Bikewiz's METAL 5.0

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
bikewiz said:
They were on eBay in the spring for $900 w/ no bids. I e-mailed the guy and he ended the auction for me and I drove to Southeast Ohio on a Saturday w/ $900 cash. His father worked on the assembly line that built the '00 Cobra R and he got the seats when they were done building the cars. Leftovers or something.

Dude that's awesome, nice pickup. :banana:

95Boss

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing transformation. The first photos show an unloved, soulless, cast-off that most would have put out to pasture. You have given second life to a car with a much better future than a past. Very nice job. You have more ambition and ingenuity than most of us. Congrats, man. O0

OP
OP
B

bikewiz

Reaction score
Actually, thats what it was. I picked it up from a wholesale trade-in lot at Luxury Motors in Orland Park, IL. They are a Ferrari dealer, the last place you'd think of finding a beat stang.

As a testament to the power and suspension, I snapped the brand new Moser pinion gear in my 9" rear end out at the track Sunday. Good thing I trailered it! It was the first launch that rear end had ever seen. Everything I buy from Moser breaks. From now on, I'll deal with Strange.

I just picked up a used shot-peened and micro polished richmond ring and pinion from 2ndchanceraceparts.com. It was used in only one NASCAR Nextel Cup race. I got it for $100!!! Its a 3.40 ratio which will give me a few more MPH in 4th gear out at the road course, and quicker boost on the street. If its good enough for NASCAR, lets see if it will hold up in my car, lol.

boosted347

Reaction score
...............WOW Love your car I am goin to be doing a turbo 347 build and have been looking at DSS I noticed that is who you went with, How impressed are you with them? Price wise and performance? Becouse I am thinkg of going with them for my short block. thanks and nice ride again

OP
OP
B

bikewiz

Reaction score
95PGTTech said:
damn, that's odd - I was just feeling out buying a 94-95 for such a 347 turbo road-race setup. if you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend on all this? I can do all the installs myself save the engine build and alignment, and my totals are nearing $20,000 with the maximum suspension bits...

by the way, im not a fan of the turbo for road racing. I mean if you had a smaller turbo with a more conservative engine, it would be great. I just feel that 600+ hp is too much for a road race car. I turn down the boost when I road race and it helps, but id rather have a bored and stroked 351W based motor like a 406 naturally aspriated that still could make 500 HP but be alot more controllable. Its so weird when you get the kick of boost in the middle of a turn, just feels un-natural.

QwanSanchez said:
Thats amazing man, how hard was the build up with turbo? I might be sending you a pm to get more specifics on the build just for reference of my own. Also what gauges are those they look amazing.

The guages are from www.speedhut.com the quality is the best I have ever seen. Well worth the money. I'll be selling mine eventually to do a complete autometer setup because the OEM cluster is not accurate above 100mph and above 5000rpm

QwanSanchez

Reaction score
bikewiz said:
QwanSanchez said:
Thats amazing man, how hard was the build up with turbo? I might be sending you a pm to get more specifics on the build just for reference of my own. Also what gauges are those they look amazing.

The guages are from www.speedhut.com the quality is the best I have ever seen. Well worth the money. I'll be selling mine eventually to do a complete autometer setup because the OEM cluster is not accurate above 100mph and above 5000rpm

Sweet let me know if you want to sell them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78