97 Rio Red- Paint match mirrors or no?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'd paint em, they'll look awesome. Or just spray em black and clear them, that'll also look good. You have stock wheels? Chrome, black,?? If you got black wheels I'd paint them black, anything else like chrome, gunmetal, silver, I'd paint them body color.

OP
OP

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
its just a stock looking 97 V6. Rio Red (as stated of course) rolling around on 98 gt wheels (with a 1.5 inch rear spacer). And i think what he meant by textured mirrors is if hes got aftermarket or reproduction mirrors like I do, from mixed accidents, they have a very slight dimpled finish. Not sure if the factory sets have that. But it seems the trim paint has received my final vote. Afterall, if it happens to not peak my likeness, ill just change it up. Thanks guys!!

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you could throw multiple coats of primer on to hide the texture then spray them..if you still see the texture after priming then sand them flat..it'll probably take like 5 coats of rattle can primer tho

PikesPeakPony

Reaction score
paint matching them is very tasteful and looks great! Im paint matching mine when Im ready

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Your mirrors are textured?

And yes just scuff the mirrors with a red scuff pad..clean it..spray

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone

its just a stock looking 97 V6. Rio Red (as stated of course) rolling around on 98 gt wheels (with a 1.5 inch rear spacer). And i think what he meant by textured mirrors is if hes got aftermarket or reproduction mirrors like I do, from mixed accidents, they have a very slight dimpled finish. Not sure if the factory sets have that. But it seems the trim paint has received my final vote. Afterall, if it happens to not peak my likeness, ill just change it up. Thanks guys!!

you could throw multiple coats of primer on to hide the texture then spray them..if you still see the texture after priming then sand them flat..it'll probably take like 5 coats of rattle can primer tho

I thought they were all textured from the factory? Besides the 03/04 Cobras?
Its not a deep textured finish but its slightly dimpled. I think it would look funny to just spray over it with that texture?

Yeah I guess I could sand them down but I really don't feel like going thru all that trouble lol. I'm lazy hahaha.

Here is the texture I was referring to:

2yvoqwz.jpg

5litrarag

Reaction score
with that texture I think the choice is clear..... black.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online