Anyone have pics of 17x9s with 275/40/17 on the front?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_5350Small.jpg

IMG_5435Small.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had 275's on mine briefly when I put the 315's on the rear.
It drove fine with no rubbing, handles a lot better than the 255's because of the extra width.
The offset depends on whether it'll rub or not.

OP
OP
mattmathis

mattmathis

Reaction score
The black american racing bullitts I'm looking at have a 24mm offset. And the ones on American Muscle have a +33. Which is closer to what I need without rubbing?

Mustanger, yes! That is exactly the stance I"m looking for. I can't afford to lower mine right now. I'm going to have so save up for that. I'm hoping it will look ok with the stock height and that wheel tire combo for a while until I can get the dough for the parts. what kit do you have?

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Sway bar on the left side.

It actually rubs the rim a little if it's lock to lock. These Potenzas run narrow, compared to the Gforce sports i used to have on the front that run wider. When those were on it would just rub the tire.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'll never understand why you'd need that wide of a tire for the front.. Unless you're racing it. 275s in front track every crack and groove in the street. My friend has them on his 02 GT, hates em.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
I do race it, every morning on the way to work.

And yes it tracks like a mofo...and i don't care.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I did all the front end components, ball joints, tie rod ends everything that then put the 275s on...As my first set of tires wore down it tracked some Put new tires on & it feel great...no real tracking to speak of but instant turning response. It IS very quick to respond! I love it.

redriderjf87

Reaction score
I did all the front end components, ball joints, tie rod ends everything that then put the 275s on...As my first set of tires wore down it tracked some Put new tires on & it feel great...no real tracking to speak of but instant turning response. It IS very quick to respond! I love it.

When I put my 275/315's on, I didn't really notice any difference as far as tracking goes. I agree with others, Mustanger, your stance is perfect with those wheels, can you post or link to what springs/iso's you have? I think I read it somewhere on the suspension pages but can't remember.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Thanks RedRider...it is the Eibach Prokit Plus complete suspension. Eibach Struts & shocks with stock Ford isolaters. Not a bad DD setup at all, handles wonderful in the curves got very good reviews in the Mags. I have a lot of miles on them & want Koni's or Bilsteins next until I can swing Air Ride.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I do race it, every morning on the way to work.

And yes it tracks like a mofo...and i don't care.

this...LOL

I run 295s up front as a DD set.. Blew out 2 rims so will be switching to a 275 on an 18. Then redoing the 17s for track use(still sticking with 295s all the way around).

Btw. No rubbing issues except sometimes at full lock. sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online