Boost Brothers install

wannaboost94gt

Reaction score
I am pretty close to you guys, I am thinking about doing the boost bros turbo kit this summer, I am currently putting a forged eagle 347 in to get ready for the boost. You guys need a new video, the first one is from their website and the second one doesn't even say what the turbo kit is. I wanna see yours, I live in Everett, WA but have no idea where Lynden is? Eastern? Maybe I could see it in person? :angel4:

IceMan

Reaction score
Good luck on the install and everything but I just do not like the way that intercooler sits there. The On3Performance kit is going to be sooooooooo much better than this kit, beter quality parts and stainless steel at the same price and it will look better, intecooler tucked in like it should be. I know Chad personaly and I know how good he is with this stuff. And for the numbers that you posted, I'm not very impressed. My car with the On3 kit at 7psi made 389 rwhp and 445 wtq. Thats at 7psi on an ALL STOCK 302 intake to oil pan with fuel upgrades. Alex (another On3Performance kit) made 488 rwhp and 665 rwtq at 15 psi on a stock 302. On3Performance will crush this kit.

OP
OP
W

WarMachine762

Reaction score
IceMan said:
Good luck on the install and everything but I just do not like the way that intercooler sits there. The On3Performance kit is going to be sooooooooo much better than this kit, beter quality parts and stainless steel at the same price and it will look better, intecooler tucked in like it should be. I know Chad personaly and I know how good he is with this stuff. And for the numbers that you posted, I'm not very impressed. My car with the On3 kit at 7psi made 389 rwhp and 445 wtq. Thats at 7psi on an ALL STOCK 302 intake to oil pan with fuel upgrades. Alex (another On3Performance kit) made 488 rwhp and 665 rwtq at 15 psi on a stock 302. On3Performance will crush this kit.
sounds like your numbers are a little inflated to me. I've found that not all dynos are the same, the guy I know with the on3 kit made 360 at the tire on 8psi. and I know another guy with twins on his fox that made about the same on 8psi. the intercooler needs fixed, its going to be soon, don't get your panties in a knot.

OP
OP
W

WarMachine762

Reaction score
wannaboost94gt said:
I am pretty close to you guys, I am thinking about doing the boost bros turbo kit this summer, I am currently putting a forged eagle 347 in to get ready for the boost. You guys need a new video, the first one is from their website and the second one doesn't even say what the turbo kit is. I wanna see yours, I live in Everett, WA but have no idea where Lynden is? Eastern? Maybe I could see it in person? :angel4:

Lynden is north of bellingham, I'm assuming you know where that is. We could meet any night really, I'd love to show you. Yeah the intercooler does hang low but its gonna get changed so everyone get your panties out of a knot!

IceMan

Reaction score
sounds like your numbers are a little inflated to me.

Oh yeah??? Here is Alex's dyno graph.

graph_mustang50_large.jpg

I cant find mine now, but I will post it as soon as I get it.

IceMan

Reaction score
BTW, the car is a stock 302, stock heads, stock cam, stock intake, stock TB, open DP.

OP
OP
W

WarMachine762

Reaction score
aweee thats cute! I'm not sure what your trying to prove here and I don't understand why you think you gotta knock someone after they put all the time and effort into building their car. People like you are bad for this hobby.

IceMan

Reaction score
Listen here. I'm not knocking you. I said good luck with it and I ment it. I'm trying to tell you that your intercooler set up is not the best for everyday driving and you should look into fixing your problem. I'm all about helping people on this board. Go through my posts. Also I get ofFended when someone like yourself calls me out about inflating numbers on a dyno. I have built 12 cars since 2001 when I started in this hobby. I have built anything from a 370 rwhp n/a mustang to a 1000 hp Z06. Maybe you should listen when someone like me gives you an advise.

OP
OP
W

WarMachine762

Reaction score
you dont think I know that? i believe I said i was going to do something about it, but you couldn't hear that over the sound of your ego.

94svtturbo

Reaction score
95_5.0@15 said:
How did you raise it?

Its simple. I trimmed my the top of the intercooler brackets about 2-3 inches then drilled two new holes in them. then just adjusted the piping. Fits perfectlys. I cut them to make the intercooler sit about 1/4 inch higher than the bottom of the radiator support. No problems anymore and it only took me about an hour. and looks amazing!

wannaboost94gt

Reaction score
WarMachine762 said:
wannaboost94gt said:

Lynden is north of bellingham, I'm assuming you know where that is. We could meet any night really, I'd love to show you. Yeah the intercooler does hang low but its gonna get changed so everyone get your panties out of a knot!

Yeah I know where that is, in about two weeks my car should be put back together and I'll take you up on that.

OP
OP
W

WarMachine762

Reaction score
wannaboost94gt said:
WarMachine762 said:
wannaboost94gt said:

Yeah I know where that is, in about two weeks my car should be put back together and I'll take you up on that.

sounds good

IceMan

Reaction score
2kblacksleeper said:
Just to clarify, Is On3 going to be doing a kit for the SN-95?
Yes. They are finishing it up now. They have one made but he is making it better now and you can keep your A/C too.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
IceMan said:
2kblacksleeper said:
Yes. They are finishing it up now. They have one made but he is making it better now and you can keep your A/C too.

Very interesting!

2kblacksleeper

Reaction score
javi said:
IceMan said:
2kblacksleeper said:

Very interesting!

Any chance to see any links about this? I'll be looking for a kit in a few months.

This sounds like it will be the right ticket.

John

jabird

Reaction score
Congratulations WarMachine,
you should be very proud of all the work you did. Your pictures are good, too. BTW I found a company called Tredstone that makes a air/air intercooler that fits our cars. Check it out, and good luck!

IceMan

Reaction score
2kblacksleeper said:
javi said:
IceMan said:
2kblacksleeper said:

Very interesting!

Any chance to see any links about this? I'll be looking for a kit in a few months.

This sounds like it will be the right ticket.

John
He is going to update the web site soon.

badass98svt

Reaction score
IceMan said:

What about the 4V kit? is it completely a bolt-on in my 98? can i keep my ps and A/C?
Was just looking at these kits on Ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online