Best Tubular K Member for Street Duty?

97Bullitt

Reaction score
I've been looking for ways to lose weight, and free up space on the front end, but have been unsure thusfar on a good setup.

QA1 says strip duty only, and it also says it must use it's coilover kit, so that one is out.

I've been looking at either
AJE K Member and A arms from Latemodel

Or UPR's k member kit.

I am planning on running Eibach Pro System, so I need something I can just slap my shocks/struts/springs in.

Any advice is appreciated.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The upr kit is priced pretty cheap with front coilovers it's what's I'm running on my car

OP
OP
97Bullitt

97Bullitt

Reaction score
but if I don't want coilovers?

Would the AJE with A arms(with cups) work for just regular spring/struts?

Green Hornet

Reaction score
go with pa racing. here is mine

2011-08-03_10-42-24_179.jpg

they make it where you can have stock a arms with springs, or coil overs. best fit i had ever seen. and i had qa1, and upr on past cars.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea my other car has maximum motorsports k member but I haven't driven it yet so I'll prolly have to wait till spring now

OP
OP
97Bullitt

97Bullitt

Reaction score
So basically what we are saying is I either have to re use my stock A arm, or go coilover???

I was looking at this
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/AJE-MU3020K/79-04-Mustang-46L-Mild-Steel-Tubular-K-Member-With-Spring-Perches

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/AJE-MU5001/94-04-Mustang-Front-Mild-Steel-Tubular-Control-Arms-With-Spring-Cups

I
am redoing my suspension, and doing it all at the same time, so what I was hoping was to swap K member/A arms, add my eibach kit up front, That way I'd only have to do the front end once.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i like coil overs personally. if you can flip the coin for struts and coil overs your already ahead in technology and correct geometry.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I did MM k-member. I've noticed a pretty good difference in front end grip, how it did not feel like there was any weight savings over stock k-member. Front end grip was well worth it though

Mika

Reaction score
I'm running QA1 03-04 cobra arms and Ebiach Pro system. No problems yet.

OP
OP
97Bullitt

97Bullitt

Reaction score
How do you like the pro system?

I'd heard it's a bit rougher, but handles outstandingly.

I can live with rough, I just want to turn!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I can live with rough, I just want to turn!

Get MM then. It's built for road racing and durability in mind. And it's not rough ride either. If anything it actually made the front end ride better, because it's stiffer and makes suspension do more work, rather than chassis flexing, and bouncing all over the bumps.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the budget allows it you can't go wrong with there k member I didn't use there a arms tho Cus they don't make adjustable ones

Mika

Reaction score
I like the way the suspension feels. It certainly turns when you want it to, and I don't think it's too rough but it's not my daily driver.

det_riot

Reaction score
But all need coilovers?

whether you do or do not use coilovers depends solely on what A-Arms you decide to go with. If you go with a tubular A arm WITHOUT a spring perch, you have to use coilovers. If you get A arms WITH a spring perch, you can decide yourself on if you want to run coilovers or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online