A couple of winter projects.... UPDATED w/ NEW PICS 4/23/09

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
My original plan for this winter was to complete my rear suspension with a panhard torque arm setup. But then I got a call from a friend who has a 2003 Cobra. He wanted to trade rear ends straight up. He brought me a complete IRS setup and his Dynomax catback and BBK X-pipe. He also let me keep my original custom/Bassani exhaust setup and my MM coilovers. So needless to say I got a sweet deal, so a big thanks goes out to Dave. I was going to run the Dynomax system but it is aluminized and won't polish. So I ran into a deal on a Bassani ss catback that will be fully polished before making its way on to the car. Should be a good look.

Now, since I can never leave well enough alone, I opted to get a complete bushing kit from Bruce over on SVTperf. I also bought new MM sport valved Bilsteins for the the new IRS and new 650lb springs for it too. And last but not least, I have a set of 4.30 gears that will find their way in as well.

I sold my 01 Cobra seats to Duh09 (I think thats his name) because the plan was to throw a 6 point MM cage in the car and run harnesses and lighter seats. I picked up the cage in a snow storm around Christmas and I just bought some seats yesterday. I managed to pick up a set of Sparco Monza seats. Should do me pretty good for now. I also have a set of MM full length subbies that need to be installed, but I need to get the car to the shop so that might be another month.

I also picked up a couple of other nic nacs. FR500 steering wheel, Bullitt pedals, Hawk pads, and Russell ss braided brake lines. I ordered some tires in at work; some Bridgestone RE-01R skins will make their way onto the Speedlines as soon as I can get the car to the shop.

I'll post pictures as I get things installed and put together.

dafizuck

Reaction score
Re: A couple of winter projects....

Nice... a lot of nice mods you got goin on. The wheels out back out a little bit will be sick too. Pics = required.

OP
OP
G

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score

This is how she has sat since October.
DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

CruizinKev

Reaction score

Goindeafonmtx said:
This is how she has sat since October.
DSC_0069.jpg
nice!!!! the old thing on the left looks SAWEET!!! guess its around 1936-1944 or so? what is it?

OP
OP
G

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score

Its a '36 Plymouth. Sweet car. :eek:ccasion14:

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I was wondering waht you were doing for seats, guess I know now.

Your car is friggin sweet.

1quk50

Reaction score

omg.. dude i love your car dont get me wron one of my favorites... but i have a soft spot in my heart for yellow sn95 cars.. DETAILS... on your car.. plus the yellow one plz!

mikey94gt

Reaction score

Nice car, nice build. I always did wanna swap an IRS into my car, but never got around to it. I guess I will build a 408, put a roll cage and 5link2 in and go have fun.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

The yellow one is Thorco's car. He's around here somewhere...

OP
OP
G

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score

A little update: seats came the other day.
DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

I'm sad to say that this project has been put on hold. I had a little incident with my daily driver 98 GT. The hood flew up and did all sorts of damage, so I'm taking the opportunity to revamp the car a little. I'll make a new thread on that little project.

OP
OP
G

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score

Here's a pic of the cage thats going in:
DSC_0150.jpg

mikey94gt

Reaction score

Those seats make me drool uncontrollably.

MEstang

Reaction score

nice deal, the yellow car looks familiar...

OP
OP
G

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score

wldtang said:
got an update?
Nothing too much on the Cobra, but the GT is getting somewhere. I bolted the 98 timing cover and valve covers onto the 01 motor tonight. Then took off the top end and gave it a good cleaning. I'm going to take the intake into work tomorrow and tap the intake for the second temp sensor. Then it will go back on and the trans needs mounted up and wired and everything should go back in the car.

As for the Cobra, I'm having the gears installed in the pumpkin on Sunday. Then the rear end can go back together and I can bolt it in the car. Then the exhaust can go on and should be able to fire up, drive it to the shop and throw it on the alignment rack and see if I can get the thing aligned.

Still need to modify some Corbeau seat brackets to fit the Sparcos. The cage needs to be welded together and the diagonal needs welded on. I did order a brand new MGW shifter. I had a used one in there, but thats going in the GT and the Cobra is getting the brand new one. Also threw on a new shift knob. I'll get some pics soon. I worked a good amount on the GT tonight, but got stuck and frustrated and had to walk away. Spring break is next week, so maybe I can get both cars back on the road.

The Cobra has to be done March 29. Thats the first autocross and its actually being held here in town. So I have to be there!

wldtang

Reaction score

Goindeafonmtx said:
wldtang said:
got an update?
Nothing too much on the Cobra, but the GT is getting somewhere. I bolted the 98 timing cover and valve covers onto the 01 motor tonight. Then took off the top end and gave it a good cleaning. I'm going to take the intake into work tomorrow and tap the intake for the second temp sensor. Then it will go back on and the trans needs mounted up and wired and everything should go back in the car.

As for the Cobra, I'm having the gears installed in the pumpkin on Sunday. Then the rear end can go back together and I can bolt it in the car. Then the exhaust can go on and should be able to fire up, drive it to the shop and throw it on the alignment rack and see if I can get the thing aligned.

Still need to modify some Corbeau seat brackets to fit the Sparcos. The cage needs to be welded together and the diagonal needs welded on. I did order a brand new MGW shifter. I had a used one in there, but thats going in the GT and the Cobra is getting the brand new one. Also threw on a new shift knob. I'll get some pics soon. I worked a good amount on the GT tonight, but got stuck and frustrated and had to walk away. Spring break is next week, so maybe I can get both cars back on the road.

The Cobra has to be done March 29. Thats the first autocross and its actually being held here in town. So I have to be there!

Is the autocross down at washington mall?

OP
OP
G

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score

Finally Had the 4.30 gears put in. Brought it home and assembled the IRS. Here are a couple of pics:

All the parts of the IRS:
DSC_02622.jpg

Pics of the fresh Pro 5.0 gears:
DSC_02652.jpg

Coming together:
DSC_02662.jpg

Thats all for now. I didn't get any pics of it fully assembled. It got dark, so I will be working on it tomorrow. More pics to come!

thorco3

Reaction score
Re: A couple of winter projects.... UPDATED 3/09/09

I didn't know the auto-x was going to be in town... Guess I need to get that new camcorder.

Not sure if I'll run it or not. I would hate for my solid axle to whoop up on your new irs... hahaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online