Cobra owners do you get much hate from GT's ?

johnnydufus

Reaction score
dont really get much hate from gt owners, but here their arent really many of them except for some old foxes or 1 or 2 new edges

i get alot of hate from people at my old high school that had honda's with coffee cans, that yet still spend money on their cars to TRY, one guy just dropped about 7k in his hatch on a gsr integra engine, skunk2 intake, hondata, greddy exhaust and still runs 15.2's..... coulda saved that money and bought a cobra

drifts14x

Reaction score
I have to say, I do get a lot more hate from import guys, they're always like "That Mustang is a slow piece..." and I'm always like "That's cool, wanna race anyways?" Then there are 100,000 excuses "My Vtec isn't tuned, my short shifter hasn't come in yet, I just got these tires, my clutch is fried," which begs me to ask, if your car can't even race, why are you hating on mine? Then they bring up stupid shit like gas mileage and I'm like, well, I get 18 city and 30 highway, is that really that much worse than your 24/28? and my car can go 150 as opposed to 125, and get there faster. I used to be an import guy, still am on some stuff, but the ricers really make it aggravating to call yourself a "Car Guy."

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
in my neck of the woods i catch slack from people in the newer stangs, they are almost to the point of me calling them arrogant, i usually get a thumbs up or a rev from someone in another mustang (excluding the newer ones)

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
i hate everything i see and most of what i imagine ... i'm like buck nasty from chappel show

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
WWOOOFF WOOOFFF BUCK NASTY ... he was funniest in haters in time... i LOVE that skit the player haters ball...i love it at the end when chappels character...cant' remember his name says..."now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put some water in buck nasty's mom's dish"
dammit I miss chappel

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i love the part when they were making fun of Silky Johnson's (dave chappelle) coat
"very insulting what you said about my coat, the fact is its made out of your mothers pubic hair"
"ahhhh the so called beautiful, why dont you click your heels together 3 times and go back to africa"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j-15cV4oQLk

thorco3

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Around here all the cobra guys think they are the shit. I presonally like to hand out ass whompin's when they cocky. Yeah an 03-04 takes me and pulls pretty hard, but 96-01's I give them a hell of run for there money. When guys think because they own an "SVT" and try to think there better then GT owners I laugh. Yeah they have nice motor's and looks but it don't matter in my book. I bought a mustang because one day weather you own a cobra or GT it's going to be a piece of history and one's who think there superior are only making themselves infearior to everyone else. Friendship is worth alot more in the long run sharing your passion for all platforms wether it be a GT,LX, Cobra, or V6. I give thumbs up to ALL mustangs and help out in anyway I can.

very well put... I wish more mustang owners felt this way. There are way to many cocky mustang owners in my area. I get annoyed because most of them don't even take care of there cars enough to keep them clean and then it's like they think they are tough shi* just because they drive a mustang... It's like they miss the point of the whole thing.

ripper

Reaction score
Our local forum is called East Coast Cobra and Ford Mustang. Mostly Cobra owners but everyone gets along like peas and carrots. Hell we even got a guy with an F body. All in all its the people drivin these things not what they drive. We got a guy on here that doesnt even own a mustang (cough, cough, dodge truck, cough). And I put up with him :) LOL j/k with ya KB ya know i luvs ya man. When I go to the track I hang with the ricer guys sometimes. I actually know more of them then the mustang guys. Car guys and gals are just that. Wether they are diks or not doesnt have a thing to do with what they drive.

In all ive never been hated on by any car enthusiasts. It may be because of my general good looks and sex appeal :) Or maybe because im 6'2" 230lbs.

voidfinger

Reaction score
Well, to respond to the first post. I have a 98 gt and it has a cobra kit and some other cobra stuff, i want to swap the motor and stuff. When i had the gt stock and stuff i would always getting hated on by cobra's. I never understood why b/c i love all mustangs and it always pissed me off that the cobra guys acted like that. On the flip, i was also very pissed off that the freaken gt's were so slow and it made me mad that the cobra had like 1oo more hp than the gt :(

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Many Terminator owner's do have an air of superiority, like the car makes the man or something. I noticed it when I was trolling a certain Cobra site for info lately. My 2v would put most Cobra's on the road to shame, but I didn't feel the need to go around and announce it to them, or lord my extra cylinder's over V6's, car culture has gotten almost clannish now though.

Funny thing, in my Jeep, everyone with a Wrangler waves... And I have the "top dog" Wrangler so to speak, no hater aide though, just friendly questions and sharing of info when we meet, the way it should be.

FATPAUL

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Around here all the cobra guys think they are the shit. I presonally like to hand out ass whompin's when they cocky. Yeah an 03-04 takes me and pulls pretty hard, but 96-01's I give them a hell of run for there money. When guys think because they own an "SVT" and try to think there better then GT owners I laugh. Yeah they have nice motor's and looks but it don't matter in my book. I bought a mustang because one day weather you own a cobra or GT it's going to be a piece of history and one's who think there superior are only making themselves infearior to everyone else. Friendship is worth alot more in the long run sharing your passion for all platforms wether it be a GT,LX, Cobra, or V6. I give thumbs up to ALL mustangs and help out in anyway I can.

lmao

02GT

Reaction score
The only hate I get from GT owners is guys who have stock p.o.s GT's who put exhaust and a 3" cowl hood and think they are bad. Theres only 3 mustangs around here who are really out and about. One is a 96 white GT who has a nice exhaust setup and cams and revs up CONSTANTLY. He thinks he owns the road,but when I got the mystic...he just sort of stares and doesnt rev up at it anymore ;). The second one is a 97 red GT with a 3" cowl hood, altezzas, and dumps and this guy is the same as the white one, except he challenges everybody with a car..he thinks hes a "true drag racer" when hes never ran his car. THe other is a stock v6 owner who runs his mouth too much.....saying "if I had my uncles 88 GT I'd stomp you in the road!" stuff like that.....i had a v6 with altezzas (they came on the car when i bought it, never got around to replacing) and dual exhaust and I waved to every mustang owner I saw. Now I got the mystic and I do the same, but now people (mainly GT's) just sort of stare and give me that "you're a dickhead" look.

02GT

Reaction score
haha thats true, mystics are pretty rare. But man I do love it, oh well I'll take getting all the flak and dirty looks from GT owners to have this car.

FUK_N_JUNK

Reaction score
I always get hate from anyone in a FORD.... but thats because my chevy is the shit!!!! :hammer:

No for real, I give a thumbs up to anyone no matter if it's a Ford, Dodge, Chebby, or other nice car. If it looks like the owner takes pride in his ride, and I like the style, i will compliment. If it's just rediciouls or hiddeous, I just keep my comments to myself (and my buddies if they are around)

Now for the GT/CObra thing? That confuses me, I think they give you these problems because they are jealous and thats it. I used to have this problem from just about everyone when I first built the S-10...... they always wanted to start some shit, but all they saw was tail-lights so I dont really know what their facial expressions are afterwards. I dont have that problem anymore casue everyone around here knows the truck now :police:

Well, If you ever see me out and about, just wave, I will return the favor.

FUK_N_JUNK

Reaction score
RubiconSix96Cobra said:
The only hate I get from GT owners is guys who have stock p.o.s GT's who put exhaust and a 3" cowl hood and think they are bad. Theres only 3 mustangs around here who are really out and about. One is a 96 white GT who has a nice exhaust setup and cams and revs up CONSTANTLY. He thinks he owns the road,but when I got the mystic...he just sort of stares and doesnt rev up at it anymore ;). The second one is a 97 red GT with a 3" cowl hood, altezzas, and dumps and this guy is the same as the white one, except he challenges everybody with a car..he thinks hes a "true drag racer" when hes never ran his car. THe other is a stock v6 owner who runs his mouth too much.....saying "if I had my uncles 88 GT I'd stomp you in the road!" stuff like that.....i had a v6 with altezzas (they came on the car when i bought it, never got around to replacing) and dual exhaust and I waved to every mustang owner I saw. Now I got the mystic and I do the same, but now people (mainly GT's) just sort of stare and give me that "you're a dickhead" look.

I had that same problem.... when I moved into my subdivision (really bad mistake by the way) there were 3 guys in here already that had so called "fast" cars and 1 was a "full out drag car". I had the GT and Z28 sitting out in the drive for about 2 weeks untill I built my new shop behind the house (yeah I already got a 3 car garage, but 9 cars LOL) They would always give me some shitty look, or from what I heard from a neighbor, talking shit. Well once the shop was built I brought over my "other cars" and of course I had to take the Nova and S-10 for a spin around the subdivision. The look on their faces was priceless....... now when-ever I have the doors open, they always try to come and hang out. 1 guy is cool and comes over often, but the other 2 are just HATERS!!!! Sorry I know my shit, and got WAY faster stuff than you guys, but I do, so deal with it.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
I know exactly what your talking about ^. When I first bought my mustang my brother in law had a 91 Cavalier. He kept telling me that his car would hang with mine pretty good. I kept blowing him off cause it wasn't really worth the gas to prove to him. Well finally one day I had enough and proved it to him. He hung with me, only because I had no traction in first gear but once I hit 2nd I was gone ;D . Then the idiot bought like an 87 full size chevy van with a 350. He was sure that thing would waste me. Eventually I got tired of hearing it and proved how slow his van really was. But this is the type of guy that thinks every car HE owns is the fastest.

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol i know, i almost got my ass handed to my by a ecotech sunfire... worst night of my life. thank god it didn't have any top end after 80.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol i know, i almost got my ass handed to my by a ecotech sunfire... worst night of my life. thank god it didn't have any top end after 80.

I had a 96 Sunfire GT (manual) and it was pretty damn quick. Not saying it was fast but it wasn't bad for a sunfire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online