cruise control, horn, and foglights not working need help.

91paxmustang

I have a 94gt that the horn and cruise control stoped working around the same time, if not the same time. fog lights been out for a while. I checked and switched the fuses they all were ok. i manually tested the horn and fog lights and they worked. I checked for 12v at the horn, lights, and there was none. I also switched out some relays with others that were in my high current fuses and still nothing. I dont Know for sure though if the relays are any good. Anyone have any suggestions?

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
i would double check all the harnesses. when i first bought my car my fogs and my cig. lighter didnt work, just because the harness was unplugged....
just a thought

OP
OP

91paxmustang

All the relays are fine, i bought a new one for the horn and still nothing. All the harnesses are plugged in. Anybody have any idea?

zero_chance

Reaction score
This is old but if you still havent figured it out, a cruise control failure and horn failure at the same time is almost certainly a clock spring issue. Or airbag sliding contact as some call it. ANd no, this wont always trip the airbag light. Different circuits.

Slow95Cobra

Reaction score
i would also say the clock spring is bad..... make sure you have power to the fog lamp switch, the switches arent but like 20 bones, so it wouldnt hurt to freshen it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online