After manifold install results <- help me

voidfinger

Reaction score
the only thing i can think if it isn't any of those is if the coolant got down inside the ports on the head and when you crunk it up doused the plugs in coolant... second time i removed mine i foulled out 2 plugs that way... maybe that happend.

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
void - that happened in the first hole on the passenger side, had a friend syphon the coolant out of the port. maybe your right though.. i'm going to see if i can get some new plugs tomorrow. any reccomendations on plugs? should i just get the motorcrafts?

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
dont think it really matters, most will say to go with motorcraft plugs. personally, i say go with Denso Iridiums, but those are $$$

voidfinger

Reaction score
go with stock replacements... they last a pretty long time... my factories lasted till 9XK so go for it.

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
k well i'm just going to get a set of motorcrafts.. any reccomdations for wires? is their a company that makes skinnier boots.

atrainsgt

Reaction score
You want those boots to fit tight so it keeps some crap out of the plug bays, I bought FRPP plug wires.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
yeah, FRPP are good, so are taylor. dont go with MSD wires, their boots are crap. oh, and for the record, my friends car that i helped with the PI manifold swap, the "new" plug wires we were using were the autozone bought ones

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
lol well i just went to autozone.. got 8 764 autolight plugs. a new set of wires. and a 5" monster tach for 40$

god i love hook ups!! changing tomorrow.

Reaction score
im not crazy bout autolites. ive had issues with them before but thats not sayin they wont work for you

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
well their a oem recommended replacement. i don't see why they won't work.. i'm sure they'll work.

Reaction score
naw i dont mean they wont work, i mean i had problems with em foulin. lol. that was on my car though, not yours

voidfinger

Reaction score
well are they copper or single plat or double plat? I got the single plat and i changed them out soon afterward. I have ngk vpower plugs but i think they just shit out on me b/c i was getting like 24 mpg and now i'm getting around 18/19 on easier driving... wonder what it is... it might be the plugs b/c they are all copper and they might been on for 30k i don't know lol.

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
k

well this is what the 2nd from the front plug looked like on the passenger side

plug.jpg

also the last hole on the passenger side had a nice puddle of coolant in it.. i pulled out the plug and ran some paper towels down in it and its drying now. the plugs were soaked..

the dude that had it before me put ngk plugs in it too.

and the fuel return was completely smashed under the egr and one of the runners of the intake.. after i swore i thought i fixed it.... :wall:

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
yeah so i put everything back together, and it fired up for about a second. then the return line exploded and the car died... so i guess i need to make a new fuel line tomorrow. like what size line/type should i try to use..

can i just cut the old hose off and make a new line. or is their a special "ford" way to do it?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you are certain it's the return line, pretty much any 1/8 inch hose will do. Ford uses push-lock connections on the end's/, but the return is low pressure, so no worries.

OP
OP
W

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
yeah i'm pretty sure its that line. i can run my hand behind the plenum and get my fingers soaked.. glad i don't smoke.

guess thats tomorrow's project.

voidfinger

Reaction score
well i guess it was the coolant lol. sorry about the line though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online

No members online now.