bankin! for me at least!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
363 in the bank-o-lah!!! im going to get my intake gaskets fixed then hopefully i can get me a tune in the next few weeks after i get the clutch sorted out and the motor mounts! :banana: :banana: :banana: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

S

scarface

"Calvin got a Job!"

sorry, you are too young for that quote...

way to save it man :)

ANG

Reaction score
woot woot! any money is good money when saving for car parts!! :bunny3:

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Ive been saving since oct06. Now i dont wanna spend it..........How much you ask? Hummmmm pretty close to 5k

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Fets said:
scarface said:
"Calvin got a Job!"

Good times?

Nope....227 Calvins the dude that lived in the building with regins kings charater...i believe his grandmother said it.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
"Calvin got a Job!"

You ever see the Chappelle's Show about that commercial? :hammer:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
Snakebit said:
you know you SHOULD put half of that up in a IRA or better yet a Roth IRA ;)

huh?

ahh the bliss of being young and uneducated in the money management world ;D ;D ;D. A IRA is " individual retirement account' and a Roth IRA is sort of the same thing, but much better because it is sheltered from Taxes.

It may sound dumb to you Trey but trust me the earlier you start saving the BETTER you will be off, I started a little late ( 20 ) I wish I would have started 4 years earlier when I started working. I can only imagine how much MORE I would have in my Roth if I had :nonono:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
so just putting money in the bank and letting it build up overtime and when i retire, have like a million bucks?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
so just putting money in the bank and letting it build up overtime and when i retire, have like a million bucks?

if your REALLY interested in this go check out this www.clarkhoward.com im telling you Trey, its better to start NOW. You dont have to go crazy and save every penny, say you work get a check and its 100 bucks, try to put like 30 of it in the bank. You will still have 70 to spend but you have put 30 UP. BY the way dont go and take it out the next week ;D.

click this it will show you what to save and what you will have.........
http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/category/7/13/220/379/

like I said I wish I had started sooner, but I have done VERY good over the past 8 years 8)

ANG

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

if your REALLY interested in this go check out this www.clarkhoward.com im telling you Trey, its better to start NOW. You dont have to go crazy and save every penny, say you work get a check and its 100 bucks, try to put like 30 of it in the bank. You will still have 70 to spend but you have put 30 UP. BY the way dont go and take it out the next week ;D.

like I said I wish I had started sooner, but I have done VERY good over the past 8 years 8)

I KNEW you were a clark fan, I like listening to his show too.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
*angiestars* = GIRL! said:
Snakebit said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

I KNEW you were a clark fan, I like listening to his show too.

Im going to tell you guys what he looks and sounds like a GEEK but he is by far the smartest MONEY man I have EVER HEARD OF OR SEEN :boink: :boink: :boink:. He is responsible for me having what I have put up both in my Roth and my personal savings. Im going to enjoy my retirement ^-^

Oh and again Trey the key is to NOT SPEND WHAT YOU PUT UP, JUST THINK OF IT AS NOT EVEN BEING THERE

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'm going to have to investigate these IRA since it's not too late for me. 8)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Hmmmm, I'm going to have to investigate these IRA since it's not too late for me. 8)

I urge you too man, you will thank me when you get 30 years old. Just think of having say 100 grand in the bank at 30 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:

I urge you too man, you will thank me when you get 30 years old. Just think of having say 100 grand in the bank at 30 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Are you serious? How does it work?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah roth's are deff the way to go. i had a bunch of cash a couple of years ago and i was going to put it into a roth but i daveled into the internet stock market instead. i made like $800 in one year without even touching it but ended up breaking even after paying taxes and account fees :-\

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
yeah roth's are deff the way to go. i had a bunch of cash a couple of years ago and i was going to put it into a roth but i daveled into the internet stock market instead. i made like $800 in one year without even touching it but ended up breaking even after paying taxes and account fees :-\

Ouch, I'd hate to make that and have it taken away. :-\

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:

Are you serious? How does it work?

Its all up to you and how much you put up :dunno: I put the max in every year, right now its 4k so if that stays and you do it every year for 10 years that 40k WITH OUT THE INTREST ON IT. And that intrest on those big numbers can add up quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online