Boost Brothers install

nightmarechevy

Reaction score
I'm not in a HUGE rush to finish it so I haven't tried to get in contact with them yet, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem before I called them up. The pics earlier were quick cell phone pics as I was walking out the door but I will try to get some better pics tonight when the cam battery is charged up. I haven't seen another kit with the same style crossover but I feel like they might have thrown the wrong one in the box. I also did not receive the EGR blockoff plate, the oil return line, or one of the oil return fittings although I have access to them all at work so it wasn't a big deal at all. So far I am pretty impressed with the way everything fits with my a/c lines and compressor still in. I have some header wrap that I will be putting in a few places but so far keeping the a/c doesn't look out of the question.

nightmarechevy

Reaction score
I emailed them last night and had an email from them this morning at 7 am when I woke up this morning. The email was literally "flip the crossover and leave the headers a little loose before tightening it all up." The crossover only goes on one way so I don't see how I could possibly flip it. Here are some more pics:
DSCN0410.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

I wonder if the ASP underdrive pulley will help clearance? I might have to order one and give it a shot since their information was less than helpful.

94svtturbo

Reaction score
I dont see how you could flip it either. Did you email back saying that you dont know how to flip it? I went out and looked at my car and i have an inch or inch and a half of clearance with my crossover pipe

shaunk

Reaction score
I would link them to this post or send them the pictures. That cross over is nothing like mine at all.

nightmarechevy

Reaction score
Yeah, it is literally touching. It is fairly tight against the pulley. I haven't tried but I doubt I could even turn the engine over with a ratchet and socket. I have been out of town all weekend but I am getting ready to send the pictures to them and see what they think. I wouldn't doubt if it is the wrong pipe all together with the gap I had when I tried to connect it to the driver side manifold. Please keep in mind I am not trying to air out my laundry on the internet without talking to them about the situation, I was just curious to see if anyone else has had the problem and whether my pipe looks to be the correct version that everyone else has. With all of the reviews about great fitment I have read I doubt that it is the correct pipe.

badass98svt said:
Damn bro, that's a little too close for me.

5.slower

Reaction score
Mine is not as close like yours but if I have problems with it I will just take it to a muffler shop and have them put a bend in it.

nightmarechevy

Reaction score
I thought about doing that but the pipe was a few inches short when I was trying to install it so I might just order another v band clamp and 2 of the pipe ends and welding up a 3 or 4 inch spacer to clamp in line and bring it out to where it should be and clear the crank pulley. I just hate having to go through extra time and money on a kit that is supposed to bolt up and would rather the company make it right and stand by their product but thats life I guess. It is more of a principle thing than anything else. Oh well I guess I'll quit whining and go take care of it myself.

nightmarechevy

Reaction score
I still cannot seem to get ahold of them to find a solution so I guess I'm going to modify it. I wish I would have found the on3 kit before, it looks like a much better kit in terms of fitment. I am very unimpressed with the fitment of this kit so far.

94svtturbo

Reaction score
That sucks they didnt get back to you. When i was trying to get a hold of them it took a bit of time for them to respond. like 2 days. which i thought was too long. That is my biggest complaint about them with my kit. Customer service is almost nonexistent. I have noticed On3 is very good about that tho

jbojones

Reaction score
I have the BoostBros turbo kit, their customer service sucks but for $1200 their turbo kit is a great deal. I have replaced the Chingsu Chinese turbo (garbage) with a 67mm precision turbo. I have Performer RPM heads, Systemax intake, 60# injectors, 75mm TB, SCT BA2400, a AEM meth kit and a MSD digital 6 ignition. I got a mail order tune from Bob Kurgan and put down 513/552 @12# of boost. I finished it in late November so I will post some 1/4 mile times in the spring

zero_chance

Reaction score
I bought one of the last 5 kits available. Cant wait to finally put it on over the summer. Have to wait for my next emissions test. 94SVTTurbo I sent you a couple PMs about your install and the guide you mentioned making.

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
hmm.. from reading all of this im glad i made my own..fitment is great :)

ItsASleeperTillItStartsUp

Reaction score
WarMachine762 said:
Just wanted to show off a bit here. I bought a boost brothers turbo kit off of ebay, the kit is great, the pipes all fit great, they areall welded inside and out, it comes with everything you need including hardware, the turbo has no brand on it but its a T67 with T4 flanges, the wastegate and BoV are tial copies and the pipes are all stainless steel. The turbo is nice and loud and spools really fast, haven't been to the dyno yet but as soon as I do ill post up numbers.

http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt22/WarMachine762/Turbo%20install/

I am looking to buy this kit this month, and I was wondering if you have to lose anything like ABS, Power Steering, or A/C. Also I was wondering how hard of an install it is and what are some of the modifications I need to perform before installing the kit.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online

No members online now.