9838stang's Money Pit Pony

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
My nitto nt555 zr tires?.... Lol. I only got these for the rear. My fronts are in pretty good shape yet.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
If you got em for the rear why did you get four? Planning on blowing through the first set that quick lol?

Tha trap house.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
If you got em for the rear why did you get four? Planning on blowing through the first set that quick lol?

Tha trap house.

They guy I bought them from wouldn't separate them at all. I tried and tried and tried and he wouldn't budge. So I went and just bought them. When the spring comes. I may post 2 for sale. We will see how the first wear too... Idk yet. But I got them for a very nice price. I bought all 4 new tires for under the price of two new onea online

CompOrangeSN95

Reaction score
Nice build. Great looking car, and congrats on your engagement. I recently pulled the trigger on that too haha.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
So did the 99 pillars give the car a different look?

Congrats on the engagement!

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Well, as most of you know much much of the 2000 gt was swapped into my 98 sn95, there are still a couple of small things that still need to be addressed. When swapping the body harnesses into my car, we came into a couple same issues. When we pulled the sn95 harness out, we put the new edge harness next to the sn95 harness. Everything went to the same locations except, the dome light switch, and where a couple of the wires went. On the sn95 door harness the dome light switch is located at the front of the door. The new edge dome light switch is located in the door latch. So the plug for the new edge's dome light switch wouldn't reach the sn95 switch at all.

One idea was to swap the latches but I figured since the passenger door on the new edge didn't have a key I figured the passenger door latch wouldn't work. So the latches were never swapped over. My buddy who help me swap everything over found a thread a week ago that shows the new edge door latches have the same provisions as the sn95 door latches to utilize the key cylinders.

Went. Back to the junk yard and pulled the door latches out as well as the clock spring since I'm getting the air bag code 34. Assuming the clock spring went bad.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
So did the 99 pillars give the car a different look?

Congrats on the engagement!

Thanks bud we are excited!

And no they didn't, the reason why I went to these, well two reasons. I didn't wanna paint them I just wanted to slap a black pair on. I know painting these two pieces would have only been around $50-$100 for the pair. Just didn't wanna go through that lol and have new shinny parts and the rest of the car still needing paint. The other reason, any and all coupes that came in to the yard, the a pillar moldings had their forward half broken because everyone was looking for the cowl piece and didn't wanna break the cowl.

If I did manage to find a piece that wasn't broken from that, it was smashed up top

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Update.

I took the clock spring out and replaced it with the one i picked up from the yard. plugged everything back in and was still getting the airbag code34.

Damn!

I figured the clock spring had gotten wet while in the yard since the passenger door was hanging off the donor car. So went back to another yard and found 4 other cars. 2 of them still had the windows and doors on them. so no real moisture had gotten on the inside. I picked up 2 more clock springs and found one of the air bags i had laying around from my 2000 gt donor car.

Went home and traced the wires and found no issues with the wiring that i could see. I replaced the clock spring i recently installed, with one i just picked up from the yard. Again still coming up with code 34.

Now 94-98 cars had a difference airbag connector than the 99-04 cars, both passenger and driver. My buddy recently found me a site that shared what another guy had done while swapping his new edge components into his car. One of which was with the airbags and only the passenger side needed to me modifiy with an inline resistor to trick the cars computer to thing there is enough resistance inline. the driver side bag and passenger side bag then needed to have the 99-04 new edge airbag connectors pinned onto the 94-98 bags. ( only needed if you want to keep the 94-98 colors in the car)

So after thinking of all the possibilities, I then focused on the airbag. I plugged the 2000 air bag in... lol well the light stayed off.... ugh

So my tan bag went bad. I then did the unthinkable and took the airbags apart and swapped the airbag brains from the 2000 bag into the 1998 bag. and!!!!

taaaadaaaaaa it works

next... door locks lol to be continued

cheebs127

Reaction score
Update.

I took the clock spring out and replaced it with the one i picked up from the yard. plugged everything back in and was still getting the airbag code34.

Damn!

I figured the clock spring had gotten wet while in the yard since the passenger door was hanging off the donor car. So went back to another yard and found 4 other cars. 2 of them still had the windows and doors on them. so no real moisture had gotten on the inside. I picked up 2 more clock springs and found one of the air bags i had laying around from my 2000 gt donor car.

Went home and traced the wires and found no issues with the wiring that i could see. I replaced the clock spring i recently installed, with one i just picked up from the yard. Again still coming up with code 34.

Now 94-98 cars had a difference airbag connector than the 99-04 cars, both passenger and driver. My buddy recently found me a site that shared what another guy had done while swapping his new edge components into his car. One of which was with the airbags and only the passenger side needed to me modifiy with an inline resistor to trick the cars computer to thing there is enough resistance inline. the driver side bag and passenger side bag then needed to have the 99-04 new edge airbag connectors pinned onto the 94-98 bags. ( only needed if you want to keep the 94-98 colors in the car)

So after thinking of all the possibilities, I then focused on the airbag. I plugged the 2000 air bag in... lol well the light stayed off.... ugh

So my tan bag went bad. I then did the unthinkable and took the airbags apart and swapped the airbag brains from the 2000 bag into the 1998 bag. and!!!!

taaaadaaaaaa it works

next... door locks lol to be continued

Was this only an issue with the passenger air bag? Did the drivers bag plug and play? If so Ill buy a 99+ bag and do what you did. I'm going to run into the same problem with my doors and air bags on my 03 Cobra wiring swap. I want the black bags for the 97 interior. Ill stay tuned because if you've already done it it will save me a lot of time so thank you for that

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Was this only an issue with the passenger air bag? Did the drivers bag plug and play? If so Ill buy a 99+ bag and do what you did. I'm going to run into the same problem with my doors and air bags on my 03 Cobra wiring swap. I want the black bags for the 97 interior. Ill stay tuned because if you've already done it it will save me a lot of time so thank you for that

The passenger air bag, a while back I had to solder a 1ohm 1/2 watt resistor inline. I did it on the airbag so the dash harness wasnt disrupted. I had to swap the 99-04 plug to the 94-98 bag.

The driver side at first we had just swapped the plug into the 94-98 bag. But as the temps went lower and lower. I guess there was a draw that kept having the airbag light come on. Well after replacing the clock spring and that not fixing the problem, I swapped bags. And the light stayed out. So instead of coloring the bag, I popped the white plastic retainer cover off the backside. Then I unbolted the charge canister from the bag and swapped it over to the 94-98 tan bag. Everything is the same just different color bag cover.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
very tiny update. Still havent gotten anywhere on the k member or the long tubes,.... and havent gotten two fr500 rims ordered for the drag radials. but. I did get the door locks to work. and the dome light too. very happy with that.

Also picked this up lastnight from my buddy.

and some dodge dakota fog lights too

Picked the bumper up for 250 painted, its a oem 98 bumper and got fog night brackets and license plate bracket too. then got the fogs lights for 50 bucks. fog lights should be here next monday- tuesday.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I feel bad for you front plate state guys.

Lol right!

I bought the bumper from my buddy he has 3 more bumpers and his car won't be on the road for another couple years. He should have just had the wholes filledwhen he had the whole car repainted. But the body guy didn't hear that lol

He wanted to sell this one so he could buy a couple more motor parts and he'll just repaint one of the other 3 cobra bumpers he has

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
He has 2 98 cobras he is building. He bought both as shells. One from Iowa one from Missouri. And he is building one with built 4.6 4v with either a ported Eaton or a Whipple. And the other 98 is getting a very health 95 cobra motor. He will sell the 98 cobra with a pushrod soon. And both are black. He has another 97 cobra shell.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
-first thoughts, damn tell the dude with the Cobras to post on here some.

-second, I've read parts of this build before, but started over and read the whole thing. It's came a long way, glad to finally see it with a v8. I don't think you'd be disappointed with an X pipe after you put the LT's on but it'll sound good either way.

-third, your car is one of the few I would leave the GT bumper on. Maybe because it's had that bumper on for so long that I'm used to it but it pulls it off pretty nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online