Carbon Fiber Saleen T1 race spoiler

Thomas_W

Reaction score
What are you going to do regarding mounting hardware? Will studs be molded into the wing with bracing/support?

Id be down for one depending on price of course

I'll likely put a 1/2" thick block of aluminum that will be drilled and tapped for bolts. But studs may be possible depending on how the original wing is done.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
2 pieced of 1/2" aluminum drilled/tapped - price just went up a few bucks

Lol. I have a small metal lathe. So i can buy 2" rod stock and cut it as needed. :)

i learned growing up that going cheap typically works, but it doesnt always work well for long, so spending a few bucks more is typically worth while.

Im looking forward to this project, it should be fun. :)

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Lol. I have a small metal lathe. So i can buy 2" rod stock and cut it as needed. :)

i learned growing up that going cheap typically works, but it doesnt always work well for long, so spending a few bucks more is typically worth while.

Im looking forward to this project, it should be fun. :)

with how much material you currently have how many do you think can be made? looks like we have maybe 3 or 4 bids for a cf t1 other than myself.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
@Frank.JD.Perez - You should make a poll to get an estimate of who would commit to buy, who might buy, etc.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Thomas and I still need to work out some details, but I won't be buying the spoiler until end of October. I also don't want to throw a project at Thomas if he doesn't have the space currently available to complete the project since he currently is going through some major life changes

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thomas and I still need to work out some details, but I won't be buying the spoiler until end of October. I also don't want to throw a project at Thomas if he doesn't have the space currently available to complete the project since he currently is going through some major life changes

Hopefully not like Bruce Jenner major.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
with how much material you currently have how many do you think can be made? looks like we have maybe 3 or 4 bids for a cf t1 other than myself.

Ive probably got enough CF for 2, maybe three. Core material i have more than enough for 15-20. I'll need to get some more vacuum bagging tubes and consumables, but that is all sourced in the US. Even getting the CF from germany only takes about 3-4 days.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I will buy depending on how long were talking.

As a wild guess, i would say the molds would be ready early To mid Feb.

I'm in training currently with a new company that should be rapped up around mid october. The. I'll get a gauranteed 11 days off a month, so i wont have a ton of time to devote to it directly every time. The biggest hurdle right now is we are home shopping and i have absolutely zero shop space, so until we find a house, nothing will really get done

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FYI: I will pay a premium to ensure that the mounting system is adequate. These were designed to provide incredible downforce -- not as much as the ricer double-wing (this was an after thought, if I remember correctly, after the double-wing was banned from competition), but a crap-ton nonetheless.

That being said, the genuine saleen S281 wings have studs into the fiberglass and they've been known to fail. Considering how much these T1s are going to cost and how hard they are to fine. I dont give a shit if its $450.00 instead of $400.00 to ensure that it's got strong mounting. I'd rather spend the extra $50.00 for you o build them for durability than an extra $400.00 on a new one just to use it for car shows because it cant stand up to the job....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online