Anybody thinking about Corbeau Seats?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Street Mod is pretty serious stuff. The reason why I don't really like autoX, is because unless you are really careful with your mods, and you have a capable car, you don't get that much seat time. That's why I stick to road racing. I covered this already, I believe. Speed Trial is hosting events in February. You should come. I'll be there.

MadStang

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Street Mod is pretty serious stuff. The reason why I don't really like autoX, is because unless you are really careful with your mods, and you have a capable car, you don't get that much seat time. That's why I stick to road racing. I covered this already, I believe. Speed Trial is hosting events in February. You should come. I'll be there.

Definitely. Kind of sad my Brembo Cobra R's upgraded me into the new class, I was competitive in Street Touring haha. During high school I used to go every weekend and had plenty of seat time, I learned a lot from the course pro's especially being that I was 16 years old starting out. It helped out big time. I would LOVE to road race if San Diego actually had a track to road race on. Like I said earlier, I have 4.10 gears and it's not feasible for me to drive anywhere farther than 30 miles because I'll be sucking up gas like mad. Sadly the closest track is California Speedway and that's a whole two to two and half hours away...

If I had more time to actually prepare my car and just focus on racing I would do so. NASA and SCCA have plenty of options for me to road race my six, I just don't have the time nor the money to spend being that I'm only 18.

Reaction score
I'm kinda partial to my stock seats....so I just designed some new leather and had it made, and then put it on. I love it....it still looks stock, but like a special edition or something.

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
Johnnybravo382 said:
I'm kinda partial to my stock seats....so I just designed some new leather and had it made, and then put it on. I love it....it still looks stock, but like a special edition or something.

You tan the hide yourself too? lol Pics?

Reaction score
probably would have been an easier process than the installation was, lol
magazinepics008.jpg

ram360

Reaction score
MadStang said:
ram360 said:
MadStang said:
ReplicaR said:
I was thinking about get Corbeaus. I almost pulled a trigger until I got lucky and found a set of Torino II for 670 with brackets. I got lucky. Not all of us have money to shell out 1500 dollars for a pair of cheaper recliner Sparco seats. Corbeau builds nice stuff in all honesty. If I would not have gotten lucky on Sparco stuff, I'd get Corbeau. Another good alternative, which is even better than Corbeau in my opinion, is to find a set of 03-04 Cobra seats. They are very supportive, and have all the comforts of the stock seat. You also get to keep the power adjustment, which is sweet.

Handz, just because you have one fixed back street seat, does not mean that you got a right to bag on other products with out justification. Your seat is technically useless, because non recliner is race car stuff, and you have Fighter, which is not even FIA legal. This really makes your seat nothing more than a poser seat. In that respect my track use only Sprint V is better than your seat.

I'll gladly stick with my fixed back Corbeau Forza. Gets the job done and done well for auto-x :D
any pics?

I'll get you some this weekend of the seats. I haven't given my car a proper photoshoot in awhile anyway. I think it's about time haha.

sounds good

MadStang

Reaction score
ram360 said:
MadStang said:
ram360 said:
MadStang said:
ReplicaR said:
I was thinking about get Corbeaus. I almost pulled a trigger until I got lucky and found a set of Torino II for 670 with brackets. I got lucky. Not all of us have money to shell out 1500 dollars for a pair of cheaper recliner Sparco seats. Corbeau builds nice stuff in all honesty. If I would not have gotten lucky on Sparco stuff, I'd get Corbeau. Another good alternative, which is even better than Corbeau in my opinion, is to find a set of 03-04 Cobra seats. They are very supportive, and have all the comforts of the stock seat. You also get to keep the power adjustment, which is sweet.

Handz, just because you have one fixed back street seat, does not mean that you got a right to bag on other products with out justification. Your seat is technically useless, because non recliner is race car stuff, and you have Fighter, which is not even FIA legal. This really makes your seat nothing more than a poser seat. In that respect my track use only Sprint V is better than your seat.

I'll gladly stick with my fixed back Corbeau Forza. Gets the job done and done well for auto-x :D
any pics?

I'll get you some this weekend of the seats. I haven't given my car a proper photoshoot in awhile anyway. I think it's about time haha.

sounds good

are you thinking about getting forza's or what?

If you're tall like I am, they're probably the best mod you can do on the interior. And as far as comfort I'd give them an 8/10, I've fallen asleep in them for 2 hours between classes haha, they may be fixed back but they are sooo comfortable.

The only thing that I dislike about them is color is fading big time. I'm going to have to re-dye the seats soon...

ram360

Reaction score
MadStang said:
ram360 said:
MadStang said:
ram360 said:
MadStang said:
ReplicaR said:

any pics?

sounds good

are you thinking about getting forza's or what?

If you're tall like I am, they're probably the best mod you can do on the interior. And as far as comfort I'd give them an 8/10, I've fallen asleep in them for 2 hours between classes haha, they may be fixed back but they are sooo comfortable.

The only thing that I dislike about them is color is fading big time. I'm going to have to re-dye the seats soon...

yea, I have been considering them. I'm 6'3. Thats good informaton to know. I always wondered how a fixed back was comfort wise.

ram360

Reaction score
I think I just bought some Corbeau LG1 Microsuede. They look super comfortable! I converted my interior to all black, rear seat delete installed. Grey/Black microsuede. I think the two tone seats will pop w/ the all black interior and give it some interest. It's not a lot of grey either. thoughts?

Basically similart to this:

HPIM0030.jpg

but w/ these seats

141248-L.jpg

novi281gt

Reaction score
I got me my 3Aracing seats .. Love them they are vinal and feal real good , easy too clean and just stand out so much cause of the color of my car !!! they are black and red and go with the car .. got them for 200 dollars for both here local !! woot woot!!!
carpic32-1.jpg

ram360

Reaction score
novi281gt said:
I got me my 3Aracing seats .. Love them they are vinal and feal real good , easy too clean and just stand out so much cause of the color of my car !!! they are black and red and go with the car .. got them for 200 dollars for both here local !! woot woot!!!

matches your paint perfectly

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
novi281gt said:

Same brand I have. I got them for uber cheap too! Great seats for the money!

novi281gt

Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
novi281gt said:

post pics!

Same brand I have. I got them for uber cheap too! Great seats for the money!

Reaction score
5.Woahhh said:
Johnnybravo382 said:
probably would have been an easier process than the installation was, lol
magazinepics008.jpg

They look real good.

Thank you....It took me about 12 hours to upholster them. Then again, I had never done it before, lol

novi281gt

Reaction score
how did u do it? I have another racing seat sitting in the shop that I need to upholster it and sale it or let my friend use it

Reaction score
putting the new leather on wasn't the problem. It peels right on. But our stock leather is glued on the foam. So the problem was getting the old skins off without tearing the foam too much. I don't know if aftermarket racing seats are like that or not. I just got the hogrings out of the stock leather that holds the bottom of the leather and then did my best to peel it off.

Reaction score
you could probably still re-upholster it, but like I said...I dunno how the racing seats are put together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
96gt3vswap

Members online