Arguments about N/A vs. Boost

02GT

Reaction score
I said it was cheap USED. Key point, USED. You can easily have a used vortech kit on the car and running for less than 3k....ive seen people piece together used vortech kits and have cars running for less than 2k, which is very doable if you buy everything used.

You dont need an intercooler to run a vortech blower at less than 10 PSI. They are extremely efficient and do not create anywhere near the heat of a PD blower.

The hell are you talking about, thats an entire kit minus the horrible bandaid fuel system they include that I wouldnt even run. You can put together injectors, pump, and MAF for like 400 bucks and have a complete kit for 3300 dollars, NEW.

Stop posting irrelevant crap just because you want to feel better about spending 6k on your setup. You got a sick setup but it cost more in the long run, end of story.

Obviously you didnt like the way the vortech setup looked and didnt want to buy used so you paid extra. Nothing wrong with that but for people on a budget, used vortech setups are cheap.

Even if I bought a brand new vortech kit, injectors, maf, pump, tune, front mount intercooler,power pipe, legit bypass valve, 8 rib setup, it would still probably cost less than 4500 dollars which is pretty much all you can do with a vortech setup.

/thread

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Isn't there a thread out there showing you part & price & link to get said parts to build your own vortech kit for like $1,000 bucks? Just saying it's possible.

I think its 1500 bucks but yea.

Its not hard, the bracket, oil lines, and discharge tube can be had from superchargersonline for like 5-600 bucks total and thats NEW.

So all you really have to do is buy a used head unit. I paid 700 for mine but ive seen them go for less/

700+ 600 = 1300

Grabe some used injectors, a 100 dollar pump and a LMAF used and you can easily do it for 1600-1700 bucks.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I think its 1500 bucks but yea.

Its not hard, the bracket, oil lines, and discharge tube can be had from superchargersonline for like 5-600 bucks total and thats NEW.

So all you really have to do is buy a used head unit. I paid 700 for mine but ive seen them go for less/

700+ 600 = 1300

Grabe some used injectors, a 100 dollar pump and a LMAF used and you can easily do it for 1600-1700 bucks.

Yeah you're thinking of the same article. The guy posted most of his stuff came from superchargersonline and just bought a used headunit.

But we are wrong because Handz said so. He's the guru when it comes to anything.....

ivan12

Reaction score
I got my Procharger D1SC with low miles for $3000. Came with the head unit, 3 row intercooler, both fox and sn95 brackets, $675 50# Bosch injectors, Pro M maf, FMU, 255 intank pump, a couple of 8 rib pulleys, and a whole bunch of oil shipped to my door. Only reason I didn't get the Vortech (which would've been $3k new from AM) was that I found the same deal on what I think is a better setup. Going with boost is cheap if you know where to look. And if you don't mind using the Vortech pump and FMU, you CAN have a NEW complete Vortech kit that works for $3,500.

ivan12

Reaction score
This is for the OP, I think I've pretty much narrowed everything down skimming through all the crap in here. You want 260-280rwhp on a NPI 2V but don't have a deep wallet to do so nor the down time, It's not impossible but it is expensive and time consuming. Boost can be had for relatively cheap, you'll have the ability to surpass your power goals, and with the right skills can be done in a day or two. Regardless if you want to stay NA or Boosted you're almost certainly going to have to up the octane level. The route that seems more logical for what YOU want is boost.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Deleted a lot of the crap that went on in here, not everything. Tried to leave informative posts there. Mainly focused are the arguments.

95opal

Reaction score
This is for the OP, I think I've pretty much narrowed everything down skimming through all the crap in here. You want 260-280rwhp on a NPI 2V but don't have a deep wallet to do so nor the down time, It's not impossible but it is expensive and time consuming. Boost can be had for relatively cheap, you'll have the ability to surpass your power goals, and with the right skills can be done in a day or two. Regardless if you want to stay NA or Boosted you're almost certainly going to have to up the octane level. The route that seems more logical for what YOU want is boost.

All narrowed down to one post

With that out of the way all I came in to say was

aa610ebd.jpg

Carry on.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
as you can see, whoever runs what is just going to recommend what they have. Us centri guys will say go centri, pd guys will say go pd, n/a guys will want you to stay n/a and prove to the world everything. Its all in how deep your wallet, patience, and mechanical skills are

MadStang

Reaction score
as you can see, whoever runs what is just going to recommend what they have. Us centri guys will say go centri, pd guys will say go pd, n/a guys will want you to stay n/a and prove to the world everything. Its all in how deep your wallet, patience, and mechanical skills are

in ferocious' case I say boost it, at first I thought he was solely set on n/a. I wouldn't recommend anyone to do what I'm doing unless they have the pocket to fund it.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
^ I agree with ya. A full blown balls to the wall n/a build is crazy expensive

MadStang

Reaction score
^ I agree with ya. A full blown balls to the wall n/a build is crazy expensive

first hand experience here and I KNOW lol.

at least the most expensive thing I have to buy now is the TSS oil pump, everything else is just assembly lol

5.0kid

Reaction score

I would actually recommend what i dont have and just boost it lol. wish i had...I would definitely go ahead and do a compression test and make sure your engine is good to go first too!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would recommend any type of boost...only reason I truly say vortech over KB is price.

If I could do a 3k kb setup, id probably have a kb.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I think most guys should first look at doing a solid h/c/i setup, and then putting boost on top of that will optimize all aspects of the motor build

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would agree with you if we had stronger bottom ends haha. With a stock bottom end what's the point?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
but also whats the point in putting a vortech on a stock non pi h/c/i car? to hit 270rwhp? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online