96’ Cobra Project | Vortech Supercharged

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
That’s a good number for it . Similar setup to my cobra can’t wait to get it going .
Good luck with it. I’ve been waiting to get mine on the road since I bought it 2 years ago. This is the final step before I finally get to enjoy.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
What’s up everyone. Quick update. So I finally got my car back from the tuner and I couldn’t be happier. Car made 468 whp / 381 ft. lbs of torque. All in all I am happy with those numbers and fuck is it a shit ton of fun to drive. I’ll attach the dyno sheet below and I’ll try and post a short clip of the final pull later on. Let me know what you guys think.

1A710094-AFC4-4CD8-9F29-761747A73A54.jpeg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice numbers and that graph looks nice and flat Air fuels are right in the safe zone .

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Here’s a pic I took last night, while looking over everything, of the setup:

5A4B8717-A12D-4CA6-91CA-87507256F2D0.jpeg

Need to clean it up a bit but so far I’m loving the bill at it came out. I have an extra Manifold that I may start polishing to match the rest of the set up or get powder coated but for now it’ll stay that way until I have a little more time. Let me know what you guys think.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Here’s a pic I took last night, while looking over everything, of the setup:

View attachment 17152

Need to clean it up a bit but so far I’m loving the bill at it came out. I have an extra Manifold that I may start polishing to match the rest of the set up or get powder coated but for now it’ll stay that way until I have a little more time. Let me know what you guys think.
Looks great under the hood man . Nice , clean and simple . I also plan on polishing or powder coating a bunch of stuff on my cobra . Unfortunately it’s been neglected while my new 95 gets all the love and attention right now

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Looks great under the hood man . Nice , clean and simple . I also plan on polishing or powder coating a bunch of stuff on my cobra . Unfortunately it’s been neglected while my new 95 gets all the love and attention right now
Thanks man. Really appreciate that. That’s always been my style, nice and clean. And yea I have another complete manifold that I may play around with. Either that or I’ll just clean one up real nice and sell the other one. For now I have options is good. Lol. Good luck with yours man. Get back to it.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks man. Really appreciate that. That’s always been my style, nice and clean. And yea I have another complete manifold that I may play around with. Either that or I’ll just clean one up real nice and sell the other one. For now I have options is good. Lol. Good luck with yours man. Get back to it.
I’ve got the original engine complete from my car in my shop .

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yo, Jersey… niiiiice car! I just read them this thread and that is one impressive list of stuff you’ve done to and with this car! You seem to have your goals and direction in tact and I really like how you know when to stop and just enjoy the car. So easy to get caught up in continually adding shit you don’t really need. So again, congrats on what you did and now go enjoy the hell out of it!

…..Fuggetaboutit!!!

on edit: just curious…. did you ever learn more about the Prototype research and possible connection listed earlier?

Last edited:

badass98svt

Reaction score
Good to see you got it all together and tuned. I'm sure you are having a ball.
I run a 67mm turbo and very similar boost levels, and comparing your numbers and mine are interesting.
We both made very similar HP.
Yours made 468, mine made 454.

The big difference though is in the TQ
You're made 381, mine made 515

The season is here, get out there and drive it like you stole it!

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Yo, Jersey… niiiiice car! I just read them this thread and that is one impressive list of stuff you’ve done to and with this car! You seem to have your goals and direction in tact and I really like how you know when to stop and just enjoy the car. So easy to get caught up in continually adding shit you don’t really need. So again, congrats on what you did and now go enjoy the hell out of it!

…..Fuggetaboutit!!!

on edit: just curious…. did you ever learn more about the Prototype research and possible connection listed earlier?
Thank you man. Really appreciate the kind words. Yea I’ve always kept things simple with all my builds. I definitely want to keep this car long term and enjoy it. Those days of going crazy constantly looking for the next thing to do are over for me lol. I’m sure I’ll add a few things here and there but for now she’s just how I want her. A nice quick street car.

As far as the prototype stuff goes, never really found any info on it. I still have all the parts so I’ll keep asking around and maybe someone I come across will know.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Good to see you got it all together and tuned. I'm sure you are having a ball.
I run a 67mm turbo and very similar boost levels, and comparing your numbers and mine are interesting.
We both made very similar HP.
Yours made 468, mine made 454.

The big difference though is in the TQ
You're made 381, mine made 515

The season is here, get out there and drive it like you stole it!

Sheesh! 515 TQ is crazy! Must be a blast to drive on the street. Yea man. The weather here is finally starting to break and get better. I’ll get some good seat time this week for sure.

OP
OP
CallSign_Cobra
Reaction score
Took it for a drive to my favorite brewery and snapped a few pics. Here’s one I edited for fun.

2465108F-75B9-466A-9B63-B48567B6C414.jpeg

Mr horsepower

Reaction score
Very nice job and super clean install. If you have a stock bottom end, I would not push it any further than where you are now, the powdered metal rods are the weak link in the 96-98 Cobra motors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online