Civic for Lunch, I think I've got some V-Tech in my teeth!

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Did you just claim it cost 2900 dollars to build an 1100 HP car?
The RWD frankenstein CRX is the one they built for 2900, which I call BS, there is NO WAY you guys paid 2900 to build a 10 second car. Fuel system and drivetrain to back the power alone would be that. How much did those other cars cost to build? Again, we aren't saying Hondas are bad, but just like anything, it DOES take money to get them going fast.

poisonbl

Reaction score
The RWD frankenstein CRX is the one they built for 2900, which I call BS, there is NO WAY you guys paid 2900 to build a 10 second car. Fuel system and drivetrain to back the power alone would be that. How much did those other cars cost to build? Again, we aren't saying Hondas are bad, but just like anything, it DOES take money to get them going fast.

For some reason, I can't help but think one of their parents owns a Honda graveyard... because, frankly, given a yard with enough vehicles at your disposal, prices start to drop dramatically for ~90% of the vehicle, and then the only thing that costs money is the few specific parts that can't be retrofitted from the pile out back...

sn95jones

Reaction score
A Kia soul thought his hamster wagon was fast tonight...
On my way home following behind a very clean S197 GT with cobra badging fr500 wheels and lowered. Anyway he thought he was cool and did a fly by. At first we both just laughed at the guy, mind you I have no idea who the guy in the other mustang is. After a few miles we finally got fed up with the guy and threw it down and left the kia in the dust. we then lined up gave eachother a thumbs up and went our own ways

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Stanimal

Reaction score
we have quite the collection of stuff we have kept off customers cars, scrapped cars, and cars whos owners upgraded to bigger stuff. did the stuff cost money? depends how you look at it. over the course of 10 years and 2 pieces of property that look like a rednecks dreamhouse theres a lot to work with. a 10 second car that weighs sub 2000lbs with 10" wide tires and good weight over the rear isnt hard. fuel system? pfft on a honda thats a walboro 255 in tank, stock rail, stock eclipse injectors, stock honda filter and lines and a adjustable fpr. thats good to about 400whp. tuning costs a whole $2.95 for a chip, we have over 20 ecu's on shelf we get at a upull junkyard for $8 a piece,and cars get tuned with crome on the fly datalogging, using a innovative air/fuel meter. piping is shit we have laying around. 1 summit 3" universal exhaust pipe kit will make 3-4 turbo setups, including downpipe and charge pipes. with that car, we used a cbr600 muffler, and for cooling pipes to the front we used aluminum swimming pool ladders, cut and tig welded together then polished so nobody would ever know. stock radiator up front. we paid $300 for a 94 integra with 119k on it rear ended really bad. gave us 99% of the driveline. we build cars, kids wreck the cars, we strip the cars and scrap them for the kids and our payment is usually the scrap cash and whatever parts we want within reason. in my yard, currently, is a mini personal scrapyard for old ford pickups and mid 90's hondas. thats just my stash. theres a saying, you can have 2 of these 3. cheap, reliable, fast. never 3. well you can have all 3, by bardering and working hard. Making your own intake manifolds and turbo headers help make power for basically free as well. Intake was made from scrap piping, header was made with a old 4-1 for a civic.

this also used a 70mm mustang tb that we got for next to nothing. wish i had a pic of the inside, the outer chamber was welded after the ports were smoothed out. much better then ANY cast manifold out there and dyno proved it.

10_zps72763663.jpg

11_zps5e6e8b71.jpg

final stages
13_zpsc403edd8.jpg

Stanimal

Reaction score
by the way, im 27 and got all my own shit myself. my dads a septic pumper, doesnt own a honda nor has any idea where to begin to work on one. he is old school. my buddies dad owns a coca cola route, same thing, old school. give em a old caddy, chevy or ford, they know their shit. anything newer then 1980 and their lost lol

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's cool....everyone here still hates hondas bro lol

I respect what you can do with fabricating and shit laying around though

RichV

Reaction score
With all due respect....

It's cool what you guys are putting together on the cheap. But when you say it's cheap, or dollar for dollar modding a Honda is cheaper is not really true. It may be FOR YOU, but not for the normal person. Obviously having fabrication skills and a boatload of freebies makes anything cheap. If you look at it from the common person's perspective, you have a garage with basic hand tools, access to junkyards and craigslist, and obviously the internet. How cheap and fast could that Honda really get? I mean there are not a whole lot of fast Hondas out here that I've seen.

If I took a budget of $3000, had to get the car + mods. I'd do a 5.0 Fox/SN with AOD, assuming they're both healthy for $1-2K, also probably with a couple mods already, I'll just assume headers and a O/R H. Used gears, 3:73/4:11 maybe $100 install myself. Used GT40 intake/heads, $500 with new gaskets, install myself. Probably get a set of 1.7RR, used from a SN Cobra $150ish. Cheap lower/upper rear control arms, possibly subframe connectors, $250ish, install myself. 255 fuel pump, new $100, install myself. Used wet nitrous kit, $400, jetted for about 200-250HP. So with a $1500 purchase, I'm exactly at $3000. Now I lighten the shit out it by removing anything I absolutely don't need, I bet 2600lbs is more than possible. I'd probably pop $150 to get it on the dyno and dial in the nitrous jets with a/f. And a used pair of road race/auto-x tires for free-$50 from a local racer.

Now I have $3K to build the Honda. Since the above recipe can be done by anyone on this forum, the Honda build must be as well. So where do I start?

sn95jones

Reaction score
That's enough to get hon-duh fan boi's that B18C motor they seem to swear by. Got that vtec yo..... By the way... Most cars today have vtec
Even the mustang....
Sent from my Galaxy S2

SNAKEIZ

Reaction score
In MY opinion... Seems like a lot of ink and brain cells wasted in this post about making a honda fast. In the immortal words of Shania Twain, That don't impress me much. If you want to wuv honda's and Dr. Phil, have at it. You can make a Yugo fast if you wanted to. But you can't bolt on cool. I don't race, I'm well beyond those years. But I'd rather lose a race in my 97 Cobra, than lose my self respect driving a honda. I like Mustangs. So I wouldn't expect to be well received on a honda site.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
With all due respect....

It's cool what you guys are putting together on the cheap. But when you say it's cheap, or dollar for dollar modding a Honda is cheaper is not really true. It may be FOR YOU, but not for the normal person. Obviously having fabrication skills and a boatload of freebies makes anything cheap. If you look at it from the common person's perspective, you have a garage with basic hand tools, access to junkyards and craigslist, and obviously the internet. How cheap and fast could that Honda really get? I mean there are not a whole lot of fast Hondas out here that I've seen.

If I took a budget of $3000, had to get the car + mods. I'd do a 5.0 Fox/SN with AOD, assuming they're both healthy for $1-2K, also probably with a couple mods already, I'll just assume headers and a O/R H. Used gears, 3:73/4:11 maybe $100 install myself. Used GT40 intake/heads, $500 with new gaskets, install myself. Probably get a set of 1.7RR, used from a SN Cobra $150ish. Cheap lower/upper rear control arms, possibly subframe connectors, $250ish, install myself. 255 fuel pump, new $100, install myself. Used wet nitrous kit, $400, jetted for about 200-250HP. So with a $1500 purchase, I'm exactly at $3000. Now I lighten the shit out it by removing anything I absolutely don't need, I bet 2600lbs is more than possible. I'd probably pop $150 to get it on the dyno and dial in the nitrous jets with a/f. And a used pair of road race/auto-x tires for free-$50 from a local racer.

Now I have $3K to build the Honda. Since the above recipe can be done by anyone on this forum, the Honda build must be as well. So where do I start?

I think I mentioned this earlier but thanks for explaining it better.

You can easily build a retarded fast fox/sn of you put the money kn the right place and gut the thing/ go all out for a track car.

People just don't do it much

RichV

Reaction score
^ You did. And you know what you're talking about. We both also know that you pick 2:

fast - cheap - reliable

:)

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Well somewhere out there is a station wagon with fake wood trim that could beat 96.254% of the Mustangs on this board.

Draggin%27_wagon.JPG

So there.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would like to nominate this post for the worst post of 2013. I know its still REALLY early in the year but I have to say it has reached a level of suck-ness that justifies it.

OP
OP
M

Mustang_Sally

Reaction score
Wowza!!! 137 posts, just because I decided to get stupid with a fat guy in a civic.

On a more serious note, I do not nor will I ever condone street racing, although it is more fun than a fat kid in a candy store, it can be equally as harmful. I want to apologize to the forum for glorifying the incident, it was in poor taste.

Mustang Sally