Anybody thinking about Corbeau Seats?

dafizuck

Reaction score
I too am not lookin for corbeaus... but nice finds. Will help someone I'm sure.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I was thinking about get Corbeaus. I almost pulled a trigger until I got lucky and found a set of Torino II for 670 with brackets. I got lucky. Not all of us have money to shell out 1500 dollars for a pair of cheaper recliner Sparco seats. Corbeau builds nice stuff in all honesty. If I would not have gotten lucky on Sparco stuff, I'd get Corbeau. Another good alternative, which is even better than Corbeau in my opinion, is to find a set of 03-04 Cobra seats. They are very supportive, and have all the comforts of the stock seat. You also get to keep the power adjustment, which is sweet.

Handz, just because you have one fixed back street seat, does not mean that you got a right to bag on other products with out justification. Your seat is technically useless, because non recliner is race car stuff, and you have Fighter, which is not even FIA legal. This really makes your seat nothing more than a poser seat. In that respect my track use only Sprint V is better than your seat.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Handz, Your seat is technically useless, because non recliner is race car stuff, and you have Fighter, which is not even FIA legal. This really makes your seat nothing more than a poser seat.

LMAO. New signature.

Marvin97

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
I was thinking about get Corbeaus. I almost pulled a trigger until I got lucky and found a set of Torino II for 670 with brackets. I got lucky. Not all of us have money to shell out 1500 dollars for a pair of cheaper recliner Sparco seats. Corbeau builds nice stuff in all honesty. If I would not have gotten lucky on Sparco stuff, I'd get Corbeau. Another good alternative, which is even better than Corbeau in my opinion, is to find a set of 03-04 Cobra seats. They are very supportive, and have all the comforts of the stock seat. You also get to keep the power adjustment, which is sweet.

Handz, just because you have one fixed back street seat, does not mean that you got a right to bag on other products with out justification. Your seat is technically useless, because non recliner is race car stuff, and you have Fighter, which is not even FIA legal. This really makes your seat nothing more than a poser seat. In that respect my track use only Sprint V is better than your seat.
BAM!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:

Burn.
I got some 01 Cobras for a nice price and couldnt be happier. I was thinking about some Corbeaus but I got a much better deal and it had rear seats to boot. :headbang:

BigTang

Reaction score
The corbeaus are very comfortable, even in a fixed back. The down side is that the cloth is very soft and if it comes in contact w/ something it will rub a hole very quickly. The driver's side seat would rub the roll cage door bar when you slide it back all the way(2 driver car) and in about 1 week it had a hole it in. this was fixed by putting a leather patch on the area. Not saying the quality wasn't there, as the seat was being "mistreated" but it did feel a little thin.

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
Paul said:
ReplicaR said:
Handz, Your seat is technically useless, because non recliner is race car stuff, and you have Fighter, which is not even FIA legal. This really makes your seat nothing more than a poser seat.

LMAO. New signature.

That is the greatest thing I've ever heard. God I love this forum.

kingcato

Reaction score
i was too, until i got the idea of getting some cheap 03/04 cobra seats and re-upholstering them black leather with black suede.. none of that charcoal stuff... expensive i know, but different and sweet looking yes

kingcato

Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
I am not, but I just saw a site where you can really view all of them @ the same time!  Often I want to see something next to other models, to compare!  Look on here if you want Corbeaus:
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/category/950manufacturslist.corbeau_racing_seats/

But, if you want Hunsakers, check out this:
http://sn95forums.com/index.php?topic=32302.0

Huh!!

HPIM0030.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

Ncobra17.jpg

12.jpg

this is the one i would get
CR1-L20901-main-lg.jpg

or
TRS-L20801-main-lg.jpg

but this is plain sexy
cobra5.jpg

cobra6.jpg

sorry for thread jack, too much coffee and monster this morning

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
+1 to the 03's!@

I have some cheapies that I got for $350 for the set but there suportive and lighter :p
I likie. It makes me at least feel fast when I strap in. Functional? Not hardly :)

MadStang

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:

I'll gladly stick with my fixed back Corbeau Forza. Gets the job done and done well for auto-x :D

ram360

Reaction score
MadStang said:
ReplicaR said:

I'll gladly stick with my fixed back Corbeau Forza. Gets the job done and done well for auto-x :D

any pics?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love to whore up some pics of my car XD

01 Grey Suede/ Charcoal Leather.

052.jpg

054.jpg

I was scared about the Charcoal, but it actually matches fairly well considering... Once I get a new leather shift boot and stuff in Charcoal, I don't think it'll be so noticeable.

MadStang

Reaction score
ram360 said:
MadStang said:
ReplicaR said:

any pics?

I'll get you some this weekend of the seats. I haven't given my car a proper photoshoot in awhile anyway. I think it's about time haha.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
FIA seat used for actual racing. Do you swap it back and forward, so just keep it in the car? Sparco comp seats have very little suspension or padding, so they are pretty rough on the street.

Edit: which class are you in? Got any pictures?

MadStang

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
FIA seat used for actual racing. Do you swap it back and forward, so just keep it in the car? Sparco comp seats have very little suspension or padding, so they are pretty rough on the street.

Edit: which class are you in? Got any pictures?

I keep the Corbeau's in the car. I don't fit in any other seat honestly. The corbeaus put me extremely low and far back. I'm 6'6" and it was a huge issue when I had stock seats in the car when I auto-x'd. They had to determine if it was safe if I had the seat semi-reclined so my helmet was not hitting the roof.

Now I have a lot of head room clearance as well as leg room. There's no room in the rear whatsoever though haha.

I used to run Street Touring X but with the upgrade of my brakes to Brembo's I got moved into the Street Modified class. I do fairly well for racing a v6, but, I'm mostly out there just to improve my driving skills, my car is severely underpowered currently, I just can't wait for the new motor install so I'll be competitive. I hang with everybody on the turn in and center of the corner, I just have no acceleration out.. even with 4.10's...

EDIT: and negative on the photos. Next time I head out though I will DEFINITELY get my girlfriend to take pictures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online