american muscle horrible customer service

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I guess nobody is perfect or no company is.. but yea dam waiting a year is pretty insane as well... sorry to hear about the misfortune.. I usually love buying from AM

AMChrisRose

Reaction score
i ordered 18 inch black chrome saleen wheels for my 98 gt. two days after i ordered them they sent me an email saying the wheels were on back order. about a month later the 18x10s were in stock so they sent me those. when i opened the box one wheel was damaged so i had to send it back. i received the new one about a month later. after lots of calling and checking on the status of the 18x9s they kept telling me every time they are for sure coming in next month. randomly after 7 months of waiting i get one 18x9 so now i have 3 wheels it has now been a year of waiting still haven't got my complete set. i just sent them back because that is ridiculous to wait that long for wheels. i was tired of them lying to me everytime i called i recently spent 5 grand on bolt on this past summer i wish i went elsewhere with my business. i found them cheaper and in stock on cjponyparts.

blk98gtvert,

I'm truly sorry to hear you had such a long standing wait and issue with your wheels purchase! If it were me, I'd give up after the first month or two (two if it was winter!).

Honestly, I don't think anyone was giving you the run-around intentionally. These exact wheels have been expected for months from the manufacturer, as they were ordered all the way back in September. Unfortunately, sometimes we actually get the run-around by a manufacturer. They'll promise a particular ETA, and then keep tweaking the ETA every month. The good news is if and when this happens, we deal with the manufacturers very swiftly. If they can't get their act together, we'll move on ASAP. As we don't this situation to happen to any of our customers!

I see you've already setup a full return for the wheels, which is no problem at all. Were you able to purchase the wheels elsewhere already? Regardless, I do terrible about what has happened in your previous experience. I'd love to turn this around and clear the air between us. If there's anything else you're interested in, please let me know. I'd be more than willing to work out a killer deal for you!

Shane (Posting under Chris' user name)

Their customer service via email is non existent... Everytime I email them I never get an email back. Always have to call.

FivepointSlow,

You shouldn't have any issues getting a response from our Email Support Team. I'm sorry if you have, but I'd like to look deeper into this and find out what's going on. Not responding to customer Emails is unacceptable, period!

Please send me your email address via PM. I'll see what I can dig up on my end and get back to you!

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
FivepointSlow,

You shouldn't have any issues getting a response from our Email Support Team. I'm sorry if you have, but I'd like to look deeper into this and find out what's going on. Not responding to customer Emails is unacceptable, period!

Please send me your email address via PM. I'll see what I can dig up on my end and get back to you!

I'll PM you now.. I have a set of lug nuts I need to get exchanged but I've put it off due to never getting emails back on my previous return.. Lol

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Mikestang95

Reaction score
I had nothing but a great experience with them. Responded to my email the next day (I sent mine after normal hours) then just like the other couple of people here I got the email for the banner promo and I emailed again and they shipped it to me the next day.

I know sometimes shit happens and we get a bad experience buying something at one time or another, but overall I think they were top notch that time.

Your wheel situation sucks though I would have been furious for sure. Might have even flown to the headquarters just to say something in person haha. Hope it all works out for ya in the end though!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=13691]AMChrisRose[/MENTION] I had a few issues with you guys in the past, but honestly.. You are the only, and i mean only, company that reaches out and does the right thing by its customers.. So for that I give you guys props and you'll always have my business!

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
[MENTION=13691]AMChrisRose[/MENTION] I PMd you and haven't heard back...
It's like the emails all over again lol

AMChrisRose

Reaction score
I'll PM you now.. I have a set of lug nuts I need to get exchanged but I've put it off due to never getting emails back on my previous return.. Lol

AMChrisRose I PMd you and haven't heard back...
It's like the emails all over again lol

Don't worry, I didn't forget about you!

I'm sorry to hear about the hand full of issues you had. I'd like to clear all of it up, including the valve covers and lug nuts. Could you send me your Last name and shipping address as well? I'll have one of my guys in contact with you shortly to get you squared away!

Shane

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Don't worry, I didn't forget about you!

I'm sorry to hear about the hand full of issues you had. I'd like to clear all of it up, including the valve covers and lug nuts. Could you send me your Last name and shipping address as well? I'll have one of my guys in contact with you shortly to get you squared away!

Shane

PMd that info to you just now. Thanks

AMChrisRose

Reaction score
FivepointSlow,

Replied to your PM. I just have a few questions that will would move this process along for ya. If you could get back to me as quickly as you did before, that would be fantastic!

Shane

blk98gtvert,

Hope all is well. I haven't heard from you at all unfortunately. If there's anything I can assist you with, please let me know!

Shane

rkramer19

Reaction score
I've Had good luck. wish i would have known about the banner. just spent about $600 there a couple months ago

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
[MENTION=13691]AMChrisRose[/MENTION]
Haven't heard back after I replied to your question of my purchases... ):

Kboss87

Reaction score
I've had issues with email as well. Phone service is hit or miss depending on who you get, but typically good.

AMChrisRose

Reaction score
FivepointSlow,

I just sent you a PM with some more info and my direct email. Get back to me when ever you have a chance, so we can get you taken care of. Sorry about the delay, using my direct email will be much easier to stay on top of this, since I'm not usually on this forum.

Sorry again for the delay!

Shane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online