personally believe its money better spent towards upgrading the pump or fuel system itself. This link has some great fuel injector calculations. http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Mod can just delete this thread because there is not going to be much help here .. lol thanks though guys

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Get rid of those piece of shit 42's and just get some 80# deca's... Problem solved. I don't understand why some people have to go through 3 or 4 sets of injectors when you could just buy one set for the life of the car and be done with it...

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Ive read a few guys that have swapped in the 465 lph walbro pump by modifying the stock hanger. They few guys that have done it, cut off one leg of the hanger and shortened up the other, and then clamped the pump to the hanger. Should be enough pump for anything you have planned in the future. I think the biggest issue possible with that setup using stock lines, would be controlling the fuel pressure if the stock return line doesnt flow enough. If your fuel pressure drops, that indicates not enough pump or a problem in the fuel setup. Remember, for every pound of boost, you should also be getting an extra lb of fuel pressure, assuming your using a 1 to 1 fpr. With a base of 43.5 and 13 lbs of boost, your pressure should be around 56.5 lbs. The fuel squirt from the injectors needs to overcome the added pressure in the cylinder. If you have enough pump, you can actually rasie your base fuel pressure to make the injectors think they are bigger, but this would require a complete retune. It would lower your injector duty cycle though. Increasing your pump voltage also may gain you some extra fuel flow, but they aren't cheap. I personally believe its money better spent towards upgrading the pump or fuel system itself. This link has some great fuel injector calculations. http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php

A 465 is too big for stock lines. Wouldn't run anything over a 340. All fuel pressure regulators are 1:1..That's how they work. When you raise the fuel pressure 1 pound per pound of boost, you are actually keeping the fuel pressure at the injector CONSTANT, because there is now 1 pound of manifold pressure pushing back against it... This is why fuel pressure also DROPS under vacuum... Cool huh?