Better brand H-pipe

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by Marty6186, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Marty6186

Marty6186 New Member

I have decided to get and o/r H-pipe for my 96GT with the stock manifold and Flowmaster cat-back (I am going for the "classic" Mustang sound). I have narrowed down my choices to Pacesetter, MAC or BBK. They are all within about $35 of each other price wise. I have read lots of reviews on the various vendor websites and all seems to have their pros and cons as far as fit / install is concerned. I'm just wondering if anyone here can share their experience with any of the brands listed above and has a strong opinion towards one over the others. Thanks for he help!!

2. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

MAC is good.. BBK is good too. Pacesetter honestly is the bottom of the barrel brand, cheapest parts to buy and their quality shows that.

3. D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT Well-Known Member

I have BBK.... fit and finish was flawless.... my upr x pipe was a did story

The D3V

4. nightfire

nightfire Member

5. Darhawk

Darhawk Well-Known Member

Yeah stay away from UPR, the fit is horrific and customer service is non-existent ! I got rid of mine after 2 years. I'm also in the market. Let us know what you end up with.

6. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

Good thinking with the H pipe. An American v8 needs that separation to hear its true roots.