Cobalt SS: Anybody Run One?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
well maybe a bone stock non pi gt...but my non pi with only 3.73s and longtubes and through auto spanked one
well i have beaten a srt4 before, doesn't mean i will beat many of them.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
im non pi, ive beat srts, cobalt ss, lt1 z28s(6 cars it was amusing), modded gtps (yes the grandprix, they are faster then you could imagine with minimal mods), gtos and many other cars, doesnt mean ima beat every1 around with one of those, just means ill beat the ones who cant drive. its sad though, i got beat by a 94 5.0 though after whooping up on all these cars ,and he was stock with exhaust and 3.73s

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
true...but I dont think a stock cobalt ss is any thing for me to worry about...hell I talked to a guy in newark who had exhaust, pulleys, ecu on his cobalt( actually sounded really nice too) ..I think he was boostin 15 psi he sais..anyways he was telling me the best he ran was a 14.5 ...maybe everybody who drives a cobalt ss cant drive?

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
i've beat ls1's and have been beaten by ls1's. but these were all in uncontrolled conditions. the only way to really know how your car will do against another is on the track. it's more controlled. i hung with a cobalt ss with my sunfire gt, but haven't met one with my stang yet.

Passenger

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Passenger said:
Look it up. I've seen a fucking Cavalier with an intake/exhaust run 15.1 with a 50 shot on it. Autotragic!

A 96-98 Non-PI GT would lose to a SS/SC. Hell I can barely beat a Stg2 SS/SC myself :(

im confused at what the point of the cavalier thing is?..are you saying it should run faster? sounds about right to me...considering it probably runs about a 16 flat stock..

well maybe a bone stock non pi gt...but my non pi with only 3.73s and longtubes and through auto spanked one
16 flat stock? In a shit-ass 03 Cavalier? harhar! I think the best he managed without nitrous was either 17.3 or so. +/- .2

When you guys are talking about "custom ecu's" and shit for the Cobalts, are you talking like aftermarket? Or GM's Stage 3 option?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Passenger said:
justinschmidt1 said:
Passenger said:
Look it up. I've seen a fucking Cavalier with an intake/exhaust run 15.1 with a 50 shot on it. Autotragic!

A 96-98 Non-PI GT would lose to a SS/SC. Hell I can barely beat a Stg2 SS/SC myself :(

im confused at what the point of the cavalier thing is?..are you saying it should run faster? sounds about right to me...considering it probably runs about a 16 flat stock..

16 flat stock? In a shit-ass 03 Cavalier? harhar! I think the best he managed without nitrous was either 17.3 or so. +/- .2

When you guys are talking about "custom ecu's" and shit for the Cobalts, are you talking like aftermarket? Or GM's Stage 3 option?

have you ever driven a cavalier?...an 03 auto cavalier with 140 hp would run about a 16 flat

Passenger

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Passenger said:
justinschmidt1 said:
Passenger said:

have you ever driven a cavalier?...an 03 auto cavalier with 140 hp would run about a 16 flat

140hp? Dear god someone please slit my throat. Thats 140 crank, not wheel. Tell you what, you buy you a plain ticket, and come to Bristol, TN. I'll pay your way into the track, give you place to stay, and a 03 automatic cobalt and see if you can run a 16 flat. Cavalier = disposable car. Maybe they're decent for a daily, but nothing more.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
a 99-04 v6 mustang with 190 at the crank has a hard time getting into the 15s stock...

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Every Cobalt SS's I have seen and ran into were weak must have just been stock though.
If the driver of the Cobalt SS is anything decent you will loss if you are NPI.
You never know though what mods the Cobalt boys have?

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
The driver is alright by now I would assume, and he's totally stock, and I have 3.73's, k&n filter, mac o/r h, flowmaster catback, and a pi intake that I have yet to install.

voidfinger

Reaction score
well from what they are saying then you should have no problems

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
a 99-04 v6 mustang with 190 at the crank has a hard time getting into the 15s stock...

I understand that but here is the differance cavalier Curb Weight: 2617 lbs.

I dont even know what a v6 stangs curb weight...but its probably atleast 500-600 pounds above that...which could easily make up for the fact that the cavalier has 50 less horsepower....and guess what the cavalier actually has good gearing from the factory...my girlfriend has an 04 auto cavalier and I know for a fact that it will beat an auto 99-04 v6 since one of her girlfriends has one....im not saying its fast...but it will run a 16 flat maybe even 15s

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
i've ran many of them and the only time i was beat by an SRT-4 was when i had a dirty MAF. i found the same guy 2 weeks later with a clean MAF and blew by him like he was on a moped. we whipped into a sonic and he asked where my NO2 bottle was. :rollinglaugh:

he was rather embarrassed.

they always comment about how loud my exhaust is.... and i say, yeah i know, that's because you are behind me. :ass3:

Pennywise2

Reaction score
spitfirees20 said:
The driver is alright by now I would assume, and he's totally stock, and I have 3.73's, k&n filter, mac o/r h, flowmaster catback, and a pi intake that I have yet to install.
You should stand a good chance of winning the race with the mods you have
not installed.
Good luck and take it to the track.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't make me get out the G/F's V6 Malibu and start kicking butt on the Street Scene! You don't want none of that :eek:uttahere:

voidfinger

Reaction score
i raced an ecotech sunfire with my auto/vert and it ran with me neck and neck till about 40....... i was like "Holy SHIT" i'm about to get spanked by a stock sunfire. My car was stock then too by the way, but still....

snakebit97

Reaction score
Not trying to change the subject from the Cobalt SS, but someone mentioned a Saturn Ion Redline I believe. Those little bastards are quick.

I ran a guy from a dead stop a while back and I had a hard time shaking him loose. He held close till about 110mph but dropped like he was shot sfter that, by 120 he was toast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001