Adding a water temp gauge

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
cleanest look IMO is the fewest gauges possible. Because of this I went with PLX designs multi-gauge display. I have 3 gauges that can all show water/oil temp, AFR, Vac, oil and fuel pressure and up to 32 other sensors if I wanted too.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well why not post some pics instead of telling us all about it?

i'll try and snap pics this week :)

Well my plan is to add it to the crossover tube where u add coolant. I'm still debating how I want it to look inside the car. I know you can buy a dual gauge bezel that looks nice and would accommodate the two gauges I want to install. It looks like it would be the cleanest look. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i, personally, hate the look of wires running to the cross-over. as for a clean look, the "cleanest" on our cars is to get a bezzle that fits under the sterio. after that, the auto-meter gauge cluster dual socket unit from auto-meter....

cleanest look IMO is the fewest gauges possible. Because of this I went with PLX designs multi-gauge display. I have 3 gauges that can all show water/oil temp, AFR, Vac, oil and fuel pressure and up to 32 other sensors if I wanted too.

i agree, but i prefer gauges that show me what's up immediately... not scroll-through thing.

OP
OP
cobraman

cobraman

Reaction score
Yeah I don't want gauges I have to mess with while I'm driving. There are 3 autometer c2 gauges right now. I think I will stick with the same series I really like the blue light makes it look real nice.

OP
OP
cobraman

cobraman

Reaction score
Chris thanks for your opinion on the looks under the hood. Never really thought about that. For now that is how I will do it. If it brothers me then I might move it. Also I think the autometer dual gauge cluster is gonna be the look I am after.

OP
OP
cobraman

cobraman

Reaction score
Are u talking about installing water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, autometer bezel and LEDs? If so I will see what I can do I haven't bought it all but when I do it I will do it all at once. I can document it & put something together

OP
OP
cobraman

cobraman

Reaction score
Well as I'm getting prepared to purchase gauges I checked at the oil filter mount to make sure I could put the oil pressure sender there and I notice that the oil temperature sender is in the hole I was wanting to use. 90 degrees from it looks like the stock oil pressure sender can someone confirm that? Also looking for any ideas what I could do to add oil pressure sender without messing with the stock one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online