Bonestock3.8s build thread**update!**

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Progress is looking good man! Curious to see what you think of the MM brace
MadStang how low does the steeda brace hang? Is it the lowest part under the car?

MadStang

Reaction score
Progress is looking good man! Curious to see what you think of the MM brace
MadStang how low does the steeda brace hang? Is it the lowest part under the car?

i don't have an exact measurement of how low it hangs but yes it is the lowest part of the car aside from my front splitter. This being said I've only hit it once on the ground from a huge bump in the road, my spring rate / bumpstops generally keep any of the under carriage from scraping.

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score

So I got my 4 point K-member brace from Maximum Motorsports in the other day! I have already installed it, it was ridiculously easy to put in. The only clearance problem I had was the passenger side cat is up on its side and had a small lip coming down that was rubbing the brace and making a GOD AWFUL RACKET. So I solved that by taking a grinder and grinding it down solving that problem. So far I haven't noticed a huge difference, but the steering does feel tighter and more predictable and it feels a bit more stable while driving. So I should feel the full difference when I have my next autocross in November. I would up load a picture of it installed by the picture isn't sending from my phone so I can't :/.

Theres a picture of it installed! Really high quality piece, would definitely recommend it for only 100 bucks

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
So, I've decided to continue and make my car a really nice daily driver instead of trying to make it some fire breatheing street machine, so basically this car will never earn the title "fast car" for at least a decently long amount of time.

I plan on finishing up with a few more things suspension wise, get the front bumper re-painted, then start working on the interior.

- Fix A/C
- Install strut tower brace (already have)
- Install subframe connectors (already have)
- Purchase and install rear lower control arms (Maximum Motorsports)
- Re-paint the front bumper
- Purchase black carpet
- Get black leather seats, preferably Cobra/Bullit/Mach 1 seats front and rear
- Black out all plastics and get a 98-04 center console
- Replace the steering wheel which is worn badly
- Maybe get a new stereo

Thats the plan, and we'll see how well I can stick with it haha

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Had another autocross today! I had a total blast my friend Ben came and took some really good pictures. I also proved to one of my friends (who always ragged on me for having a v6 Mustang) that my car can move out pretty well. Came out of a couple turns letting the ass end hang all the way out and he was just like DAMN! I didn't know a v6 Mustang could do that. And he was like man your car is a lot faster than I was anticipating.

The course was really short but it was pretty fast with some tight turns which were fun to just let the rear slide out in a nice power slide. I came in 4th out of the six cars in my class. This weekend there was two Corvairs, a WRX Imprezza, a ZL1 Camaro and a older style 535i BMW with R-Comps. I'm not sure which two cars I had beaten but I think one of them was the Camaro and a Corvair.

When I was working the course I was working with two younger guys that go to the same college as me and they were like, what were your times? and I was like well my quickest clean time was a 32.8 something and my quickest one which I hit a cone on was a 32.7 something and they were both like oh nice, what do you drive? and I was like a v6 Automatic Mustang and they were like oh.. its funny because they both have STIs or WRXs and I was only a half a second behind them haha.

But here is one picture from the event!

I'll post more later when they come up.

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Here are a couple more shots of the autocross today! In this picture if you look closely you can see my friend cheesin' because he never knew how much fun a v6 Mustang could be!

I like the first picture, but the second picture isn't that great, it was at the last turn of the course. But my favorite picture is the picture my friend Ben took which I posted earlier. He put a little magic touch to it but it still looks badass!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's so awesome! I'm glad to see it tearing up the track. Poor STI guys :grin:

MadStang

Reaction score
how did the car feel with the brace before/after? from the pics it looks more balanced at the least.

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
how did the car feel with the brace before/after? from the pics it looks more balanced at the least.

It tied the car together pretty well, it made the car feel more connected and steering felt a lot more reassuring which was nice. I can definitely feel a difference though, for sure worth 100 bucks!

that MM cross brace means business!

It does! I put it to good use that is for sure!

Tweeted a picture of you on the forum twitter :)

Awesome :D I hope people liked it or favorited it or something :D Thanks for sharing it!

That's so awesome! I'm glad to see it tearing up the track. Poor STI guys :grin:

I know right xD they were still quicker but they weren't too far away from my lil ol six!

OP
OP
B

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Well small update! Part of my ignition decided to take a shit on me last week. Its not the switch or the tumbler but the part that is actually inside the steering column so I finally got a "new" steering column from a junk yard and will be putting it in this saturday and will post pictures of the install! But here she is

Cost me 140 bucks but came with a bossdawg steering wheel cover hahah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online

No members online now.