Bikewiz's METAL 5.0

OP
OP
B

bikewiz

Reaction score
BTW I'm getting rid of the :rice: headlights and picking up some OEM cobra headlights and corners next spring.

Aztec Gold 97

Reaction score
Damn, tons better.

Any idea where you can get replacement GTS door inserts without the window button openings?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey man, your car is absolutely ridiculous! i loveeeeeeeeee it. looks sooo clean..

i was like KB, i saw the first pics of it and was like.. ehhh cool i guess? but man you turned it into something!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

also, i like those exhaust tips, what kind are they?

Ram000

Reaction score
bad ass, man!! love seeing more turbo'd 5.0's... motivation!

OP
OP
B

bikewiz

Reaction score
o
Aztec Gold 97 said:
Damn, tons better.

Any idea where you can get replacement GTS door inserts without the window button openings?

Hmm, try the dealer? I had aftermarket ones from 5.0 resto and they fit like crap so I went to the dealer and got mine. I think they were like $35 per side. Couldn't stand the crank windows. It was a total bitch to install the power windows in a crank window gts because the wiring is ALL different. Took me the better part of a week, but I got it done. Next year I might sell the door panels and get the Mach 460 ones and install a Mach 460 speaker setup.

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
hey man, your car is absolutely ridiculous! i loveeeeeeeeee it. looks sooo clean..

i was like KB, i saw the first pics of it and was like.. ehhh cool i guess? but man you turned it into something!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

also, i like those exhaust tips, what kind are they?

The exhaust is an SLP Loudmouth. Not too popular with 5.0 people on the boards, but everyone who drives beside me absolutely loves it. Before I turbo'd it, it was BBK ceramic LTs, BBK O/R H-pipe, and the SLP LoudMouth I. It was soo loud and original sounding.

I don't miss it too much because whats more original than a turbo? :thumb:

Thanks again for all the compliments!

I was just out driving it trying to see if my exhaust leak that I fixed helped out my A/F ratio on my wideband. I planted it in 3rd gear at 45 mph and the tires lit up. Not even 315 Nitto DRs can keep me on the ground, lol.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Holy CRAAP, nice work on the car man.
now that's a mod list. Nice pics too! how long have you been working on the car?
It looks great btw, and nice numbers to play with :)

Downshift

Reaction score
VERY VERY NICE CAR!!!! Wow man tons of respect for all the effort and vision you had for that car. You really turned it into a beautiful car. Are those really 95R springs or is that some edition that they made?

OP
OP
B

bikewiz

Reaction score
They are real front springs for the 95 Cobra R. They used to be in the Ford Racing catalog, but it seems that Ford is dropping a lof of 94-04 stuff out of the catalog to make room for S197 stuff. I bought them from www.johnbleakleyford.com and they arrived in a ford racing box. I opened them up and they say Eibach on them, so they were made for Ford.

I did cut them a little bit to get the stance that I have now. Funds permitting, I'll be changing to a full coilover setup in the future.

QwanSanchez

Reaction score
Thats amazing man, how hard was the build up with turbo? I might be sending you a pm to get more specifics on the build just for reference of my own. Also what gauges are those they look amazing.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
How did you get OEM '00 R seats? Ebay, trade somebody?

Special favor? :rockyou: :hammer:

95PGTTech

Reaction score
damn, that's odd - I was just feeling out buying a 94-95 for such a 347 turbo road-race setup. if you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend on all this? I can do all the installs myself save the engine build and alignment, and my totals are nearing $20,000 with the maximum suspension bits...

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
That's freaking awesome!! It is great how you have pictures at different times. Looks pretty sweet dude!

OP
OP
B

bikewiz

Reaction score
QwanSanchez said:
Thats amazing man, how hard was the build up with turbo? I might be sending you a pm to get more specifics on the build just for reference of my own. Also what gauges are those they look amazing.

The build-up was very tough. I've lived and breathed nothing but turbo mustang this whole summer. I'm also broke now as well. Feel free to PM.
Tally_4.6 said:
How did you get OEM '00 R seats? Ebay, trade somebody?

Special favor? :rockyou: :hammer:

They were on eBay in the spring for $900 w/ no bids. I e-mailed the guy and he ended the auction for me and I drove to Southeast Ohio on a Saturday w/ $900 cash. His father worked on the assembly line that built the '00 Cobra R and he got the seats when they were done building the cars. Leftovers or something.

95PGTTech said:
damn, that's odd - I was just feeling out buying a 94-95 for such a 347 turbo road-race setup. if you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend on all this? I can do all the installs myself save the engine build and alignment, and my totals are nearing $20,000 with the maximum suspension bits...

Way too much money! I have way over $20k into my car. I have almost $10k just in my shortblock order from DSS racing (came with clutch and engine accesories i.e.: lifters, oil pan, balancer, etc.).

I have 90% of the receipts for my car, but I don't dare to total them up. Probably over $30k in my car. If you research everything like 10 times before you buy each part, you can probably save a lot of money. There is almost nothing on the car that I haven't done and had to re-do later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.