cooling fans?

mark8796

Reaction score
Hey, fellers.... anybody know of a cooling fan setup for a 96GT to go w/ a fluidyne 2 row rad? With summer coming, I gotta do something to fight this Las Vegas heat and traffic. My car is blown, so it runs hot as it is. I already "bought it now" a 180 deg thermostat off e-bay. I figured a fluidyne, 180 t stat, some high output fans and some water wetter should do the trick...save some ponies, so to speak. any thoughts?

Whistler98

Reaction score
I have heard alot of opinions on the t-stat thing. Some say do it and it works and some argue that it won't help. I just bought a 180 t-stat from autozone and dropped it in there, I didn't do anything else and the car runs the same only diff is that the temp on the gauge reads cooler. It used to read "M" on normal and now it reads on the "r". I live in the moutains here in PA and when I take the car out I have to go up a 3-4 mile dam moutain so I like to keep it running cool.

Whistler98

Reaction score
How does that thing run with the powerdyne? #'s? also what type of bassani headers do you have I and what r the impressions on them?

OP
OP
M

mark8796

Reaction score
my powerdyne is the 8 pound variety... i have an 11# pulley i bought on an impulse. but in reality, i don't think it wise to install it. best gas i can get out here (other than $10/gal race fuel at the track) is 91 octane. the powerdyne is no vortech or p1sc, but the price was right at $2400 when i bought it back in '99. car runs real strong for a non-pi. i have a pi intake and cams i just got off e-bay...$120 for both shipped, not bad! just trying to organize the install which i will do myself. stupid ford dealer here in vegas says the coolant tube and nipple are discontinued.:dunno: my bassani "optimum length" ceramic coated stainless headers are still in 50 pieces in the box. i thought they would come mostly assembled...they didn't. just waiting for some funds for a shop to install those, motor needs to be lifted and a whole bunch other PITA stuff. i wanna do the headers, fluidyne, 180 t stat, pi intake/cams, and 30# injectors all at same time. anyway, i got carried away. love talking stangs i guess. nice talking w/ ya.

Whistler98

Reaction score
The bassani's are in pieces b/c you bolt each tube up separetly and then the collector slips over the end. What did you pay for them? I have the bassani x and cat back I have been wanting the headers but the dum ass shop here said they don't sell optium length for 2v's and I knew they did. As for the coolant tube you need contact Randy Stinchcomb of Liberty Ford go to modulardepot.com in there forums under ford factory parts. I called him for some of the weirdest parts and he really knows his fords he can hook you up. The retarded ford dealers around hear don't know anything either one of them thought my 2v took a cobra intake I was like you guys really have no clue it wasn't even an svt dealer. I said to the guy that they don't even sell cobras at this dealer lol.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
+1 call up randy. He'll set you up. I've ordered alot of stuff from him and he's always gotten me exactly what i needed the first time.

OP
OP
M

mark8796

Reaction score
whistler, I payed like $600 bucks for the headers...money is really no object for my girl. yeah, these dealers are fricking idiots out here, but really that's anywhere. :mad:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the 96 cooling system is weak and was replaced with the 97 fan/shroud/radiator (much better) if you complained to ford back then. So if you can find a 97 up fan/shroud setup that is an upgrade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online