Cali95gt's "College" Build *Update 6/13/2011*

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Re: Cali95gt's "College" Build *Update 1/11/11*

Keep up the good work, thanks for the consideration and I realize your location is the Midwest, not the west coast. whoops lol

OP
OP
C

Cali95gt

Reaction score

white95 said:
Keep up the good work, thanks for the consideration and I realize your location is the Midwest, not the west coast. whoops lol
i'm actually located in California

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

nice collection of parts!

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score

hahaha i just noticed im not the only one that finds shrink wrap useful LOL!

I swear i tend to shrink wrap just about every part i have

OP
OP
C

Cali95gt

Reaction score

So yesterday I started on the headswap. While doing so I wedged the clip in which holds the distributor cap down in between the head and block.. This was a disaster. The motor would not turn over manually so it was torn back down today and the piece removed.
3c73a46d.jpg

9c94c744.jpg

That's the damage that was done. Now I must bring the heads to a machine shop to be fixed.. I'm super depressed right now, "What are we without our cars"...

blackpony

Reaction score
Re: Cali95gt's "College" Build *Update 1/22/11*

that f'n sux man..

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score

nice build man, sounds like me with my heads
I buy "like new" PI heads
send them to MMR for a $1000 p/p + valvejob
after installing cams, taking them out, and taking the heads to a machine shop I have to spend $600 for new cam caps and a line bore.....its always something

yuke175

Reaction score

any side pics with the 17s and 18s combo

Newman

Reaction score

cool build!!!

OP
OP
C

Cali95gt

Reaction score

Update: after having the car down for a week damn near finally got it back on the road. Headswap is complete finally. All that's needed is a new coil since I broke my other one and am currently borrowing a friend's. Sighing a few weeks a should have the blower installed and a video of my dyno. Stay tuned and thanks everyone

OP
OP
C

Cali95gt

Reaction score

Update: 2/6/2011- ok guys I have driven the car a total of 700 miles since the head/intake swap. The car has new found power, especially with the longtubes the car really pulls in the higher RPM's when compared to stock. It's amazing to me how well the car runs with the longtubes and no tune. I was expecting it to have constant bucking but it drives fine. The only thing left to do now is throw the blower on and get a tune.. Stay tuned.

Also I picked up a new set of wheels from a local guy. Real 03 Cobras for $250, I'll be ordering some 10.5's for the rear and installing drags. I'm finally satisfied with these wheels after going through 4 previous sets.

c3e08d7f.jpg

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Re: Cali95gt's "College" Build *Update 2/6/2011*

Lookin good Cali Bro.

OP
OP
C

Cali95gt

Reaction score
Re: Cali95gt's "College" Build *Update 2/6/2011*

Update 4/7/11: so it's been a while since I've updated. Many of you are prob wondering do I have the blower on yet. The answer is no. I held off on installing it to accumulate some more "Go-Fast" parts. Blower install/tune is set for the first week of May. Stay tuned.

Snow Performance "Stage 2" Methanol-Injection kit with dual nozzles (w/ rear mounted 2.5 gallon tank)
4e219e44.jpg

Crane Cam 2031- very nice blower cam and 94/95 friendly in N/A form
cf536121.jpg

Pro-M 80mm MAF calibrated for 24lb injectors
81ac5f07.jpg

Crane 1.7 Pedestal mount Silver Roller Rockers
*waiting on UPS*

So I'll be installing the cam in the car next weekend in preparation for the blower install. The blower should be installed 2-3 weeks after. With the H/C/I and Meth injection I should most def make it to 450-475rwhp... That's enough for the stock shortblock and transmission. I'll be waiting until those things actually blow until I replace them. Till then I'll be driving like a mad man.... Let's see if it'll last this entire summer

OP
OP
C

Cali95gt

Reaction score
*Major Update**

Ok I haen't been on the site in a while due to take a wild guess, this mustang again...Well lets start with the update: Instead of installing the blower, again I had delayed it and went another route. I have gotten my Crane 2031 installed and replaced the oil pan gasket as well (It was screwed and needed replacing bad). Well my mechanic took a extra long time doing this, He works on mustangs on the side so I couldn't really complain with the price I was paying.

Problems- So 2 weeks ago my car was finally buttoned up and ready to go. With my H/C/I set-up I figured I should b running 30lb injectors however I snagged a good deal on some 24lb injectors and matching Pro-M MAF... Long story short the car ran like sh*t upon first start up. We went through every trouble shooting method you could think of. I thought the cam was causing the car to run like this and was one week from just getting the car towed to my tuner and getting an N/A tune...In a last ditced effort we swapped back on the stock 19lb injectors and stock MAF...

Conclusion- She started right up and idled damn near perfect!!!!! I had the biggest smile on my face. Took it for a test drive and for being a H/C/I car w/95 computer it ran smoothly.. only thing is my idle is set around 900rpms which make it hard to hear the entire lope of the cam...

Some Pics of the progress: On the Engine stand...
e7d6abac.jpg

560f0b50.jpg

Next- Now that I have my H/C/I installed the next thing for sure this time guys is the blower install. I know many are curious to see what #'s I make but to be honest I'm confident I'll make my #'s, which are mid to high 400's with a stock shortblock...

Updated Future Plans- I had orginally planned on swapping in a 351W when my stock shortblock went but now I've changed my mind. I'll be building a "Boss" block 302 with the same parts and throwing 15lbs of boost with my meth at it. This will most def have me eliminating lots O' people on the road.

New Parts- I'm running my own personal 50/50 mix when it comes to Meth

57092296.jpg

VT_svt

Reaction score
Nice set up, cant wait to see the numbers this thing puts down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online