Brake Upgrade using S197 GT calipers & GT500 14" rotors (Available Now)

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
If you bought stuff off CL, junkyard or used it would be quiet a bit cheaper. I'll be buying these soon.

EDIT:

I just found this.. You could save $60+ on the calipers.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Red-P...stang|Submodel:GT&hash=item462b91da13&vxp=mtr

Yep, those were the ones I got! No Banjo bolts, but they do come with copper washers.

Nice, that's a great deal. I'm also selling a pair for $75 right now that we used for testing fitment. Not powder coated tho

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Put together this video demonstrating installation:
[video=vimeo;114625032]http://vimeo.com/114625032[/video]

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
Well I got everything needed now. Mocked everything up on one side. Bad luck though. My 18x9 American Muscle AMR wheels will not fit over the s197 Brake calipers.
Great quality Kit though. Just make sure you have wheels that will fit.

Mike

MadStang

Reaction score
Well I got everything needed now. Mocked everything up on one side. Bad luck though. My 18x9 American Muscle AMR wheels will not fit over the s197 Brake calipers.

Mike

Post a picture of the clearance problem. Depending on how bad it is you could grind down the caliper to clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

Mike

Post a picture of the clearance problem. Depending on how bad it is you could grind down the caliper to clear.

Agreed

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How many L's swap mustangs you see loose?

All of them?

ZYIuuQs.gif

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure I can make them work. I ground some off the caliper, and got the wheel to slide on. Then saw it was tight (wheel) against the front radius of the caliper. I can grind some off that, or run a wheel spacer. The good thing is these s197 calipers are really meaty. I can take alot off of them without affecting the integrity/strength of them.
I'll be back on this project after the Holidays.
Sorry no pics.

lsmustangx

Reaction score
[MENTION=10188]white95[/MENTION] I see on the website the bash bar? Do you have a thread on it at all? i am super interested in this as of right now due to wanting to save weight on the front end of my car and make room!!! I have a ton of questions about this product along with the 14" brake kit...

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
white95 I see on the website the bash bar? Do you have a thread on it at all? i am super interested in this as of right now due to wanting to save weight on the front end of my car and make room!!! I have a ton of questions about this product along with the 14" brake kit...

Just give me a call and I can answer all your questions, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number.

Dugzy33

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I can make them work. I ground some off the caliper, and got the wheel to slide on. Then saw it was tight (wheel) against the front radius of the caliper. I can grind some off that, or run a wheel spacer. The good thing is these s197 calipers are really meaty. I can take alot off of them without affecting the integrity/strength of them.
I'll be back on this project after the Holidays.
Sorry no pics.

Does this set up work with 18x9
saleen replicas?

SIZE: 18x9
OFFSET: +24 millimeters
BACKSPACE: 5.95 inch
CENTERBORE: 70.8 millimeters

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member