Centri blower with Nitrous

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the video Witchers...just watched it and some pretty interesting info.

If gains are so great I wonder why not many guys are running multiple power adders??

Wichers123

Reaction score
Thanks for the video Witchers...just watched it and some pretty interesting info.

If gains are so great I wonder why not many guys are running multiple power adders??
Because most people can hit their goal with most times just one. Think of it like this meth is mainly on when needed and nitrous will also be the same.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I guess most 2v guys are just happy with 400-500rwhp lol

Wichers123

Reaction score
The biggest problem with mod motors are they are expensive most can build a push rod motor for half the money a mod can be built for. Also the displacement holds the motors back a lot. That's why ls series motors are waaaaay ahead and more popular.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
eh I guess. I can tell you a 408 build is not cheaper though lol. I have an almost completed one in the garage and probably just as much money if not more into an n/a build than this modular has

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
But I hear ya on the LS motors. I also have a 99 WS6 completely built up and it was about 1/4 the money into it and similar power

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
I have split fogger and i have a dry nozzle. I have a dynotune kit i've had for several years. Fuel/nitrous/purge solenoids. I have WOT switch and window switch. I'm looking to do a low/mid rpm 50 shot.
I also have a dry carb plate kit.

Sent by smoke signals

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I have split fogger and i have a dry nozzle. I have a dynotune kit i've had for several years. Fuel/nitrous/purge solenoids. I have WOT switch and window switch. I'm looking to do a low/mid rpm 50 shot.
I also have a dry carb plate kit.

Sent by smoke signals

Good stuff. Let me know when you start the install

shoua50

Reaction score
Ok dude, u need to use a wet kit cause the kit will supply its own fuel, timing will have to b turned down a few degrees depending on how much u want to spray even with your meth kit. Generally on supercharged motors fuel pressure will rise with boost pressure for instance if u r making 20 psi and base fuel is at 45 psi then on a 1 to 1 rario you fuel pressure will b at 65 psi at 20 psi of boost so make sure what ever fuel system u r using can support it. Tuning is a must cause fuel and n20 jets in efi n20 kits r usually set up for 40 -45 psi of fuel pressure. What that means is if the instructions say use a 65 jet for n20 and a 42 jet for fuel to get 100 hp then u will b running way rich cause your fuel pressure will b 20 psi higher due to boost pressure raising your fuel pressure. I had to drop 2 jet sizes for the fuel because of that as soon as we hit the n20 my air/fuel went way rich 8 to 1. Everybody thinks that n20 adds more air so u get more power, not completely true, n20 creates more cylinder pressure, that's what creates more power. Also remember the extra n20 mixed with fuel is being pushed into the cylinders and not drawn in, so 100 hp shot is gonna b more than a 100 shot, make sure your motor can handle it. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Ok dude, u need to use a wet kit cause the kit will supply its own fuel, timing will have to b turned down a few degrees depending on how much u want to spray even with your meth kit. Generally on supercharged motors fuel pressure will rise with boost pressure for instance if u r making 20 psi and base fuel is at 45 psi then on a 1 to 1 rario you fuel pressure will b at 65 psi at 20 psi of boost so make sure what ever fuel system u r using can support it. Tuning is a must cause fuel and n20 jets in efi n20 kits r usually set up for 40 -45 psi of fuel pressure. What that means is if the instructions say use a 65 jet for n20 and a 42 jet for fuel to get 100 hp then u will b running way rich cause your fuel pressure will b 20 psi higher due to boost pressure raising your fuel pressure. I had to drop 2 jet sizes for the fuel because of that as soon as we hit the n20 my air/fuel went way rich 8 to 1. Everybody thinks that n20 adds more air so u get more power, not completely true, n20 creates more cylinder pressure, that's what creates more power. Also remember the extra n20 mixed with fuel is being pushed into the cylinders and not drawn in, so 100 hp shot is gonna b more than a 100 shot, make sure your motor can handle it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all of the knowledge on this topic. My fuel system consists of a Glennsperformance 1000hp kit (sumped tank, inline filter, two 300lph walbro external pumps, twin 6 feed lines, single 8 return, edelbrock rails, Aeromotive FPR, and 60# injectors). I can easily upgrade injectors to 80# if need be and I can also convert my twin walbro setup to a triblock with a 3rd walbro if need be as well. So I think my fuel system should be up to far. My bottom end I built myself, but I run a Cobra crank, Manley H beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts, Manley platinum series pistons 18cc. The motor is completely studded out and I run Felpro cometic head gaskets.

Considering I was going with the plate system, I would probably only start with a 50 shot, and I would imagine gains would be upwards of 100rwhp.

The whole Fuelpressure information makes sense and I appreciate the input on that as well.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll be running spray with my vortech this season were tapping the throttle body and running it right at the tb . I'm way to lazy to take the kit off and cooler iat's are always a bonus

330CubeGt

Reaction score
What happend to 6"-8" from the throttle body. I seen a few with the nozzle in the tb or the plenum. Wtf is going on here...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What happend to 6"-8" from the throttle body. I seen a few with the nozzle in the tb or the plenum. Wtf is going on here...

+1!!!

When did directly-into-the-hole start?

cars are like women... 8" of fine lovin' before you spray the hole.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
hahaha thats some funny stuff.

I would have considered mounting nozzles that way but I already have a tri nozzle meth system musturd.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I know your nozzled out .... As for the 6-8 from the throttle body I've never ran nitrous in that fashion always closer to the tb with great results

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Got ya. I'm really curious to see how your setup responds with the juice. Are you running a bottle warmer/purge/remote bottle opener?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a bottle heater , purge the remote opener still needs to be hooked up

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
See one set up a guy tapped his egr block of plate for a nitrous port..... Idk if he actually sprayed or if it was just for looks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online