Cruise control problem

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
That on button is there to apply power to it. Do that first, then retest. I would think it has to work unless the cc ON button has taken on damage and no longer completes the circuit.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Ok, Still no power to that orange wire but have power at the button. I'm just checking that wire from the back by sticking the probe in that slot, not taking it off the servo. Didn't want to have to take the wheel well cover off to get that unplugged.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Any idea why no power to fuse 35? There's three fuses that have to do with the servo, 17, 33 and 35. 17 is hot in run but 33 and 35 says hot all times.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Really any wire with +12vdc going through it should be fused whether they're HAAT or HIR. The 33 & 35 just feed the power, but it's 17 that is the switched kind of power to trigger a relay of some sort so it's most likely a low current line, most likely a solid state relay would be my guess. Embedded within the module. Hard to say I never opened one. It's always possible the wire got severed somehow. I had this actually happen on its own to the brake light pedal switch wire because Ford routes it too close to the clutch pedal armature.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Wonder why I have no power on 35 but do all the rest. I switched the servo/module plus the brake switch. Didn't see any wires like that but who knows. That would be strange since nothing has been touched as far as the wires go. Still a mystery!

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Does anyone know why one fuse which is 35 would not have power to it?
Thanks for the responses!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
anyone have alldata for that year? Like I said if it were 94/95 I could trace it out on my ford factory repair manual(the orang mustang bible IMO).

Just curious have you looked to see if the sockets the fuse slides into just has not been pushed down to where you can't reach it? Take a light and make sure you can see it. After that though it will come down to tracing that wire out the back of the fusebox and along the wire harness. It would not hurt to flip the box over and make a visual inspection for any broken wires.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Yes sockets for that fuse are just like the rest.
I had the bolts out of the box once but no way to flip it or get it out of the steel around it. Why it's mounted like that is ridiculous.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
I could only move maybe a half a inch no matter which way I tried. Also looked to see if any bolts held the steel around it but didn't see anything, probably all one big piece with the rest of the dash.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I have a pretty good AllData thing going on at the hobby shop but I won't be in that area until like a week or maybe two. But I can get at it then.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
alldata is a program you can subscribe to that has access to the better info in the factory manuals like I have for my 94. Its better than a haynes manual or what you can find online, gives wiring pin outs and such. If someone has a subscription they could look it up, if not then you can always get one.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
It's kind of pricey. I have access to it at the hobby shop on base but I won't be there for another week or two.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the OEM manuals are expensive as well but with as much as I end up looking stuff up in them they are worth the price.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
This is the first time I've had to use anything to fix something on the Stang. Owned it for two years now 135000 miles.

BHernandez

Reaction score
The circuit for speed control is located under the hood in the fuse box. Section labeled as "maxi fuses". There are 3 IGN. SW on the left side. You want the center one. All 3 should be 40 Amp. The one farthest right does A/C. Left does air bags, turn signal, etc. If your wipers are working then the the circuit is powered. Most likely it's a bad CC Servo in the control unit. They're cheap used. Hard to find new.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
The circuit for speed control is located under the hood in the fuse box. Section labeled as "maxi fuses". There are 3 IGN. SW on the left side. You want the center one. All 3 should be 40 Amp. The one farthest right does A/C. Left does air bags, turn signal, etc. If your wipers are working then the the circuit is powered. Most likely it's a bad CC Servo in the control unit. They're cheap used. Hard to find new.
All those fuses are good as all the ones under the dash. I changed the module/servo unit and doubt if anything is wrong with either one. Do you know of any relays that would go to the cruise? I know the ones under the hood don't but there are I think 4 or 6 near to the right and back of the fuse box under the dash, but no mention of those with the fuses.

BHernandez

Reaction score
I don't know of any, but you can find a fuse panel/ relay diagram free of charge on LMR.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online