cobra brake brackets?

skidude69

Reaction score
Are the stock 94 GT front brake brackets compatible with the 94-98 cobra calipers? I don’t think they are and I haven’t found anything that addresses this directly in any previous posts.

It looks like the replacements from any auto parts store do not include the bracket and they don’t list it as a part to be ordered. The upgrade “kits†from Stang Susp. and others seem to list the bracket as part of the kit but I am not sure.

Thanks!

stang94X

Reaction score
i put 03 mach1 front calipers and 13" rotors on my 94 gt, they are the same as cobras, and i didnt change any brackets, the only thing i had to buy different was the brake line

95-stang

Reaction score
No, the 94-98 Cobra calipers wont fit without the cobra mounting brackets.

OP
OP
S

skidude69

Reaction score
stang94X said:
i put 03 mach1 front calipers and 13" rotors on my 94 gt, they are the same as cobras, and i didnt change any brackets, the only thing i had to buy different was the brake line

Didn't your new calipers come with the brackets that mount to the spindles? I would think you would have to have brackets due to the shape of the calipers and the diameter of the rotors?

95-stang

Reaction score
skidude69 said:
stang94X said:

Didn't your new calipers come with the brackets that mount to the spindles? I would think you would have to have brackets due to the shape of the calipers and the diameter of the rotors?

I wondered that, i have some 2001 calipers which use the standard 11" discs, they will mount ok, but still need a bit of grinding of the mountings to fit:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/2009.shtml

but the Cobra upgrade was just that bit better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.