American Muscle Car show *NEW ROUTE UPDATE IN OP*

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I can save you the trouble. You are also on the way just like Joe. Instead of hauling ass straight through the NY area I just have the zig zag a little bit to hit you and then Joe.

Changed the route I'm taking a bit to pass through Westchester, NY. Not terribly out of the way either.

So I'm either going to do this: (Straight through version)
wait on hondarocks61 to get to my house (ETA: 4:30 AM)
leave when he shows heading SW to NY
1 hour 50 minutes to 1bad9d5's house (ETA: 6:30 AM)
leave with him shortly after heading south
1 hour 12 minutes to the5.ohh's house (ETA: 7:45 AM)
leave with him, his bro, sisters boyfriend, and buddy heading to PA
1 hour 41 minutes to the show (using last years location) (ETA: 9:30 AM)

OR
I'm going to do this: (Hotel version)
wait on hondarocks61 to get to my house (ETA: 8PM)
leave when he shows heading SW to NY
1 hour 50 minutes to a hotel near 1bad9d5's house (ETA: 10 PM)
leave to 1bad9d5's house
10 minutes to 1bad9d5's house (ETA: 6:30 AM)
leave with him to the5.ohh's house
1 hour 12 minutes to the5.ohh's house (ETA: 7:45 AM)
leave with him, his bro, sisters boyfriend, and buddy heading to PA
1 hour 41 minutes to the show (using last years location) (9:30 AM)

Just depends on what honda would prefer. I don't care if I save money and leave early or if I get to be lazy but spend the money on the hotel.

I also changed the route a bit to avoid the Bronx. If anyone has a suggestion on editing the route any further let me know. But other than avoiding the NYC area I think it should be fine.
ywoygrf.png

Also incase anyone hasn't seen it..
[video=youtube;YVIVp2rr5eg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVIVp2rr5eg[/video]

Side note: My brain hurts from doing all this math and shit trying to figure out when we'd have to leave certain places to get there on time.
Ideally if I'm not staying at a hotel I'd like to fit in a stop at McDonalds or something.. A dudes got to eat. lol

Sweet man I never saw that video so that was pretty awesome to watch..
That map looks pretty on point as to the best way to get there, I have no complaints. I know for a fact im going to leave my house ready to get gas in jersey cause its just so much cheaper than by me...
So yea this really does work out, should be an amazing cruise down and everything.. My car probably wont look so great but im more worried about under the hood lol...

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I will keep you clowns posted if i ever hear anything in like 6 months..

Otherwise, I am there by 8am or so. But its different for me lol

Depends when exactly it opens and when we all want to get there to line up.

Meeting at that mall sounds like a really good idea, just need to have everyone on the same page as far as times go. I'm sure those who want to be early and those who want to roll in late can give a little and we can come up with a meeting time at that mall by the show and we'll drive in from there.

We have this winter, spring, and all of summer to figure all this out, which is why It's good to start discussing it now :)

HOPEFULLY we have good weather for the cruise down and the show itself :)

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
American Muscle Car show

Yea I know. But some people may want to be early birds. Haha

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edit
Talked to my dad. He's game to head down too. Added him to the list

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah, the mall usually ends up working out perfectly. I want to say we usually met up around 8am, and than departed the mall around 8:30am, got there a little after 9am. There are huge lots at that mall and one year I would say we had a solid 20 guys from forums to cruise to the show, it was pretty fun. Also, who you pull into the show with is who you get to park next to

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Oh so when I see all the similar cars next to eachother it's because they met up and cruised in together? That makes sense...
I'd totally be down to get to the mall at 8.. That would change my times alot. And depends on if [MENTION=17244]hondarocks61[/MENTION], [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] and his crew, [MENTION=18400]1bad9d5[/MENTION], [MENTION=16648]TanTop94[/MENTION], and anyone else would be okay with these times...
Leave my house (Enfield, CT) at 3:30AM w/ Hondarocks61
Arrive at 1bad9d5's house (West Harrison, NY) at 5:10 AM
Arrive at the5.ohh's house (Staten Island, NY) at 6:20 AM
Stop in Jersey somewhere for cheap as F*ck gas
Arrive at King of Prussia mall at 8:00 AM
Arrive at show at 9:00 AM

But if I left at 4.. which I would much rather do...
Leave my house at 4:00 AM w/ hondarocks61
Arrive at 1bad9d5's house at 5:40 AM
Arrive at the5.ohh's house at 6:50 AM
Arrive at King of Prussia mall at 8:30 AM
Arrive at show at 9:30 AM

So if you don't mind getting to the show for 9 instead of 8:30 that would definitely work for me. That would involve Joe and his crew to leave 2 hours earlier than his intended 9... But if I am willing to leave my house at 4 in the morning he should be able to suck it up a little bit.. :)

I'm not sure when everyone wants to leave the show, and if we want to drive together after it. I'd be down for that too. I kind of want to stay the entire length of the show. But it would be nice to get an idea of who wants to leave when, and if we're all gonna solo the ride back or leave together.

Also,
how do you directly post a pic of the map?
Just saw this... I used the snipping tool in Windows 7 to take a screenshot of the map in Google Maps. It's really easy to do it in Google Maps, input every destination in the order you want to go to it, and you can drag the path around to avoid certain areas and it adjusts and plans out the fastest route in the area you dragged it to.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Oh so when I see all the similar cars next to eachother it's because they met up and cruised in together? That makes sense...
I'd totally be down to get to the mall at 8.. That would change my times alot. And depends on if [MENTION=17244]hondarocks61[/MENTION], [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] and his crew, [MENTION=18400]1bad9d5[/MENTION], [MENTION=16648]TanTop94[/MENTION], and anyone else would be okay with these times...
Leave my house (Enfield, CT) at 3:30AM w/ Hondarocks61
Arrive at 1bad9d5's house (West Harrison, NY) at 5:10 AM
Arrive at the5.ohh's house (Staten Island, NY) at 6:20 AM
Arrive at King of Prussia mall at 8:00 AM
Arrive at show at 9:00 AM

But if I left at 4.. which I would much rather do...
Leave my house at 4:00 AM w/ hondarocks61
Arrive at 1bad9d5's house at 5:40 AM
Arrive at the5.ohh's house at 6:50 AM
Arrive at King of Prussia mall at 8:30 AM
Arrive at show at 9:30 AM

So if you don't mind getting to the show for 9 instead of 8:30 that would definitely work for me. That would involve Joe and his crew to leave 2 hours earlier than his intended 9... But if I am willing to leave my house at 4 in the morning he should be able to suck it up a little bit.. :)

I'm not sure when everyone wants to leave the show, and if we want to drive together after it. I'd be down for that too. I kind of want to stay the entire length of the show. But it would be nice to get an idea of who wants to leave when, and if we're all gonna solo the ride back or leave together.

To be honest, I'm down for whatever, if I have to be ready at 530 I'll just buy a pack of redbull and be down lol whatever works for everybody, cruising in with everybody will be cool and if we all get to park together at the show that would be even better as suppose to parking in random spots... Doesn't matter to me when we leave, if its insane I'm down to stay however long we stay, cruising back home with everybody would be cool to but depends on how everybody feels of course... Just let me know lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

teal95gt

Reaction score
im down to meet up with u guys, I will drive the srt8 magnum down there lmfao.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Yea point B on my route is [MENTION=18400]1bad9d5[/MENTION]'s house, and point C is [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION]'s house. And it is there exact address' I used too. So all of the times I have posted before are pretty much exact given we follow the speed limits (which, lets face it, we won't.)

I am up for any suggestions for the route, as long as it doesn't push the travel time for myself much past 5 hours. Because at that point everyone, and mostly myself and everyone above me in mass, is wasting alot of gas.

My car will be slammed by the time the show comes, but if the roads are going to be that bad I can always raise the coil overs up a little bit to give myself more clearance.

EDIT
Also I will give my dad the exact route I have down so far, I just showed him the zoomed out version, he travels ALOT, frequently to my Aunts house in Lambertville NJ, and like I mentioned before we drove down to Florida every year for like 10+ years, so he knows his was around the east coast, he can tell me if there's any super congested areas we need to avoid and roads and bridges that we should also avoid if we're traveling with lowered cars.

There will most likely be a last minute route change that I will make, probably in late July, based off of construction. I'll try my best to avoid and roads that are under construction.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yea point B on my route is 1bad9d5's house, and point C is the5.ohh's house. And it is there exact address' I used too. So all of the times I have posted before are pretty much exact given we follow the speed limits (which, lets face it, we won't.)

I am up for any suggestions for the route, as long as it doesn't push the travel time for myself much past 5 hours. Because at that point everyone, and mostly myself and everyone above me in mass, is wasting alot of gas.

My car will be slammed by the time the show comes, but if the roads are going to be that bad I can always raise the coil overs up a little bit to give myself more clearance.

EDIT
Also I will give my dad the exact route I have down so far, I just showed him the zoomed out version, he travels ALOT, frequently to my Aunts house in Lambertville NJ, and like I mentioned before we drove down to Florida every year for like 10+ years, so he knows his was around the east coast, he can tell me if there's any super congested areas we need to avoid and roads and bridges that we should also avoid if we're traveling with lowered cars.

There will most likely be a last minute route change that I will make, probably in late July, based off of construction. I'll try my best to avoid and roads that are under construction.

Well yea if your car is going to be like REALLY slammed than we need to avoid the GW bridge cause the road leading up to it are literally a shit hole, my car doesn't have an issue and its lowered but it isn't slammed at all. Of course im sure things will obviously change over the next 8 months and I might see if my dad wants to bring his Shelby but idk cause he isn't a fan of me opening up the turbo (as a father of course I can understand) but yea idc how we get there I just wanna see at least 2 nice straight aways so I can down shift and spool lmao if he doesn't show I can always ask him as well for his opinion on it, he lives in NJ and knows NY like the back of his hand, but we can always discuss the different ways when the times come.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
I apologize for not getting back sooner, this thread blew up pretty fast. I personally prefer the one day grind over the hotel. It will suck, but it will also be cool watching the sun rise while we cruise.

On a second note, I do like going around Manhattan if possible, I already voiced my opinion on this, but obviously if we have to meet up with others on the other side of New York, we have no choice but to meet OUTSIDE Staten Island, which would be the most sensible, But I REALLY like Steve-Oh's route.

Also, my car will be low, lets avoid bad roads, they suck for everyone, slammed or not.

Meeting at the mall = good idea.

Hopefully we can figure something out that will work for everyone.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Let me throw together another route really quick and I will see where we can meet [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] and his crew, my dad did mention having them go across the bridge to meet us instead of us having to go through there.

And oh jesus thank god you're down for the grind haul, [MENTION=17244]hondarocks61[/MENTION], this was pretty much hinging on you because I did not want to be like 'oh you want to stay at a hotel? Well that sucks you're on your own' but I also didn't want to pressure you, haha. So lots of energy drinks and an early morning it is.

Also, if anyone has camera equipment, I will be getting some shitty photage with my iPhone mounted on the dash of some of the cruise, but I'd love if someone had a gopro to mount up while we go through some backroads and what not and get that up on the youtubes.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yea meeting at a location wont bother me if going house to house is too much, and yea avoiding the roads before GW would be awesome but we will have to do some research on the best way from NY near staten island to the show, of course once we find out exactly where the show is, that will make everything easier to look up exact routes

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
ROUTE UPDATE 11/30

There will be no staying in a hotel over night. We are men. Men with energy drinks.

hondarocks61 and teal94gt drive down separately to my house (Travel time: Unknown ETA: 4:30AM)
Leave my house and head down to 1bad9d5's house (Travel time: 1 hr 50 min ETA: 6:20AM)
Leave his house and head to the BP gas station across from the bridge where the5.ohh and his crew will meet with us (Travel time: 1 hr 3 min ETA: 7:30AM)
Top off tanks, leave station and head to Kind of Prussia mall (Travel time: 1 hr 26 min ETA: 9:00AM)
Leave mall with every SN95Forums member attending the show and head to new address of show. (Travel time: 20 minutes? ETA: 9:45AM)

Detailed route: (I encourage any road changes as I have no idea the condition of any of these roads past Hartford.)
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&so...=m&z=8&layer=c&ei=whaaUpHXKKGExgGDiYC4Bg&pw=2

Maps:
Waiting on Honda to PM me his address. But this is the route from my house down.
nF8koSQ.png

And the route the5.ohh will take to the station
T4WDamv.png

And 1bad9d5, going to your house isn't a problem at all. Unless you would rather us meet somewhere instead of your house, going to your house adds maybe 5 minutes to the route, but the5.ohh's house adds like 20 due to the bridge situation so in that case it is obviously easier to meet at the gas station and fill up instead of wasting time going over the bridge. But it is up to you.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You talking about the BP Gas Station on richmond ave and victory blvd on SI? I fill up there all the time, the bridge is legit 10 minutes from there

1bad9d5

Reaction score
ROUTE UPDATE 11/30

There will be no staying in a hotel over night. We are men. Men with energy drinks.

hondarocks61 and teal94gt drive down separately to my house (Travel time: Unknown ETA: 4:30AM)
Leave my house and head down to 1bad9d5's house (Travel time: 1 hr 50 min ETA: 6:20AM)
Leave his house and head to the BP gas station across from the bridge where the5.ohh and his crew will meet with us (Travel time: 1 hr 3 min ETA: 7:30AM)
Top off tanks, leave station and head to Kind of Prussia mall (Travel time: 1 hr 26 min ETA: 9:00AM)
Leave mall with every SN95Forums member attending the show and head to new address of show. (Travel time: 20 minutes? ETA: 9:45AM)

Detailed route: (I encourage any road changes as I have no idea the condition of any of these roads past Hartford.)
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&so...=m&z=8&layer=c&ei=whaaUpHXKKGExgGDiYC4Bg&pw=2

Maps:
Waiting on Honda to PM me his address. But this is the route from my house down.
nF8koSQ.png

And the route the5.ohh will take to the station
T4WDamv.png

And 1bad9d5, going to your house isn't a problem at all. Unless you would rather us meet somewhere instead of your house, going to your house adds maybe 5 minutes to the route, but the5.ohh's house adds like 20 due to the bridge situation so in that case it is obviously easier to meet at the gas station and fill up instead of wasting time going over the bridge. But it is up to you.

Ok [MENTION=18995]FivepointSlow[/MENTION] so were meeting [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] technically in NJ than? which means you, me, Honda, and teal will have to deal with the bridge, im going to do some searching right now, but I might be able to find a way to avoid 95 until we at least meet up with 5.ohh... cause 95 until NJ is a shit hole.. im thinking we take maybe the tappen zee bridge in Rockland county and get into jersey that way, roads are better but im going to find a way to map it in a second

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
[MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] yes, that one.

[MENTION=18400]1bad9d5[/MENTION] I take the bridge all the time when I head down to my Aunts in Lambertville, NJ. It is a very nice bridge and the roads leading up to it aren't bad but I don't know where it is, everytime I drove down there myself I had my dad in the passenger seat telling me where to go. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online