American Muscle Car show *NEW ROUTE UPDATE IN OP*

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
hondarocks61 My dad used to drive down to Florida every year (22 hours straight, never stopped at a hotel)with our rented SUV and the family and every other year we would switch up the route we took, one year we went straight there, the next we took a more scenic route etc, I will ask him where we should go to avoid NY. But it's awkward to go around NY and then have to go to Statin Island to meet Joe. Maybe we can take some nice quiet roads or something. But yes that is part of what I'm going to tweak. Should add another 30 minutes to the drive to avoid NY but I'd rather be driving for that extra half hour than be in nasty NY traffic lol.
Where about in MA are you? I could get an idea if it's easier for you to come to me or for us to meet up somewhere before heading down.

TanTop94, Are you down to meet up the night before and/or the morning of the show to roll in together?

DropTopPony, Are you down to meet up the night before and/or the morning of the show to roll in together?

Even if anyone isn't from around myself, honda, or the5.ohh I'd still like to get an idea of how many of us can get together to hanging the night before and more importantly the morning of to roll into the show together. I'm going to update the OP with a list of people who are cruising down there with me the night of and another list of people who are down to meet the morning of. Obviously you're not tied down to your answer if you say you are going to and then something happens and you can't. Shit happens haha. Just want an idea. And the longer this thread is up before the show maybe the more people will see it and the bigger the group of people will be.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I could always meet use there. I'm gonna be cruising up my with 5.0, my bro and his fox, sisters bf, my buddy with his 14' 5.0 - maybe more peeps idk.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Shit I'd love to cruise with you guys. lmao. I could head down early enough to meet with you for whatever time you left. I don't know when you planned on leaving to get to the hotel and what time I'd have to go down. But you're literally on the way so why not meet up right? Originally I thought you where in like the middle of long island for some reason... lol

hondarocks61

Reaction score
hondarocks61 My dad used to drive down to Florida every year (22 hours straight, never stopped at a hotel)with our rented SUV and the family and every other year we would switch up the route we took, one year we went straight there, the next we took a more scenic route etc, I will ask him where we should go to avoid NY. But it's awkward to go around NY and then have to go to Statin Island to meet Joe. Maybe we can take some nice quiet roads or something. But yes that is part of what I'm going to tweak. Should add another 30 minutes to the drive to avoid NY but I'd rather be driving for that extra half hour than be in nasty NY traffic lol.
Where about in MA are you? I could get an idea if it's easier for you to come to me or for us to meet up somewhere before heading down.

TanTop94, Are you down to meet up the night before and/or the morning of the show to roll in together?

DropTopPony, Are you down to meet up the night before and/or the morning of the show to roll in together?

Even if anyone isn't from around myself, honda, or the5.ohh I'd still like to get an idea of how many of us can get together to hanging the night before and more importantly the morning of to roll into the show together. I'm going to update the OP with a list of people who are cruising down there with me the night of and another list of people who are down to meet the morning of. Obviously you're not tied down to your answer if you say you are going to and then something happens and you can't. Shit happens haha. Just want an idea. And the longer this thread is up before the show maybe the more people will see it and the bigger the group of people will be.

We could intersect with him off 202. I'm just saying, the extra drive time is worth not having to risk getting shot/stabbed/killed/robbed (while waiting in traffic) in the FREAKIN' BRONX.

If you ain't from the hood don't drive mustangs through the hood!

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
You want to do up a map so I can see where you're talking about?
And hey I care more about getting keyed or fender bender than getting stabbed....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
We could intersect with him off 202. I'm just saying, the extra drive time is worth not having to risk getting shot/stabbed/killed/robbed (while waiting in traffic) in the FREAKIN' BRONX.

If you ain't from the hood don't drive mustangs through the hood!

New Yorks different. If we were all in mercedes or bimmers, I'd be worried. Loud mustangs will get you by, these things are appreciated by everyone! I drive through the hood by me quite often in my 5.0, i feel safer in that than I would in an expensive high end car lol.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Shit I'd love to cruise with you guys. lmao. I could head down early enough to meet with you for whatever time you left. I don't know when you planned on leaving to get to the hotel and what time I'd have to go down. But you're literally on the way so why not meet up right? Originally I thought you where in like the middle of long island for some reason... lol

Lmao nah Long Islands like 2 hours from me. I'm like 30 mins from NYC. Maybe we could all meet up in Jersey somewhere idk lol. I drove to the AM show this year in my bros fox. Not one other mustang! Was so ****ing boring lol. If you wanna come by my house the morning of thats fine and we could cruise from my house. It took me 2 hours to get to the AM show cause we sat in a parking lot of traffic on the jersey turnpike. Without traffic its like 1.5 hrs to the AM show from my house

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
What time would you be leaving the morning of? I was gonna get a hotel the night of so I didn't have to be beyond exhausted driving home.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
What time would you be leaving the morning of? I was gonna get a hotel the night of so I didn't have to be beyond exhausted driving home.

Not sure. This year I left at like between 10-11 AM. Next year I wanna be on the road by 9. So if you got to my house for 9ish or a little earlier that would be good. Depends on when you want to leave your hotel and come by me lol.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Yea I could maybe stay by you or something. If more people by me want to cruise down I'd just go straight to PA. But if it's just me and Honda right now I'd stay in a hotel near you or I'd just suck it up and leave my house at like 6 or 7 in the morning.
Also depends on when everyone wants to roll in together. Do we want to be there right when the show starts or come in later. Idk.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those of you going, make sure you get there as early as possible and make sure you pre-register if you plan on entering your car. It is seriously thousands of cars and it fills up quick. I usually meet up with 5-10 other mustangs at King of Prussia mall and we cruise over to the show

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those of you going, make sure you get there as early as possible and make sure you pre-register if you plan on entering your car. It is seriously thousands of cars and it fills up quick. I usually meet up with 5-10 other mustangs at King of Prussia mall and we cruise over to the show

Yes this is very important. Pre register early too. When I got to the show this past year around 10:30, everything was filled up already. This is why next year I'm leaving way earlier.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I'm going to be heading to the American Muscle car show in PA this coming year in August. I heard they are moving the location due to it being too packed last year, but I'd imagine it will be in the same area. I figured now would be a good time to start getting a general idea of who would want to meet up and drive in together. It's too early to go and make hotel reservations and all that but I figured now is as good a time as any to start talking about it.

My plan is to drive down there the day before with my friend, and stay in a hotel the night prior. On the way I happen to drive within like 20 miles of the5.ohh so I will be meeting up with him either at his house or he will meet up with me on my route. I live in Enfield CT, so it's about a 250 mile drive, or 5 hours. If anyone that lives in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, or the northern part of Pennsylvania and would like to meet up with myself, my friend, and the5.ohh the night of and also drive into the show together you are more than welcome to do so. I think we are going to head to the show around 7 or 8 in the morning, as the gates open at 10 and people usually start lining up around 7 to get in. I would love to see all of the SN95 members that are going to meet up near the show and all drive in as together as possible (obviously we won't all be able to make it in together). I would also love to be able to drive with many of you in a line of our Mustangs. I will most likely be leaving from the show to go straight home instead of getting a hotel for another night and then heading back.

I'm really excited for this show and can not wait to experience it with all my fellow Mustang enthusiasts.

As of now we have 2 cars that are going to meet up to drive down.
Myself
the5.ohh

And people who can meet up before the show.
Myself
the5.ohh

I'm right in Westchester, NY so count me in to cruise with you and the5.ooh for sure

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I'm right in Westchester, NY so count me in to cruise with you and the5.ooh for sure
Okay, it sounds like I'll probably be staying in a hotel the night before, and we drive down the morning of. Depends on what [MENTION=17244]hondarocks61[/MENTION] wants to do, I could always suck it up and drive the whole way that morning and get to you 2 for whenever you want to head down. I don't mind too much not having to spend money on a hotel lol.

What time would you suggest getting there by? And would you be down to meet us at that mall aswell? We could use that location and have everyone that's going on here meet there.

Theres hotels by me. I say we roll in a little late, like fawkin bosses. Haha
Yes this is very important. Pre register early too. When I got to the show this past year around 10:30, everything was filled up already. This is why next year I'm leaving way earlier.
Any idea on when pre reg starts? And hat time do you think we should show up? I don't mind getting there and having to wait in a god awful line if it means us getting in or not. Not trying to haul 4-5 hours down there just to not be able to put my car in... lmao

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Okay, it sounds like I'll probably be staying in a hotel the night before, and we drive down the morning of. Depends on what hondarocks61 wants to do, I could always suck it up and drive the whole way that morning and get to you 2 for whenever you want to head down. I don't mind too much not having to spend money on a hotel lol.

lol honestly I have no preference. I also have never gone to this usually because I have nobody to ever go with, so me and my 5.0 are ready, im sure shes gonna have more mods by then of course but I cant pass this up.. hotel, or early ass start in the AM, count me in, w.e is easiest for everybody

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
If your coming by my house ryan, we should leave by 8 i think to get there before they open. Pre reg starts i think a month or so before the actual show. [MENTION=18400]1bad9d5[/MENTION] I had nobody to cruise with this year lol. I think we should get there before 10. Just because it fills up sp quick, don't wanna be late and not be able to enter my car in.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
If your coming by my house ryan, we should leave by 8 i think to get there before they open. Pre reg starts i think a month or so before the actual show. 1bad9d5 I had nobody to cruise with this year lol. I think we should get there before 10. Just because it fills up sp quick, don't wanna be late and not be able to enter my car in.

lol what day was it this year?? and how far of a ride is it from us? roughly...

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
lol honestly I have no preference. I also have never gone to this usually because I have nobody to ever go with, so me and my 5.0 are ready, im sure shes gonna have more mods by then of course but I cant pass this up.. hotel, or early ass start in the AM, count me in, w.e is easiest for everybody
I can save you the trouble. You are also on the way just like Joe. Instead of hauling ass straight through the NY area I just have the zig zag a little bit to hit you and then Joe.

Changed the route I'm taking a bit to pass through Westchester, NY. Not terribly out of the way either.

So I'm either going to do this: (Straight through version)
wait on hondarocks61 to get to my house (ETA: 4:30 AM)
leave when he shows heading SW to NY
1 hour 50 minutes to 1bad9d5's house (ETA: 6:30 AM)
leave with him shortly after heading south
1 hour 12 minutes to the5.ohh's house (ETA: 7:45 AM)
leave with him, his bro, sisters boyfriend, and buddy heading to PA
1 hour 41 minutes to the show (using last years location) (ETA: 9:30 AM)

OR
I'm going to do this: (Hotel version)
wait on hondarocks61 to get to my house (ETA: 8PM)
leave when he shows heading SW to NY
1 hour 50 minutes to a hotel near 1bad9d5's house (ETA: 10 PM)
leave to 1bad9d5's house
10 minutes to 1bad9d5's house (ETA: 6:30 AM)
leave with him to the5.ohh's house
1 hour 12 minutes to the5.ohh's house (ETA: 7:45 AM)
leave with him, his bro, sisters boyfriend, and buddy heading to PA
1 hour 41 minutes to the show (using last years location) (9:30 AM)

Just depends on what honda would prefer. I don't care if I save money and leave early or if I get to be lazy but spend the money on the hotel.

I also changed the route a bit to avoid the Bronx. If anyone has a suggestion on editing the route any further let me know. But other than avoiding the NYC area I think it should be fine.
ywoygrf.png

Also incase anyone hasn't seen it..
[video=youtube;YVIVp2rr5eg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVIVp2rr5eg[/video]

Side note: My brain hurts from doing all this math and shit trying to figure out when we'd have to leave certain places to get there on time.
Ideally if I'm not staying at a hotel I'd like to fit in a stop at McDonalds or something.. A dudes got to eat. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online