Bonestock3.8s build thread**update!**

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Your build is pretty sick, makes me want to autocross mine. Do you recommend the MM k member brace on a stock DD?

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Your build is pretty sick, makes me want to autocross mine. Do you recommend the MM k member brace on a stock DD?

Thanks man! And I would, its not an extremely noticeable mod, but it does make the front end feel more connected and the steering feel better in turns. But if you're planning on getting long tubes then you'll need a 2 point brace, which steeda makes, Maximum Motorsports doesn't offer a 2 point brace for sn95s just foxes.

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Pulled my steering column on saturday! It was really easy and straight forward, its only four nuts then some connectors to un do and its out! Its nice to having to use my ignition switch only to start the car hah.

The old one out in the floor!

And the "new" one in! The steering wheel is a little bit nicer than my old one but its still not nice hah

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks man! And I would, its not an extremely noticeable mod, but it does make the front end feel more connected and the steering feel better in turns. But if you're planning on getting long tubes then you'll need a 2 point brace, which steeda makes, Maximum Motorsports doesn't offer a 2 point brace for sn95s just foxes.

Sounds good. I have longtubes already. Might be something to look into. thanks dudd

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Happy Birthday man!

Get off the forum and go have a beer :cheers:

Late thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a pretty good night, might have had a couple of them cold ones ;)

But not a real update, just did some basic maintenance on the car on saturday, changed the oil and filter, balanced the tires, and did a quick alignment.

Small update about muh life, This is my last week at the shop I've been working at for the past couple of years. Going to be getting into the flooring business! It sucks leaving where I work now because I love the people I work with and being able to use all the goodness of having a full shop to work in. But its time for something new and to make a little bit more money!

So soon once I start making a bit more money I'll be saving up money to work on the car more. I need to get my subframe connectors that I've had forever now welded in and put in my strut tower brace. Once I get that taken care of, as long as I don't have to buy tires, I'm going to try and buy some Maximum Motorsports lower control arms for the rear and maybe start saving up for a pan-hard bar and call it a day on the suspension set up for a while.

Still having problems with the car running a bit hot and she is still using up a little bit of coolant so I really need to figure out whats leaking soon and get the system well burped.

OH. And one last thing, I am having a problem with my drives side front caliper moving up and down while driving making an awful scraping/vibrating sound. On one end you insert that little rod with the clip on the end, but at the top nothing is really holding it in place. And my problem is that the caliper is moving around and I'm not sure how to make it stop. Because it makes my car sound like its about to fall apart. I've tried putting a lot of grease in the space between the caliper and the bracket but it only helped a little. So any ithoughts on how to fix it or what might be the cause of it let me know!

Thanks guys!

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
So this happened the other week! Not a huge update just finally hit 200,000 on her! Car needs a bad wash, and its oil changed. Need to put in most the parts I've needed too, going to try and start saving more money to put towards this pile, but happy she made it to 200k! Did it on my trip to Richmond good times good times!

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Over this past weekend I finally cured my cars over heating problem. I think when I had replaced the radiator before I knew the head gaskets were shot it got gummed and clogged up so it wouldn't cool properly. But this weekend I replaced the radiator again under its life time warranty replace the 180 degree thermostat with a 160 degree thermostat replaced a couple coolant hoses and put fresh antifreeze and water in it and the car is running so much better.

i have literally been fighting an over heating issue for the past four years with this damn car, partly due to my lack of knowledge in the burping of the coolant system department and due to my lack of patience when it came to actually doing it. But this weekend I took my time as in I spent two hours making sure it was burped fully and now it runs like a dream I am so happy and it's so weird not worrying about it over hearing now it's very exciting.

in other news I tried to install my strut tower brace on Friday and turns out it won't clear the v6 intake manifold so now I have a useless strut tower brace to along with my parts collection I have no use for! I am going to try and get a new job soon and start to save up money to get my subframe connectors welded in also because that needs to happen.

there is an auto cross coming up soon that I will most definitely be entering my car in because it's been a while and now it's not over heating so I won't have to worry about exploding it out on the course. I am excited to get back out and beat up on some more WRX and Porche owners in my 202k mile v6 Mustang which always makes me so very happy when I do.

so yeah I'll keep everyone posted on the auto cross which will happen and the subframe connectors probably won't happen for another three or four years :shrug:

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Well, like I said subframe connectors are a no go, because sold the car. Got a BMW miss my old turd bucket, but this new BMW is pretty awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online

No members online now.