aftermarket block

Reaction score
i am considering getting an aftermarket block since my goals will put a stock block on the edges of splitting if not splitting them. what is it a good aftermarket block that can handle 500-600rwhp with out breaking the bank? i do not need a block that is capable of handling 1500+ since it will never see close to it.

thanks for you time Justin

ripper

Reaction score
Stock block will hold 1000hp. Its the rods and crank that will break. Blocks break when somthin lets loose in motor.

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
dont the boss blocks require a lot of machine work....it could be a lot more than the price listed..

Suspect

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Stock block will hold 1000hp. Its the rods and crank that will break. Blocks break when somthin lets loose in motor.
i always hear after 500hp the block is on borrowed time. :dunno:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
Suspect said:
Stevo said:
i always hear after 500hp the block is on borrowed time. :dunno:

ya 1000 hp seems high lol i know a guy who made 603 hp on a stock block bored to a 306 had the motor for about a month got on it a few times and then crack right down the middle

ryclef331

Reaction score
Stevo said:

We're talking 5.0s here. 450 rwhp is pushing it. 500...its not IF it will split the block, its WHEN. PERIOD. The thickness of the webbing on the front, rear, and lifter valley is very thin. The split will start at the crank bore and go UP until you have damn near a perfectly split pair of 4cylinders...

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Stevo said:
:rollinglaugh: i am sorry i wish it did man i really wish it did

does anyone have any personal experience with them?

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:
dont the boss blocks require a lot of machine work....it could be a lot more than the price listed..
Possibly, where did you hear that?

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
well i was talking to my mechanic and hes getting his motor built up and he was explaining all the machining that had to be done on his...its the same thing with R blocks they come rough from the factory and need extensive machining

ripper

Reaction score
OOPS Sorry i didnt know you had a 5.0. Ive heard they do split. And i would think having it bored would only make it worse.

Not to steal a thread but i was told by my tech that the 4.6 will hold 1000hp ryclef is this true or not?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online