Cobra brake upgrade - worth it?

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Well worth the time and money to do the fronts! I noticed a night and day difference over my 98 GT setup with Powerstop pads and rotors.

12327983_1253692837992058_1704975426_n.jpg

Don't know if it's worth the effort and hassle to upgrade the rears. Just my humble opinion. You are just getting a cooler running rotor and more pad bite surface back there.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Well, DFG, I have the complete Cobra rear axle hub to hub to put in my car. I was gonna drop the stock axle anyway to put on aftermarket control arms so doing my rears is a no brainer. I'll gain a better gear for my non power adder motor in the process. On my wife's car, yeah I'll have to pull the differential cover, pull the C clips, take out the axle shafts, swap over the brackets, and put it all back together, but now that I have the parts might be a nice winter project once I get front calipers. Rotor are easy and not expensive.

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Well, DFG, I have the complete Cobra rear axle hub to hub to put in my car. I was gonna drop the stock axle anyway to put on aftermarket control arms so doing my rears is a no brainer. I'll gain a better gear for my non power adder motor in the process. On my wife's car, yeah I'll have to pull the differential cover, pull the C clips, take out the axle shafts, swap over the brackets, and put it all back together, but now that I have the parts might be a nice winter project once I get front calipers. Rotor are easy and not expensive.

Agreed.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, gang. Yeah, with the FR500s I just ordered the stock rear disk would look puny, and adding the Cobra rear will help balance braking front to rear like other members pointed out.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I never new the cobra rears where bigger!?! I thought they were just thicker for some reason definitely have to do this next go around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online