American Muscle Car show *NEW ROUTE UPDATE IN OP*

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Yea ok sorry for the more than 1 post, and I have no idea how to post the map on here but FivepointSlow I have a route from my house to Elizabeth, NJ where we are meeting the5.ohh and his people at by avoiding the GW bridge and it only takes us 15 minutes out of the way according the google maps. Here is the link:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=502+...=us&ei=rx2aUqeYEOO-sQSz5IGwDQ&ved=0CCkQ8gEwAA

im sure youll know how to post it lol

All that link shows is the address of the gas station.
When you're looking at google maps, above the detailed directions there is a print icon, click that and copy the link in that window.
And I use Windows 7's built in Snipping Tool to just screenshot the map, upload it to imgur, and post it here.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score

This is the map I just made with those directions, this is what it looks like right?
Increased total travel time from my house from 4 hrs 28 mins to 5 hrs 12 mins but it sounds like this is a more car friendly route. So I wouldn't mind the extra time too much.
xAKyvQI.png

1bad9d5

Reaction score
This is the map I just made with those directions, this is what it looks like right?
Increased total travel time from my house from 4 hrs 28 mins to 5 hrs 12 mins but it sounds like this is a more car friendly route. So I wouldn't mind the extra time too much.
xAKyvQI.png

Yes that is the exact route im talking about.. it definitely is more car friendly for those who are worried or have slammed cars.. avoids NYC 100%

mustangcobra

Reaction score
I'm going to be heading to the American Muscle car show in PA this coming year in August. I heard they are moving the location due to it being too packed last year, but I'd imagine it will be in the same area. I figured now would be a good time to start getting a general idea of who would want to meet up and drive in together the morning of.

My plan is to drive down there the morning of with my friend riding shot gun. On the way I happen to drive within like 10 miles of the5.ohh so I will be meeting up with him across the bridge at a gas station. I live in Enfield CT, so it's about a 250 mile drive, or 5 hours to PA. If anyone that lives in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, or the northern part of Pennsylvania and would like to meet up with myself, my friend, and the5.ohh the night of and also drive into the show together you are more than welcome to do so. I think we are going to head to the show for before 10 in the morning. I would love to see all of the SN95 members that are going to meet up near the show and all drive in as together as possible (obviously we won't all be able to make it in together). I would also love to be able to drive with many of you in a line of our Mustangs. I will most likely be leaving the show when it officially ends. So people are also welcome to join me heading home. But some people will want to head out earlier than others and such. So that will more than likely be decided during the show.

I'm really excited for this show and can not wait to experience it with all my fellow Mustang enthusiasts.

9 cars are going to meet up to drive down.
FivepointSlow and his dad
the5.ohh, his brother, his sisters boyfriend, and his friend
hondarocks61
1bad9d5
teal94gt

12 cars meeting at the mall before the show
FivepointSlow and his dad
the5.ohh, his brother, his sisters boyfriend, and his friend
hondarocks61
1bad9d5
TanTop94
teal94gt
DropTopPony
97stanger
jedpony

Route updated 12/1
*Slammed car friendly*
Point A = FivepointSlow's house Point B = 1bad9d5's house Point C = BP gas station Point D = King of Prussia mall
xAKyvQI.png

hondarocks61
and teal94gt drive down separately and meet at my house (Travel time: Unknown ETA: 3:30AM)
Leave my house and head down to 1bad9d5's house (Travel time: 1 hr 50 min ETA: 5:30AM)
Leave his house and head to the BP gas station across from the bridge where the5.ohh and his crew will meet with us (Travel time: 1 hr 56 min ETA: 7:30AM)
Top off tanks, leave station and head to King of Prussia mall (Travel time: 1 hr 26 min ETA: 9:00AM)
Leave mall with every SN95Forums member attending the show and head to new address of show. (Travel time: 20 minutes? ETA: 9:45AM)

Click here for detailed directions

We will more than likely arrive at the mall before 9AM. Depending on how long we have to wait at each stop, but my guess is we will destroy the estimated arrival times and shave around 5-10% of the time off each ETA due to speeding and such.

I will for sure meet up

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
[MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] LOL love the smiley... That one in our set of them?

Also remember. Offer still stands for anyone wanting to come down the night before you can crash at my place and well do some drinking..

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Should be awesome to all meet up at the mall and cruise to the show

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
With the 13 cars that already joined in it'll be a blast. I suspect we can get another 10-20 people to meet up by the time the show comes around...

Also... 9 cars is going to be hard to keep together for 5 hours... I'm thinking we split up into 'groups'. 5 cars in one group 4 in the other, each group would have a leader, everyone in that group would have the leaders cell number, that way if we get cut off at a stop light or something, instead of pulling over 100 times curing the whole trip for people to catch up, 1 group can continue while the other group moves forward...

I will also probably print up detailed instructions for each stop, so I will print up the directions for anyone leaving my house and make enough copies for the people meeting at my house, than I will make directions specifically for 1bad9d5, and then a set for everyone in the5.ohh's group, and then I can print directions from the mall to the show for everyone meeting there (depending on how far the new location is, we could just wing it.)

That way everyone has their own set of directions incase they get seperated, and I save paper because I won't be giving say the5.ohh directions from my house to the show when he only needs from his house down.

Also, I'll be bringing a toolbox with me. This show will probably be the first drive I take that lasts more than an hour... So incase the stang throws a fit I'll be prepared, and I suggest everyone does the same. You never know... I'll be glad to pull over and help anyone in the off chance someone else breaks down. Hopefully this won't happen but better to be safe and prepared then sorry and stranded.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
With the 13 cars that already joined in it'll be a blast. I suspect we can get another 10-20 people to meet up by the time the show comes around...

Also... 9 cars is going to be hard to keep together for 5 hours... I'm thinking we split up into 'groups'. 5 cars in one group 4 in the other, each group would have a leader, everyone in that group would have the leaders cell number, that way if we get cut off at a stop light or something, instead of pulling over 100 times curing the whole trip for people to catch up, 1 group can continue while the other group moves forward...

I will also probably print up detailed instructions for each stop, so I will print up the directions for anyone leaving my house and make enough copies for the people meeting at my house, than I will make directions specifically for 1bad9d5, and then a set for everyone in the5.ohh's group, and then I can print directions from the mall to the show for everyone meeting there (depending on how far the new location is, we could just wing it.)

That way everyone has their own set of directions incase they get seperated, and I save paper because I won't be giving say the5.ohh directions from my house to the show when he only needs from his house down.

Also, I'll be bringing a toolbox with me. This show will probably be the first drive I take that lasts more than an hour... So incase the stang throws a fit I'll be prepared, and I suggest everyone does the same. You never know... I'll be glad to pull over and help anyone in the off chance someone else breaks down. Hopefully this won't happen but better to be safe and prepared then sorry and stranded.

Yeah all I need is the directions to where I'm meetin use and I'm good from there. I found out that my sisters boyfriend and our friend won't be cruising up with me.. They joined some local NY **** mustang club 18+ only and they're all like 45-70 years old.. **** them.. They tell people unless your in their club you're not allowed to follow them to the AM show or any show. So **** them, I'll cruise by myself and maybe my brother will follow me unless he joins them too. Speaking of tools I need to get some jumper cables and maybe some other things for the trunk.

chad5.0

Reaction score
I'll be there but the car might be a trailer queen before then so I might drive the cruze :crybaby2:

hondarocks61

Reaction score

Very good idea... I would like the URL to the final map route so I can have my own copy in a worst case scenario.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I'll always keep the OP updated. Right now there is a link in the OP for the broken down instructions which is exactly what I will be printing off.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I hope I can go to this show...after June 30 I will be trying to get hired by Police Departments so I can only imagine lol.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I hope I can go to this show...after June 30 I will be trying to get hired by Police Departments so I can only imagine lol.

If you don't have luck we are always hiring Police (Amtrak) in Washington Union Station. I see the job posted several times a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online