Cobra owners do you get much hate from GT's ?

moot09

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Honestly I don't know if it's wether or not they can afford a cobra. I think for the younger crowd a GT is alot less expensive. Around here guys ask WAY TO MUCH for a cobra. 96s-98s with 88k-100k they still try to ask 10k-17k. I think thats completly outragous. It really usually are the kids who give not only the mustang a bad rep but it makes it hard on guys like us when it comes to insurance because they all race around and kill people. About people hating on you i guess cuz you own a cobra ignore it. You know how many ricers I get everyday flaring at me. It's pathetic... I just ingore the shit and go on my way. Like I said though around here its alot different. People buy there kids cobra's and everything cuz they can afford too. Simply just ignore them. They have no idea what brotherhood is. I preach it when it comes to mustangs but they don't care. I run a car club around here and posted on quite a few boards recruiting people. Well the first couple of weeks went great but really I saw there was no future with alot of members so I gave them the boot. I went from having over 20 people in the club to now 6. These 6 people have made it to every meeting and have showed alot of intrest in the club. The rest just wanted to race around and well do nothing. Everytime I set up a meeting they always had excuse's and well it got old. Your probably wondering what my point is and its this. If people can't grow up and see thats it's not about owning a GT or cobra what matters is that we all share the same passion for the same company. If they give you dirty looks and such just tell yourself theres at least one person on the road who bears the name with compassion and alot of integrity. The rest is all bull shit. Sorry for rambling but hey thats why we got great site's like this. Alot of us on here share the same views and are helpful. Try finding that at SVTperformance. Any GT or V6 go on that site we get murdered. Just stating facts is all. Your a good guy Snake don't let punks demish that.

im not gonna lie im 16 almost 17 and own a gt. i know alot of young people give anycar a bad name by going and doing dumb shit or being cocky about what they dont have but i will say everytime i see a cobra i about crap my self lol ive always loved cobra and always will

destructo

Reaction score
I've only ever "raced" one Cobra on the streets. It was a 96 and he beat me bit a little bit. Afterwards, we each gave the thumbs up crap and all was well. Pretty much anyone I've ever seen around here in a Terminator has been an old guy and they're all pretty much oblivious to anything around them anyway. I guess that's just the way old people are.

Really, I think it all just depends on who's driving the car, not how many valves per cylinder they have. Do I wish I was able to afford a Terminator? Hell yes, but I'm not going to hate someone else I see driving one. Shiiiiit, I'm humble.

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
i always acknowlege gt owners, cause i know not everyone can get a cobra, due to financial, insurance whatever, but you know something i have had more people who own gts come up next to me and think that their stock gt is way better than a cobra or whatever. I am perplexed lol its nice to have pride in your car but its another to think it can do something that it clearly cannot. like i said though any fellow mustang owner has no beef with me, gt, cobra whatever i think its great they drive american muscle and not some rice burning piece of fuck but just my .02 ive notices alot of gt owners are cocky as shit

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've got a Terminator now, I rule all, and everyone else totally sucks rawr!!!!! Lol, I'm JK, ha ha ha , this thread is dead, lot's of people are douchebags, especially the ones with "all boarded and stroked Edelbrock motor's", I effin hate hillybilly's. And yes, I did already start drinking :new_year:

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol don't talk shit about edilbrocky motors lol. I want one for my C10 lol. ANyway Happy new years.

birel21y

Reaction score
Ya, i feel the same way. but all the gt owners think i have a gt, because the 94-95's somtimes came with the gt hood.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yep, the 5.0 cobra's were on pare with the pi gt's "I think" both made around 260 hp right?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Where I'm from, people had "all edelbrock" motor's, before Edelbrock built crate motor's, and they were all Boarded and stroked 350's with 4 bolt mains, all of them, always. These were the people who could tell a 4 bolt main 350 by looking at it, amazing stuff. :mikec:

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol thats what i was thinking for the C10 lol, 4 bolt main with some aluminum heads/intake, and a lumpy ass cam. Maybe the trick flow top end kit would be nice with about 12/1 CR.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol thats what i was thinking for the C10 lol, 4 bolt main with some aluminum heads/intake, and a lumpy ass cam. Maybe the trick flow top end kit would be nice with about 12/1 CR.

Vortec heads and a faily mild comp cam should be pretty impressive, and why not build a 383, the kit's are nearly as cheap as 350 ones now.

voidfinger

Reaction score
is the 383 off the 350 block? stroked? hmmm sounds interesting

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's basically a 400 crank in a 350 block. A complete kit runs about 700 buck's, Vortech head's are about 700 new, an intake is 200 (needs a specific one), Carb is 300, cam would be 100, then you're machining and misc. You'd hit 450 easy enough with that.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
It's basically a 400 crank in a 350 block. A complete kit runs about 700 buck's, Vortech head's are about 700 new, an intake is 200 (needs a specific one), Carb is 300, cam would be 100, then you're machining and misc. You'd hit 450 easy enough with that.
pretty much, my buddy currently has a 383 stroker in his 89 iroc, what a badass combo that is, he will come up to someone on the street and tell them that he has a stock 305 with a cam, then he just wastes them

voidfinger

Reaction score
Hmmmm, nice. So just a 400 crank and the stock other sizes. :) that doesn't sound so bad after all... maybe i should shove one in my mustang lol.

So how are the 400's? what can you stroke them up too?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Hmmmm, nice. So just a 400 crank and the stock other sizes. :) that doesn't sound so bad after all... maybe i should shove one in my mustang lol.

So how are the 400's? what can you stroke them up too?

You need different pistons as well. 400's are kinda rare, over priced, prone to overheat. They can go to 413 reliably though.

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol only 13 CI more lol what a joke. Haha, I'd stick with the 383 then... I just like the bigger numbers :xmascheers:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The 400 wasn't the badass HiPo motor the mullet crowd seems to think it is. It was a smog motor designed to lug Suburbans and Caprices about in reasonable fashion. I think the highest rating on one was like 180, it's a light weight smog casting, in addition to being the same outside dimensions as a 350, so it's 10 lbs in a 5lb sack... The best thing to do with a 400 is put a 350 crank in it, then put the whole thing in a Monza :santa_evil:

gtjon

Reaction score
i love cobras! i have a 96 gt dark forrest green with cobra front bumper and 98 cobra rims and i love it but i do wish i had a cobra everytime i see one i try to catch up to it and complement the car and ask them to rev it 4 me

jwatson21

Reaction score
everybody here in western nc does the wave thing, it doesnt matter if its a 69 or a 99 we all share the brotherhood

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online