Don't you just hate it when... **Finished, link to pics on post 224!!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 137 Some bad unseen rust...**

Steven said:
Man, thats alot of rust for a newer car. I couldn't live with that much rust
16 year old car that lives in Canada where the roads are salty, and I have no clue if the car was winter driven before I bought it. It's getting fixed, pisses me off that there IS that much rust, but what can I do about it lol.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Oh well. Nows the time to do a color change you know.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Everyone has been saying that. To do a proper colour change would cost WAY too much, and yellow is crappy colour to go over, and yellow door jams/engine bay will look dumb. Besides, yellows kind of a "rarer" colour vs a red/black mustang :)

BOS-94-003

Reaction score

parts010-1.jpg

parts013.jpg

Welcome to my world.

pilks

Reaction score

yikes

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Rice_slayer said:
Everyone has been saying that. To do a proper colour change would cost WAY too much, and yellow is crappy colour to go over, and yellow door jams/engine bay will look dumb. Besides, yellows kind of a "rarer" colour vs a red/black mustang :)

Canary Yellow FTW.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

BOS-94-003 said:
parts010-1.jpg

parts013.jpg

Welcome to my world.
I'm not alone! Mine wasn't that bad but BEHIND the top part that you didn't cut is where it is rusted bad, which is actually really strange...

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Had to go and pick up some parts for my dad today, stopped by the bodyshop and saw my car sitting outside, untouched since monday! Apparently one of our autobody guys thought hunting was more important :BangHead: If this effing thing is done by christmas now I'll be shocked, but I snatched a clearer pic of the inner fender rust, still don't know how it rusted like that. I just want to drive my car again before the snow flys :crybaby2:
IMG00133-20101022-1248.jpg

IMG00135-20101022-1249.jpg

bsn95w

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 147, This is getting stupid!**

wow that blows

snoball

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 147, This is getting stupid!**

keep your patience man, itll get done and itll be worth the time youve been without. itll be like brand new soon. best of luck

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

that does suck, I'd be pissed off too. Tell them that if you're going to have to be waiting around to work around their schedule that you'd like some money refunded for the addition time invested.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

OnyxCobra said:
that does suck, I'd be pissed off too. Tell them that if you're going to have to be waiting around to work around their schedule that you'd like some money refunded for the addition time invested.

with my experience, its always better to wait it out.... document it, of course.... and after quite a while, bring up a complaint....

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Snoball said:
keep your patience man, itll get done and itll be worth the time youve been without. itll be like brand new soon. best of luck
I know man, I'm sooo stoked to have a CLEAN as hell car, can't wait until it's lowered. The part that pisses me off is I can only drive the car 8/12 months of the year, and I have lost 2, probably going to be 2 and a half months of driving it and the snow is going to come down soon, thats why I'm getting impatient. I work there, so causing a scene isn't the smartest thing, but if it's not done within 2 weeks come monday, I'm talking to the bodyshop manager, It's been in there since september 24th or something like that now!

castine917

Reaction score

try to remember though it went in for a little work and keeps getting to be a bigger job. the more that gets found and fixed now the better. lose 2 months now or a year of later?

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

castine917 said:
try to remember though it went in for a little work and keeps getting to be a bigger job. the more that gets found and fixed now the better. lose 2 months now or a year of later?
I know what you are saying, and I am VERY happy this was all found now rather than later, but it still sucks lol. I took a peek at it today and checked the passenger side. Since my trunk liner was already stripped out it was easy to see, the rust on the pass. side is practically non-existant, won't need the drastic surgery of the driver's side lol.

castine917

Reaction score

see, good things.

bsn95w

Reaction score

its amazing what a few thousand miles in location can do to a car.

it may be hot as shit here, but if it prevents my car from turnin to ^that^ ill live haha.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Haha yep, stupid Prairies lol. Anyways, I don't have a pic as I have been SWAMPED at work(we got our first snowfall, but it's melting) but I knew they would have to get my car done soon because insurance claims are going to start coming in from winter driving. I took a peek today and they have the rear drivers area cut off now with the welding machine right beside the car. I asked the parts guy from the body shop, he said they are aiming for this Friday... Finally!!!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 158, soon... very soon...

FINALLY got to see some work done on the car, and I'm impressed! Here is that very rusted area now :). Still need to do passenger side, but it's looking possible to be done next week, friday won't happen for sure sadly, oh well, at least it's getting closer!

bsn95w

Reaction score
Re: Don't you just hate it when... **UPDATE: Post 158, soon... very soon...

So, is the lady that hit you paying for your rust out relates? Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online