Cruise control problem

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Yes I have the diagrams for under hood and dash. Just noticed those one of the many times I've been under there. No idea what they're for or even if that's what they are. They're all black and almost behind the box under dash. Not easy to see unless you're changing the brake pedal switch. Nothing about them anywhere so you got me.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
I just went and checked all those Maxi's again and they all have power. I've been doing all this for at least a month, that's why it's getting frustrating!

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Well just for the fun of it I checked 17 33 and 35 again with the ignition on and 17 and 33 have over 12v but 35 is showing 0.01.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Wish I could at least see the top or back, whatever you want to call it, of the fuse box under the dash. But taking those bolts out got me nothing. I'd like to know how they got it in there.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok so there isn't power at that fuse box either so we are getting closer. It is something in front of that fuse then as well. Post pics of what ever wiring diagrams you have.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
The only wiring diagram I have is of the cruise control and got it off here . I could take a pic of it and stick it in here.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think you only will see power on that fuse when the brakes are pressed. Try it out for me and keep an eye out for a light green wire

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Maybe we'll see tomorrow. That one and 17 are really the ones for the servo. 33 is mostly brake light switch and brake switch to shut off the cruise.
Yes I saw the green wire on the diagram but not under dash yet, just love getting under there

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Okay you're right. Have the same power there as the rest with the brake pedal pushed, good job figuring that out!! Haven't looked yet for that green wire though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
check for the light green wire at the speed servo controller and test it for voltage with the pedal on to make sure it matches what the battery has. There are two connections between the fuse and the servo for the shift interlock/abs systems at connection s272 or at the clutch cut off or jumper. A problem at either of those two might cause problems for the servo

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Okay will do eventually. No clutch have automatic transmission. This doesn't have abs either. But can check that green wire at the servo with the brake pushed. We'll see.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Okay will do eventually. No clutch have automatic transmission. This doesn't have abs either. But can check that green wire at the servo with the brake pushed. We'll see.
did you remove the abs or did it not have it to begin with?

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
It obviously never had it as there are no contacts in the box under hood where that fuse would have went. Spot is there but no metal contacts for a fuse.
I got nothing at the green wire with the brake lights on, might have to put the other brake switch back on the pedal and try again. The switch I got for that was for a 98 not 99 so could be a difference in the throw of the arm out of it. Can't wait!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Check the clutch pedal while you are up in the brake pedal and see if you see the light green wire there and I think there should be a harness with a jumper in it. If you do not see it there follow the light green wire back from the servo

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Maybe I'll have to take the fender well cover off, unplug the servo and check it that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online