bought a set of shocks and struts today

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
so i bought a set of bilstein shocks/struts today from stang suspension just got to wait till they get here. i hope they are good as everyone says they are lol will make me feel a little better about the cost

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
i will love to get some Bilstein they are just a lil $$$ for me

Downshift

Reaction score
Compared to the stockers they are awesome, only other ones I would have gone to is the yellow Konis.... But if I were to switch to anything it would be coil over which is alright cause MM makes a kit for a conversion on the Bilsteins.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Now there is a shock you can build on. Good choice.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
yea i cant wait to get them. my plan is that i one month i am going to have my LCA, MM SFC, Bilstein Shocks/struts, Eibach pro-kit , MM c/c plates and steeda bumpsteer kit. so far i got the LCA, SFC and just waitin on the shocks to be delivered :) i figure all this will be a good basic setup that i can build off of in the future.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
oh quick questions tho.....after i get all this installed will i be able to get rid of those dampers on back and do i have to wait till the springs settle before i get the alignment done?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Wait for the suspension to settle. It usually takes about a week or so to do completely. Or do what I did. Buy lifetime alignment at Firestone.

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
I run Bilsteins on all of my cars, and couldn't see myself running anything else.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
do i have drive the car to let the spring and suspension settle or just let it sit cuz when i put on the new c/c plates my alginment is going to be all fucked up.....isnt that going to wear my tires like crazy?

Downshift

Reaction score
MuscleInc1320 said:
do i have drive the car to let the spring and suspension settle or just let it sit cuz when i put on the new c/c plates my alginment is going to be all fucked up.....isnt that going to wear my tires like crazy?

Not by driving it in a week unless it is WAY fucked up. I mean you can adjust it by eye and that should be fine for the week or so til it settles and you can get it aligned.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I've been driving around without an alignment after a 2.5" drop for about 2k miles and no tread problems. Not saying you will have the same luck but you'd need to be driving around on a bad alignment for a while before you see anything.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
Red said:
I've been driving around without an alignment after a 2.5" drop for about 2k miles and no tread problems. Not saying you will have the same luck but you'd need to be driving around on a bad alignment for a while before you see anything.
true

well my shocks should be getting here today just hope that UPS is actually on time lol

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Camber is not what eats the tires most of the times. Dynamic toe is what will tear up the tire faster than anything else. If you are driving around with toe out, you better believe the inside of the tire will get corded in no time flat.

2navceg.jpg

See how the whole tire has a ton of tread left, and yet the inside tire is down to almost no tread at all. That's -1.2 degrees of camber and 1/8 inch of the toe OUT. You want toe in on RWD car, so you don't have problems like that. Right now I'm running -1.6 degrees of camber and 1/8th inch of a toe in, and the tire gets worn evenly.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
True, but toe-out sure does make a car turn-in well. :) However, I'd never run toe-out on a car that gets driven on the street. Plus, it makes 150 mph blasts down the straightaway a real "adventure". :uglystupid2: :hammer:

Paul.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
well my shocks came in today...lol now all i have to do is install them.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Paul said:
True, but toe-out sure does make a car turn-in well. :) However, I'd never run toe-out on a car that gets driven on the street. Plus, it makes 150 mph blasts down the straightaway a real "adventure". :uglystupid2: :hammer:

Paul.

That's why I had them set for toe out initially. Typically, you see toe out setting on autoX cars for the most part. I don't think I've seen too many (if any) RWD cars with toe out setup for road course.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
That's why I had them set for toe out initially. Typically, you see toe out setting on autoX cars for the most part. I don't think I've seen too many (if any) RWD cars with toe out setup for road course.

I've tried it on the road course. Although certainly an "adventure" it's not something I'd do again. I didn't see enough benefit from it to do it again, and the steering felt nervous. I didn't like it much.

Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online