Ballistic's 1997 GT

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Thanks guys, So i guess my front A arm bushings were pretty bad, and had to order new front A arms, the're $$$$$ for what they are, but id rather buy OEM Ford shit than ebay..

Didn't know they were like fused into the arms and you cant replace them and have to order whole new arms, but at least they come with new ball joints already installed, and they will have the arms tomorrow.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Thanks guys, So i guess my front A arm bushings were pretty bad, and had to order new front A arms, the're $$$$$ for what they are, but id rather buy OEM Ford shit than ebay..

Didn't know they were like fused into the arms and you cant replace them and have to order whole new arms, but at least they come with new ball joints already installed, and they will have the arms tomorrow.

I never done it but I've seen people torch the bushings out and slide the new ones in with some grease.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I never done it but I've seen people torch the bushings out and slide the new ones in with some grease.

I just drilled hole in the bushings and used a coping saw to cut them out. A wire brush on my drill cleaned everything up and the poly bushings slide right in.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I just drilled hole in the bushings and used a coping saw to cut them out. A wire brush on my drill cleaned everything up and the poly bushings slide right in.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Is it better to go poly's in the front?

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Got it all lowered, will take and post pictures hopefully later today around the golden hour.. Spent the whole weekend at a wakesurf competition and a wedding so the car go super dusty/dirty :(..

Anyway the new suspension made it feel like a new car, going up to the lake for the surfing with the mountain roads made cornering so much better having no body roll, and with the rear control arms it feels so much better smooth when you step on it in the rear..

I did scrape on every single speed bump i touched that weekend :( But i think its because one of my exhausts mufflers is lower than the other, need to see if i can borrow a friends shop with a lift and fix it when i order new tips..

I feel it will need spacers but not sure if 25mm will be too much or not.. Not the biggest fan of the shim style spacers..

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Took these few hours ago..

i-G9Qznpg.jpg

i-cvmph85.jpg

i-nGCzZj5.jpg

i-p6zV9db.jpg

i-7WJCv8J.jpg

Then Spacers for the rear, was thinking about just doing the 1/4" ones something is better than nothing, any other thoughts on it though?

i-ffD5H2g-XL.jpg
i-QLL4LCv-XL.jpg

I think the next step is going to be fixing my exaust and new tips..

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i'd do at least a 1/4" spacer....personally i'd do a 1" spacer and get rid of that fender lip inside but anything would make a difference...car looks really good man nice work so far!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice work, the car looks great! I bet it handles a ton better with all the new suspension parts.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

i'd do at least a 1/4" spacer....personally i'd do a 1" spacer and get rid of that fender lip inside but anything would make a difference...car looks really good man nice work so far!

Little worried that 1" would make the fender start rubbing/cutting my tires even with rolling the lip, spent a little too much on the tires to want to ruin them :(

Nice work, the car looks great! I bet it handles a ton better with all the new suspension parts.

Its so much better, little bumpy at times but worth it.

Congratulations on getting out of the 4x4 club... It looks good!!

I was still doing some 4x4ing last weekend in it lowered :D

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Looks fantastico! Ever thought about blacking out the rear bumper valence and some black mustang letters? You really have nice theme going on! Also if you have stock rubber ISO's in the front take them out and put in poly's. You can get about 1/4 of inch lower giving it more of a natural rake. Just a suggestion...

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Looks fantastico! Ever thought about blacking out the rear bumper valence and some black mustang letters? You really have nice theme going on! Also if you have stock rubber ISO's in the front take them out and put in poly's. You can get about 1/4 of inch lower giving it more of a natural rake. Just a suggestion...

Thanks, i have thought about wrapping the lower valence don't think i want to comment to painting it.. and then painting the gas tank cover deep black like tony did.

Haven't thought about it but you're right the front could come down a bit more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online