Bought a new sub now what amp to buy?

97vertstang

Reaction score
my friend has 3 of those on his f150 and the bump!!!!! :thumb: and yes he got hes for 300 bucks each!!

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Bill94vert said:
94GTSTANG50 said:
Thats not a sub, its a brown box.
dont do that man you actully really scared me... thought i missed something in the add. :slap:

lol, just messing with ya. Nice catch, I need some new subs.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I'd stick with name brands because they won't blow up and set your car on fire within a month of use. Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

OP
OP
Bill94vert

Bill94vert

Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
I'd stick with name brands because they won't blow up and set your car on fire within a month of use. Like everything else, you get what you pay for.
:noes: good way to ruin a nice day. ya i wasnt too serious about that amp anyways. anyone have a suggestion on which to buy?

94gtstang50

Reaction score
The amps are what kill you when buying a sub b/c they always cost the most. JL amps are great quality as are several other brands like Rockford, Alpine...got out of the car audio stuff when I bought the stang, so I don't really know if the quality of pioneer, infinity and kenwood are still up there. You also have to make sure that the amp and sub match up electrically. I paid $200 for my kenwoiod 600w amp 5 years ago, and its still going strong. My friend, a fan of "saving money" has gone through about 5-6 cheap amps costing him more now than it did me for my audio system.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:

that is true in everything you buy :thumb:

97vertstang

Reaction score
while im not a big steroe guy my couisn and my frined are.they both like jl audio for speakers and rockford fosgate and jl audio for amps.for a w3 buy a good known brand that will pick it up.when my friend was building his system the guy at the steroe shop kept telling him about a cheap ass brand.he kept sayin it will pick it up. i told him to get the fosgate. other than the known brands work better , they look better and when people ask u what kind of system u have u want to tell them something nice.how cool would it be to tell people that u have a benne kell blower ;D ???same about steroes.

OP
OP
Bill94vert

Bill94vert

Reaction score
think im going to find a JL 500/1 either new or ebay... i love ebay i have spent so much $$ on there its stupid

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Id stay away from the JBL heard lots of overheating problems.

Hifonics are good amps, their older ones are better (like 02 and down) because they are now part of another company maxxsonic or somthing like that. Either way they are prob good still...id go for it. I had one and some hifonics subs and I was happy with them (although they were their old school stuff). They used to be one of the more respected companys back in the mid 90s.

Tattoogod

Reaction score
ok with a rms of 300 watts,.. you gonna want an amp to run at about 250-300 watts rms into 4Ohms. Ill tell you why..Because if you ever to decide to put more in there.when you bridge it over into 2 Ohms..youll be running around 500 rms to each sub.as for name brands ..WHO CARES. look at the THD. no more than .09 your ears cannot hear it anyhow.most peeps say they hear hiss or its inaccurate.thats because they are using crap wires.or using skinny stuff..they spend tons on the speakers and head unit..but the wire they buy from radio shack off the wire spool.and then use electrical tape to splice it all together. I ran 3 12"audiobahn subs with a 1900 power acoustic amp and 2.4 micro farad cap..and i will tell you when i nice low note hit..your eye sight would go blurry in the car.and take your breath away. personally i love JL audio subs..but when i got these audio bahns..for the price and power handling capability ..hands down on that one..they are sweet . any question s drop me a line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online