Civic for Lunch, I think I've got some V-Tech in my teeth!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No matter how fast your civic is, in the end you're still driving a civic.
Your 800whp front wheel drive civic isn't gonna pull *****es and neither is your vtec.

With that said, I am a complete ricer. My exhaust terrifies people on the road.
Little do they know my little mustang has like 170 hp.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
It doesn't take much to make a honda quick from a roll. Like he said they can be light as crap. If he really was 2200lbs and 320fwhp than a 500rwhp termi would have its hands full from a roll considering it would weigh close to 3800lbs. Anything can happen on the street, but on the strip its rare to see a high powered civic with only 4k into it that will hook worth a darn. All things considered we all know which the nicer car is.

Racing from a roll isnt racing.

If you cant beat the car from a dig its not winning.

Thats one thing that always pissed me off with the honda guys...like im not racing you from a ****ing roll, just because you bought a fwd piece of shit that cant handle going from a dig doesnt make that my problem.

1997coupe

Reaction score
VuuaZ.jpg

ldmiller281

Reaction score
i used to have a 12 second 347 powered fox. cruising around, these honda guys would try to race me. after beating one easily he asked if i had a turbo. he gave me a stupid look when i said no and then asked what i had. when i replied that i had a 347 stroker, he gave me that same stupid look. i also raced a turbo honda. after beating him, he swore that i must have nitrous. a lot of those guys don't seem to understand how much power an engine almost 3x the size of theirs can make. i can respect a fast honda but there aren't many around. there are too many cartards in the world.

rideorange812

Reaction score
I think you underestimate what these mustangs can do with a few grand in the right place that is actually dedicated to going fast and it seems that the honda guys have a real tendency to leave a lot of things out when they talk about their builds and how much they cost. They all seem to magically have 10k worth of shit in their car for 2k and so on.

What was your car tuned with? Did you have larger injectors? Fuel pump? Did you race this cobra from a dig or a roll?

Did this car ever go to the track? Got any 1/4 mile runs?

Beating X car with X power means nothing really as they could suck at driving or a number of other things.
I think your assuming I'm a import guy when the slowest car i've ever owned was my honda, i was just stating dollar for dollar a honda is faster. I am partial to mustangs as I have owned about 6 now. The honda I got was 2k with a gsr swap, i got a ebay ramhorn for like 150, ebay injectors for 200ish, walbro 255 140, cummins hx35 80 bucks, a cheap intercooler and piping for 200, and plumbed it with lowes home improvement goods, and mail order tune on 12psi. The car would not build any boost whaat so ever till I hit vtec which I had set at 5,500 and I shifted it at 9,200 which is extremely tough on a stock gsr.. oh well it was my beater.

I'm not trying to start a war, I just go off of the fact its cheaper to build a street honda, after a certain point it is useless, as rlz engineering makes 1000 whp and is barely in the 6.20s in the 1/8. My friends 03 cobra I beat ran a 8.20 at 1/8 on street setup with wheel spin . and the race was from a 3rd gear roll. I have been around drag racing all my life and I have no reason to deny the displacement rule... anyways just my input

you say roll racing isn't a race? i guess since i stated it was my daily driver i had no need to take the car to the track. all the you tube wins of roll racing i guess are deemed invalid as well? a roll race just allows both cars to race from a equal ground if one has traction issues... obviously drag racing rules don't apply to evertyhing or we wouldn't have street racing...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think your assuming I'm a import guy when the slowest car i've ever owned was my honda, i was just stating dollar for dollar a honda is faster. I am partial to mustangs as I have owned about 6 now. The honda I got was 2k with a gsr swap, i got a ebay ramhorn for like 150, ebay injectors for 200ish, walbro 255 140, cummins hx35 80 bucks, a cheap intercooler and piping for 200, and plumbed it with lowes home improvement goods, and mail order tune on 12psi. The car would not build any boost whaat so ever till I hit vtec which I had set at 5,500 and I shifted it at 9,200 which is extremely tough on a stock gsr.. oh well it was my beater.

I'm not trying to start a war, I just go off of the fact its cheaper to build a street honda, after a certain point it is useless, as rlz engineering makes 1000 whp and is barely in the 6.20s in the 1/8. My friends 03 cobra I beat ran a 8.20 at 1/8 on street setup with wheel spin . and the race was from a 3rd gear roll. I have been around drag racing all my life and I have no reason to deny the displacement rule... anyways just my input

you say roll racing isn't a race? i guess since i stated it was my daily driver i had no need to take the car to the track. all the you tube wins of roll racing i guess are deemed invalid as well? a roll race just allows both cars to race from a equal ground if one has traction issues... obviously drag racing rules don't apply to evertyhing or we wouldn't have street racing...

What about the hot side? Exhaust? Wastegate? Bov? Im not saying its not possible to build a honda cheaper...but by the same token I could go build a mustang with all craigslist and ebay parts and it could be a cheaper build than someones turbo honda that they used better parts in.

Not everyone builds their hondas over ebay so to say hondas are always cheaper to build is still not true.

Yea, because a douchebag posts a video of him roll racing on youtube it makes it valid...are you ****ing kidding me? lol Roll racing is gay. Real street racers still race from a dig. I have no problem roll racing someone but 99/100 times the people that wanna roll race WONT race from a dig at all because their cars are such turds...you think I dont have issues with traction in a 500 hp rwd car on street tires? Its just a cop out ricer move cause they know their light weight cars with high revving engines that are probably turbo charged and need to spool are only quick from a roll. My mustang was set up more for 1/4 mile racing....it def. was a better car from a dig than it was from a roll with the automatic so I dont think a roll race is equal grounds at all, especially considering the race would be over in a matter of seconds since my car would top out at 120 mph.

My mustang was my DD for like 6 years...I still took it to the track to get some numbers....thats no excuse.

Bottom line is your friend couldnt drive worth dick and or had his car setup like shit cause 8.20 in the 1/8th translates to like 12.80 in the 1/4 and my stock 2v longblock car with a vortech making 385 rwhp went 11.30s.

Again, beating X car doesnt mean shit if you cant show me a slip...bottom line is I bet my vortech only 2v would have walked all over your honda and realistically thats a stock 99-04 auto mustang with a 1500 dollar vortech kit and a 500 dollar torque converter or a 96-98 mustang with a few hundred dollars in PI parts and the previously mentioned.

I still think if you put the money in the right place and skip the bullshit you can make a mustang go faster for the same $ as a honda.

Anyways, dont mean to start a war either, just dont agree that the hondas are cheaper to make fast.

You claim the honda is the slowest car youve owned...you're telling me your cammed 98 cobra and 05 cummins are faster than your honda that beats 500 rwhp terminators?

rideorange812

Reaction score
Too each his own lol never the less I would still build a mustang. I don't really cout my cobra seeing I haven't finished it up with the turbo yet as I'm still finishing up issues before i do, my cummins isn't a car but it does roll out from a dig. Just on fuel mods it probably makes 520 rwhp goin off other trucks and ass meter. Anyways good day no hard feelings. :headbang:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Too each his own lol never the less I would still build a mustang. I don't really cout my cobra seeing I haven't finished it up with the turbo yet as I'm still finishing up issues before i do, my cummins isn't a car but it does roll out from a dig. Just on fuel mods it probably makes 520 rwhp goin off other trucks and ass meter. Anyways good day no hard feelings.

Ahh, should be badass when you turbo it, look forward to seeing it in action.

Yep..to each his own, id never build a Honda but I can actually respect the guys going fast with them even if I dont like them or agree with the Honda ways. lol

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Rideorange, of course it's cheaper to build, ITS A CHEAP CAR!!! Also 12.8s are not that fast, My car has full exhaust, CAI, canned tune, build rear end with 4.10s and I'm running 12.8, my car is basically bone stock and is by no means fast. And the guy in the termy either did NOT have 500rwhp, or couldn't drive for sh*t. My car runs 8.1 in the 1/8th and it only makes 298rwhp, full weight car with heavy 18" chromes up front and steel wheels as donor slick rims...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rideorange, of course it's cheaper to build, ITS A CHEAP CAR!!! Also 12.8s are not that fast, My car has full exhaust, CAI, canned tune, build rear end with 4.10s and I'm running 12.8, my car is basically bone stock and is by no means fast. And the guy in the termy either did NOT have 500rwhp, or couldn't drive for sh*t. My car runs 8.1 in the 1/8th and it only makes 298rwhp, full weight car with heavy 18" chromes up front and steel wheels as donor slick rims...

Yea..im gonna say he had street tires on it and couldnt drive or he just didnt have 500 rwhp. A 500 rwhp termi can move...avg, most guys run mid/high 11s...then youve got the guys that can really drive and will go high 10s driving its balls off with some good tires.

Thats also why I said beating X car is irrelevant due to driver error, tires, or just people lying and saying they have 500 rwhp when they have 400 rwhp lol.

Stanimal

Reaction score
im not trying to piss anyone off, but i know of 3 hondas that are street legal, pass nj state emmisions, and would probably stomp all over 90% of mustangs. One is a 950hp race/720hp pump car, the other is 1100 race/850 pump car. They move. Somewhere there is a video of the lower hp car doing 208 mph. The third car, would probably catch everyone who ever sees it off guard. Its a mid engine, rwd Crx using all stock honda parts. We mounted a fwd motor, trans and suspension in the back of the car. total cost of the build was $2900. We started with a bare shell, cut the rear floor out, cut the nose off a wrecked 94 integra, welded the nose into the rear of the crx (front frame horns of integra match perfect to the rear subframe of crx), built a full cage from front strut towers through the firewall to the rear strut towers, and put a boosted ls/vtec motor in it. It made 12 lbs of boost and had a lsd b16 trans, which is a really short geared trans for hondas. For suspention we made most of it, ran 15x10 wheels front and rear, rolled the quarter panels 4 inches to fit, and the front we made the upper and lower a arms from scratch. Most of the cost of the build was driveline and body parts. All new wheel bearings, ARP extended wheel studs, and the wheels/tires were a good chunk of it. When it was all said and done, the car looked better then brand new, had all the luxeries of a stock car, and ran sub 10's limited only by the fact we didnt have a wheelie bar on it. 390hp and 1900# curb weight, balanced perfectly 50/50. Its a road racing monster.

I am by no means, saying all or nearly all Hondas are fast. Most are pimply little homos whos parents wallets cant afford anything better. But, there, a select few who LOVE Hondas and their simplicity. The white hatch still gets over 30mpg around town, and can be a monster with a twitch of your foot. I own one, runs high 13's and is my daily driver. Its lowered, but no gay body kits or anything of the sort. Besides the fart can, it appears stock. I drive upwards of 300 miles a day for work, getting paid $.55 a mile. Getting 40mpg is very nice in that situation. Respect the people who put time into their cars, be it a fiat, a honda, or a built terminator. If they put the time in, then its what THEY want and respect their passions

The crx we started with, literally, a stripped shell

8_zps8a815fe3.jpg

After (with a stock ls motor for testing, ran a 12.9 1/4)

l_zpsd97fa253.jpg

2_zps40e21b5e.jpg

1_zps0e933333.jpg

The 92 hatchback

4_zps1cf4a98c.jpg

6_zps1b7ee712.jpg

The crx with 1100 hp, still in the mockup stages before it was finished. Normally, ran on street tires.

7_zpsa531b882.jpg

Stanimal

Reaction score
Edit*

All cars shown above were built by us, no schooling, in our garages, 100%. Nothing was done other then dyno'ing the cars outside of us, a bunch of pimply faced 20 year olds, including buolding the engines themselves.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
all this bla-bla and not one picture of the O.P??

we're going to need pictures of the driver, mustang sally. ;-)

Nacho98

Reaction score
Roll racing is for fags, even when LS1 F-bodies do it.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
im not trying to piss anyone off, but i know of 3 hondas that are street legal, pass nj state emmisions, and would probably stomp all over 90% of mustangs. One is a 950hp race/720hp pump car, the other is 1100 race/850 pump car. They move. Somewhere there is a video of the lower hp car doing 208 mph. The third car, would probably catch everyone who ever sees it off guard. Its a mid engine, rwd Crx using all stock honda parts. We mounted a fwd motor, trans and suspension in the back of the car. total cost of the build was $2900. We started with a bare shell, cut the rear floor out, cut the nose off a wrecked 94 integra, welded the nose into the rear of the crx (front frame horns of integra match perfect to the rear subframe of crx), built a full cage from front strut towers through the firewall to the rear strut towers, and put a boosted ls/vtec motor in it. It made 12 lbs of boost and had a lsd b16 trans, which is a really short geared trans for hondas. For suspention we made most of it, ran 15x10 wheels front and rear, rolled the quarter panels 4 inches to fit, and the front we made the upper and lower a arms from scratch. Most of the cost of the build was driveline and body parts. All new wheel bearings, ARP extended wheel studs, and the wheels/tires were a good chunk of it. When it was all said and done, the car looked better then brand new, had all the luxeries of a stock car, and ran sub 10's limited only by the fact we didnt have a wheelie bar on it. 390hp and 1900# curb weight, balanced perfectly 50/50. Its a road racing monster.

I am by no means, saying all or nearly all Hondas are fast. Most are pimply little homos whos parents wallets cant afford anything better. But, there, a select few who LOVE Hondas and their simplicity. The white hatch still gets over 30mpg around town, and can be a monster with a twitch of your foot. I own one, runs high 13's and is my daily driver. Its lowered, but no gay body kits or anything of the sort. Besides the fart can, it appears stock. I drive upwards of 300 miles a day for work, getting paid $.55 a mile. Getting 40mpg is very nice in that situation. Respect the people who put time into their cars, be it a fiat, a honda, or a built terminator. If they put the time in, then its what THEY want and respect their passions

The crx we started with, literally, a stripped shell

8_zps8a815fe3.jpg

After (with a stock ls motor for testing, ran a 12.9 1/4)

l_zpsd97fa253.jpg

2_zps40e21b5e.jpg

1_zps0e933333.jpg

The 92 hatchback

4_zps1cf4a98c.jpg

6_zps1b7ee712.jpg

The crx with 1100 hp, still in the mockup stages before it was finished. Normally, ran on street tires.

7_zpsa531b882.jpg

Did you just claim it cost 2900 dollars to build an 1100 HP car?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fwd is still gay and Hondas are still gay econoboxes to me.

You can make anything fast...so the fact that people obsessed with the things can make them fast isn't a surprise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online