Another motor swap is underway

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
He he could also grab the 2011+ F150 5.0 and toss a boss manifold on there and be into it even cheaper.

Granted the Cams, intake and the tunning are different. The compression is down to 10.5:1 and the truck has a diffrent oil cooler setup. I don't think it has the piston coolers either.

Even still with a Full exhaust intake and tune it can be pretty stout little motor.

My exact idea as well you must be friends with jon on fagbook?

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
You guys have a completely different mind set towards putting money into your Mustang than I do. I'M NOT AFTER HORSEPOWER, I am trying to make something worth showing off. I could care less what it will trap down a 1/4 AND I COULD CARE LESS IF IT MAKES MORE THAN 305hp.
All I want is a good looking 98 with a nice DOHC under the hood with enough power to get out of its own way.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Oh perfect! 4v it is!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
not sure if all the hate is towards jones or the 4v swap. I love my 4v and it is definitely a show piece and produces more power and has a stronger block. I would do another 4v in a heart beat, buy a wreaked cobra pull parts needed and part the rest and make most your money back. It can be a really cheap swap when done right

WAIT There's a difference? You can't use cheap and motor swap in the same sentence anyway. It's kind of like finding free pussy or honest politicians... Ain't happening..

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's kind of like finding free pussy

That depends on who you ask, and where you look...

smileyvault-stirthepot.gif

RichV

Reaction score
You guys have a completely different mind set towards putting money into your Mustang than I do. I'm not after horsepower, I am trying to make something worth showing off. I could care less what it will trap down a 1/4 and I could care less if it makes any more than 305hp.
All I want is a good looking 98 with a nice DOHC under the hood with enough power to get out of its own way.

Then do something awesome, not something the SN's already have. Put in a ****in SVO 2.3 or some shit. No-one has that!!

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You guys have a completely different mind set towards putting money into your Mustang than I do. I'm not after horsepower, I am trying to make something worth showing off. I could care less what it will trap down a 1/4 and I could care less if it makes any more than 305hp.

Should of got a cobra then. . Would have been cheaper. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Oh

heck no

I guess suggesting a slightly cheaper alternative pissed in smoked ya 's Cheerios

LOL far from that broski! Gonna have to do better then that. Jon Wise. You damn near quoted his newest build to a T

Win

Legend
Reaction score
LOL far from that broski! Gonna have to do better then that. Jon Wise. You damn near quoted his newest build to a T

Seriously? I've talked about the swap for my car before. That was 8 or so months ago. I'd never even seen anyone mention it before. Maybe we now know where he got his idea. I've also thought about taking the Navi motor and doing the same thing.

He won't do it.

He'll spend 5000 bucks on all this and then go trade the car in at the dealership for the new HHR that's gonna come out or something.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Seriously? I've talked about the swap for my car before. That was 8 or so months ago. I'd never even seen anyone mention it before. Maybe we now know where he got his idea. I've also thought about taking the Navi motor and doing the same thing.

He won't do it.

He'll spend 5000 bucks on all this and then go trade the car in at the dealership for the new HHR that's gonna come out or something.

Yours was is and always will be a thought. He is WELL underway of doing so.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yours was is and always will be a thought. He is WELL underway of doing so.

Yeah im not going to be paying for all the wiring and exhaust and everything else needed to make it work. That's why it's called a thought.

Handz

Reaction score
This will probably turn into one of that motor swaps that takes 11 months to finish and the car is just down and then it gets sold for parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online