Cleaning/painting under the hood of MeanGrn *update* spraying right now

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ill do that tomorrow if i get a chance dfg. I think it will look pretty damn good. I pretty much got the go ahead/ dont give a shit about anything downstairs from my mom so i might paint the intake tomorrow while i wait for a few parts. Got to get a power steering pump pulley since i kind of fucked mine up ;D i want to have it back together by easter.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Looks awesome man!! Glad to hear that they got it out.....now get back to paintin ;D

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i have been so damn busy i havent been on much and almost forgot about the thread...

Well i started putting everything back together friday night. It was in the 30's and i was sick. I pry should have been in the house resting up but i was too pissed not to get out and work on it. So after friday night and most of saturday i almost had it back together. Easter morning i got up bolted up the h pipe, changed the oil and filled her up with antifreeze/water and crossed my fingers and fired her up. :noes: Turned over right away and no leaks or anything so i was :banana: .

well i let it idle for a good 15 min or so and i hopped in it and realize it was already 215 or so (and it was like not even 40 out...). i thought that was kind of odd so i took it out on the road and got goinging and it started to creep up to 220 in a hurry and then all of a sudden i heard a HORRIBLE noise. I honestly thought it was a rod, piston or something major. So i shut it off and popped the hood and looked around and didnt notice anything and then i started it up again and it sounded fine. Tthen i got to thinking that it was getting hot so i tried to spin the electric fan (with the engine off)... and it wouldnt budge. Then after some wiggling i got it to spin and could hear something and then i realized what had happened... When i got pissed and took the sawzall to the pulley (60 bucks :nonono:) that damn piece must have ended up in the fan. Luckily i had one of those extendable magnetic pickup things so i got it out and proceeded to head back to the house (i wasnt very far away). But the damn thing wouldnt cool down and the fan wasnt kicking in so i coasted back to the house. I was hoping that it just blew a fuse but it was fine and the damn thing wouldnt kick on. So i burped the coolant to get the air out of the system and let it sit. I thought maybe the fan just got hot and would be ok after sitting. Well i took it out again and to my relief the fan kicked on and everything was running fine :banana:.

So she is fine except i need to get some 1/8 lines or tape the plastic thermactor lines back together (plastic + cold= snapping). The damn schrader valve had a very small leak but that is fine now. I havent had any problems with her yet. Im pretty damn happy that after everything not a single leak (i was reallly worried about the headgasket).

I havent gotten any pics, i will try to get some soon. I have been EXTREMELY busy. I havent had a day off for awhile (last weekend was brutal, 11 hour days). I am getting run down and tired but i am trying to catch up on my rest. Saturday is my 21st bday and i am going up to a college town where a bunch of my buddies are friday night and will be in the bar @ midnight :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: . I really need to get wasted badly and plan on doing so. i need to go clean out the inside of the stang, then tomorrow night ill catch the engine and friday before i head out everything else.

I am pretty damn proud how everything went back together and no major problems. :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's awsome man!
I hear you on the busy, it's like that a lot for me.

Hey, have a happy birthday, get some rest before then and have a good one.
your car can wait until next week.
I'll be watching for pix

94twinscrew

Reaction score
That's great to hear man,good job :drunk: If it makes you feel any better,I left a wrench in my fan once while swappin a blower pulley,and went to go take her for a rip.......half way through the pull,I heard this god awful noise,and I crapped my pants thinking that I through a rod. Nothing like the noise of metal to metal flying around under your hood during a pull......it's enough to make you piss yourself. ;D

Oh......HAPPY B-DAY TOO :drunk:

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya i know the sound was terrible. i about crapped myself. :noes:

ill get pics but it pry wont be till monday or so. im heading out tomorrow after work and wont be back until sunday (if i am feeling up to driving back home by then ;D)

the car has been driving great. Just got to wash her up before i head out tomorrow and everything will be good :drunk:

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
its been raining solid for the past 3 days plus this weekend was a little rough ;D . Ill try and get em done the next day or so if the weather straightens out. The project isnt completely finished.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Raining solid for 3 weeks!!

you sure about that buddy! :rollinglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001